Author Topic: Bobcats (14-50) at Celtics 35-29) 3/16  (Read 19214 times)

Bobcats (14-50) at Celtics 35-29) 3/16
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:52:26 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
  at 
Charlotte Bobcats (14-50) at Boston Celtics (35-29)
Saturday, March 16, 2013
7:30 PM ET
Regular Season Game #65 Home Game #33
TV:  CSN-NE, SSO-CHA,  NBA-LP 753(CHA)/754(BOS)
Radio:  WEEI,  WFNZ
TD Garden 

Probable Starters
PG SG SF PF C
Avery Bradley.....Courtney Lee ..... Paul Pierce.....Brandon Bass.......Kevin Garnett
Celtics Reserves
Jeff Green
Jordan Crawford
Jason Terry
Chris Wilcox
DJ White
Terrence Williams
Shavlik Randolph

Injuries
Rajon Rondo (knee) out
Jared Sullinger (back)  out

Red Claws

Probable Starters
PG......SG.....SF.....PF ..... C
Kemba Walker ......Gerald Henderson....Michael Kidd-Gilchrist........Josh McRoberts .......Bismack Biyombo

Bobcats Bench

Brendan Haywood
Jeff Adrien
DeSagana Diop
Ben Gordon
Jeffrey Taylor
Tyrus Thomas
Reggie Williams
Byron Mullens

Injuries
Ramon Sessions (knee)  out

Game Notes

The Celtics host the Bobcats for the 4th and final game between these two teams.  The Bobcats have always seemed to give the Celtics problems and this season, in spite of having just 14 wins, they have beaten the Celtics twice.  The Celtics should have easily beaten them in their last meeting but gave no effort and were blown out instead.

Every game is important for playoff seeding.  After the Heat, the standings could change with each game.  The Celtics are currently in the 6th spot but they have the same record as Atlanta in 7th and Chicago in 5th and a win could move them into 5th while a loss could drop them back to 7th.  They are just 2.5 games behind Brooklyn in 4th.

The Celtics are 3.5 games behind New York for the 3rd seed and for the Atlantic Division lead.  New York has been struggling with Amare likely out for the season and both Tyson Chandler and Carmelo Anthony struggling with knee injuries.  They are also in the midst of a tough western road trip, so catching them isn't out of the question if the Celtics play well.   

The Celtics had a rare practice on Friday to try to catch some slippage in their defense and spacing.  The Bobcats are playing in back to back games while the Celtics have had 2 days off and should be ready to avenge the previous 2 losses to the Bobcats.   There should be no way the Celtics take the Bobcats for granted in this one. 

The Celtics are 7-3 in their last 10 games while the Bobcats are 1-9 in their last 10.  And that one win was against the Celtics.  The Celtics are 23-9 at home and have won 10 in a row at TD Garden   The Bobcats are just 6-26 on the road.  If the Celtics have any pride at all, this game will give KG some Gino time before it's over. 

Key Matchups
  vs 
Brandon Bass vs Josh McRoberts
Brandon Bass has been playing well and the Celtics need him to continue to crash the boards and be aggressive on offense.  They need more from him.  McRoberts had 13 points and 10 rebounds in their last meeting.  Bass needs to out-play him in this game. 

vs
Courtney Lee vs Gerald Henderson
Henderson is having a decent season for the Bobcats, averaging 13.3 points, 3.6 rebounds and 2.2 assists per game.  In the last meeting between these two teams, he erupted for 35 points and in their previous meeting, he posted 16 points, 4 rebounds and 4 assists.   He loves playing the Celtics.    Lee (and Bradley) need to keep him from having another big game.  The Celtics also need some offense from Lee. 

Honorable Mention

Avery Bradley vs Kemba Walker
 Walker is playing very well for the Bobcats, averaging 17 points , 3.4 rebounds and 5.6 assists per game.  Bradley should be able to match his speed and stay ahead of him to slow down both Kemba and the Bobcats' offense.   He may also need to help guard Henderson if he is scoring like he did in their last meeting. 

Keys to the Game
Vengeance -  The Bobcats have just 14 wins on the year.  Two of those wins came at the expense of the Celtics.  Just Tuesday night, the Bobcats embarrassed the Celtics with a 26 point blow out.  The Celtics have a way of not taking the bottom feeding teams seriously and tend to give less than 100% against them.  Since the Bobcats have beaten the Celtics two times in a row, the Celtics need to come into this game with revenge on their minds and get this win. 

Rebound -    Good things happen when the Celtics crash the boards.   When they show energy in rebounding, that energy spreads to other areas of the game.  They prevent second chance points and fast break baskets by grabbing the rebounds as well.  The Celtics need to swarm the basket as a team. 

Defense -   The Celtics need to make defense their priority.  The effort that the Celtics put out on the defensive end carries over to the offensive end as well.   The Celtics have been playing some very good defense led by their Pit Bull backcourt and they need to continue to do so.  The Celtics let up on defense and allowed way too many easy baskets for the Bobcats in their last meeting.  They have to do a better job in this one.   

Be Aggressive - When the Celtics are the more aggressive team they usually win.  They need to be aggressive going to the basket,  grabbing rebounds, and  hustling after loose balls and, especially, on defense.  This goes for the Celtics as a team and for each player individually.    The Celtics allowed the Bobcats to be the more aggressive team in their last meeting and they can't allow that in this game if they want to win.   

Run the Offense -  The Celtics offense looks incredible some nights and then should be on a milk carton the next night.  They have to move the ball and find the open man.  Each player has to move without the ball to get open.  They can't play hero ball.  If their jumpers stop falling they must go to the basket. 

X-Factor
Home Court and Focus
The Celtics lost both times they played the Bobcats in Charlotte, but they won their first meeting at the Garden.  The Celtics have also have a 10 game win streak going at the Garden.   They can't possibly take this team for granted after losing to them in their last two meetings.   They need to get a boost from the home crowd and come out focused on getting the win.   

Re: Bobcats (14-50) at Celtics 35-29) 3/16
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:58:41 PM »

Offline dwlefty13

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 3
C's are going to make this quick and painless tomorrow
Let's Go Celtics!!

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »

Offline 1dude

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
Painless? Lol,I think it's Gna be painful to watch as a bobcats fan. Like the jet said, we're suppose to destroy teams like the cats. I expect our championship run to start with this game.

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 09:05:08 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Trap game - I think we will lose this game.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 09:07:35 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Trap game - I think we will lose this game.
I wouldn't call it a trap game after the way we got worked by them in Charlotte the other night.

I expect it to be clinical. The Celtics should come out early and put it away to make a point.

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2013, 09:55:55 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
If we lose this I'm gonna..............

I dunno..........

Be really angry.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 10:03:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I'm seeing a huge lead in the first quarter, only to let them get back into it until we shut them out at the end of Q3...?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 10:51:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
if the Celtics lose this game......... :)

I'll  wear a stinking Lakers jersey in public.  ........ ::)

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2013, 11:38:27 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

Will need timestamped photos for proof.

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 01:07:48 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Going to be serious.

Tomorrow's game is a MUST WIN game.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 01:51:52 AM »

Online GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I usually don't make predictions but I really see the Celtics crushing them from the get.

C's are looking for revenge and the crowd should be into this one. I can see us up 15-20 at halftime, add to it in the third, and Gino time in the 4th as we all look forward to Monday.

If the C's let them hang around I will disappointed.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 05:57:32 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

dude your avatar is hilarious
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 08:16:29 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

dude your avatar is hilarious

Thanks. Dancing doc rivers :), Have a TP.

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 08:26:41 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

this is a must win now...............

my wife has located a .....bad word-bad word.  LA  jersey.       and promises to post pics..... :'(

KG.......don't fail me bro.......... dis serious stuff.........playing for my good name

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 08:28:50 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Just win every quarter and end with a 20+ lead.
I moved the cheese.