Author Topic: Relatively safe to say we would have beaten Miami last year with Bradley?  (Read 13682 times)

Offline soap07

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 145
In game 6, Wade was 6 of 17 and 5-5 at the line for 17 points, with 8 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 3 turnovers in a game Miami won by 19 points.  Bradley would have had absolutely no effect on that game at all. 

Game 2 would have been the only game where Bradley might have mattered, but the simple truth is once Bosh was back that series was over and if Bosh was there the whole series it would have been Miami in a walk with or without Bradley.

I'm not part of the "Bradley is our savior" crowd but I can't believe anyone who watched the team play last year would claim that swapping Bradley for an injured Ray would have had absolutely no effect on the game at all.

Of course it had an effect. Not nearly the effect that the Heat had in missing their All Star big man for a majority of the series.

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
In game 6, Wade was 6 of 17 and 5-5 at the line for 17 points, with 8 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 3 turnovers in a game Miami won by 19 points.  Bradley would have had absolutely no effect on that game at all. 

Game 2 would have been the only game where Bradley might have mattered, but the simple truth is once Bosh was back that series was over and if Bosh was there the whole series it would have been Miami in a walk with or without Bradley.

I'm not part of the "Bradley is our savior" crowd but I can't believe anyone who watched the team play last year would claim that swapping Bradley for an injured Ray would have had absolutely no effect on the game at all.

That's true. Sure Wade played well, but that was because the celtics had to double him throughout that series, which caused several defensive problems. If we had bradley, we wouldnt have to help so much

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
No question we win.  ::)

No Jeff either. Imagine them both. Alas ...

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
No, it isn't.

The Celtics would of had a better chance, but Miami would still be clear favorites.

What do you mean? Going into the series yeah would habe still been same underdogs but after seeing that we lost in a game 7 I think we could have had the edge.

You'd at least think he would have pushed us over the edge in the game where rondos face was swiped. Unless you think he would have hurt us more than helped

good point and hardly anyone looks at that because it sounds crazy but it almost happened. we could have beat the heat in 5 games! we got screwed in game 2. we outplayed miami in 4 straight from game 2 to 5

FACT
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

I said he wouldn't have made a difference in game 6 because Wade had a bad game and the Heat still won by 19.  I then specifically said he might have made the difference in game 2.  Bradley just wouldn't have had the same effect that Bosh would have had.  A healthy Bosh and Miami would have destroyed Boston last year.  Bosh was at something like 80% in game 6 and 7 and those were blow out wins for Miami. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
nope. 

Also it kinda goes both ways... they could have theoretically beat us easily had bosh been healthy the whole series.  As soon as Bosh came back, Miami took care of business.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Of course it had an effect. Not nearly the effect that the Heat had in missing their All Star big man for a majority of the series.

The Celts were about 17 ppp better with Bradley in than with Ray in. How much more of an impact than that that did Bosh have at the time? 40-50 ppp?

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I said he wouldn't have made a difference in game 6 because Wade had a bad game and the Heat still won by 19.  I then specifically said he might have made the difference in game 2.  Bradley just wouldn't have had the same effect that Bosh would have had.  A healthy Bosh and Miami would have destroyed Boston last year.  Bosh was at something like 80% in game 6 and 7 and those were blow out wins for Miami.

A healthy Bosh and Miami would have easily dispatched Boston but wouldn't have fared well against a healthy Boston. And Bradley's value as a player didn't begin and end with how productive a single player on the other team did. Better transition offense, better transition defense, full court pressure to force more turnovers, Miami starting their offense later in the shot clock, Rondo not having to spend so much time on Wade and late last year Bradley was actually a better scorer than an injured Wade. Bradley had an impact on pretty much every game, not just 1-2 out of 7.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
nope. 

Also it kinda goes both ways... they could have theoretically beat us easily had bosh been healthy the whole series.  As soon as Bosh came back, Miami took care of business.

And if a healthy Bradley came back instead of Bosh Miami would have been rooting for us in the finals.

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
nope. 

And if a healthy Bradley came back instead of Bosh Miami would have been rooting for us in the finals.

I agree with this, If we got a healthy bradley back and they never got bosh back...

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
nope. 

see my post above.

also, bosh was not even a big factor until game 7 late.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
No, it isn't.

The Celtics would of had a better chance, but Miami would still be clear favorites.

What do you mean? Going into the series yeah would habe still been same underdogs but after seeing that we lost in a game 7 I think we could have had the edge.

You'd at least think he would have pushed us over the edge in the game where rondos face was swiped. Unless you think he would have hurt us more than helped

good point and hardly anyone looks at that because it sounds crazy but it almost happened. we could have beat the heat in 5 games! we got screwed in game 2. we outplayed miami in 4 straight from game 2 to 5

FACT

I don't buy that for a second.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
We beat them twice in the second half of the regular season when both teams were healthy and both teams were playing to win.  I'm not going to say what would have happened, but this idea that they would have killed us had both teams been fully healthy, I'm not buying that. 

We didn't win a title.  We didn't even win the East, but we had a darned impressive season last year, finishing as one of the top four teams in the league, definitely in the category of what we would call a legitimate "contender."   

I don't get the urge by some to try to tarnish what the team did accomplish last year. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
We beat them twice in the second half of the regular season when both teams were healthy and both teams were playing to win.  I'm not going to say what would have happened, but this idea that they would have killed us had both teams been fully healthy, I'm not buying that. 

We didn't win a title.  We didn't even win the East, but we had a darned impressive season last year, finishing as one of the top four teams in the league, definitely in the category of what we would call a legitimate "contender."   

I don't get the urge by some to try to tarnish what the team did accomplish last year.

Well, that certainly is one way to look at it. I don't think they would have killed us either. I just think they would have still won.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

Well, that certainly is one way to look at it. I don't think they would have killed us either. I just think they would have still won.

We'll never really know.

Once thing I find ironic, though, is that it seems to be many of the same people who were saying that they were going to handle us easily regardless of whether or not they had Bosh who are now saying they would have handled us easily if they had had Bosh for the entire series. 

« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:26:10 AM by Celtics18 »
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson