Author Topic: Relatively safe to say we would have beaten Miami last year with Bradley?  (Read 13707 times)

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Not trying to get sympathy or take anything away from Miami (they were missing bosh for part of the series) but based on Bradlets impact last year and this year really makes you realize how big an injury that was last year. Maybe Doc wouldn't have trusted him as much as Ray down the stretch but still.

IMO not having Rondo is a huge loss if we face the Heat in the playoffs. The only thing I'm clinging to or a big thing I'm clinging to is that we have Bradley this year who can arguably impact the game just as much as Rondo can albeit in a different way.

We may not necessarily have a better chance but saying we don't have Rondo and failing to mention that we didn't have Bradley last year would seem to underestimate Bradleys impact IMO

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
easily

i dont see game 6 slipping away with an intense bradley on wade, screwing up lebrons game overall since wade passes to him a lot

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
No, it isn't.

The Celtics would of had a better chance, but Miami would still be clear favorites.

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
No, it isn't.

The Celtics would of had a better chance, but Miami would still be clear favorites.

What do you mean? Going into the series yeah would habe still been same underdogs but after seeing that we lost in a game 7 I think we could have had the edge.

You'd at least think he would have pushed us over the edge in the game where rondos face was swiped. Unless you think he would have hurt us more than helped

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
its relatively safe to say.... we'll never know.
Celtics fan for life.

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
He would've been a huge help, no doubt, but Miami could say the same thing about having a healthy Chris Bosh for games 1-4. 

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
No it's not.

I hear alot of Celtics fans bring this up and I just don't think it's true.

Avery Bradley is a good player but he would NOT have made a difference.

I think Miami missing Chris Bosh for games 1-4, and then getting him back at 100% for game 6 and 7 was a MUCH bigger difference maker than Bradley would've been.

Remember, Lebron singlehandledly torched us in game 6 for 45 pts. Bradley doesn't even come close to impacting that.

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Maybe, but saying "safe to say" is just not true.

Wade was pretty well contained I thought.  LeBron and Bosh when he came back killed us.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
If we had Bradley I think we would have won, but we will never know.

That being said if they had Bosh 100% for all 7 and we had Bradley 100% for all 7 I'd give them the edge.

It's pointless to look back because you can't say for certain.

If you want to talk about Bradley's impact, talk about how well he is playing this year defensively again and how is slowly finding the mid-range game he had in college. 

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Yes let's go back to the 2012 playoffs and make Avery Bradley healthy, but leave Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Elton Brand, Thaddeus Young all still injured!  ::)

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
Not trying to get sympathy or take anything away from Miami (they were missing bosh for part of the series) but based on Bradlets impact last year and this year really makes you realize how big an injury that was last year. Maybe Doc wouldn't have trusted him as much as Ray down the stretch but still.

IMO not having Rondo is a huge loss if we face the Heat in the playoffs. The only thing I'm clinging to or a big thing I'm clinging to is that we have Bradley this year who can arguably impact the game just as much as Rondo can albeit in a different way.

We may not necessarily have a better chance but saying we don't have Rondo and failing to mention that we didn't have Bradley last year would seem to underestimate Bradleys impact IMO

Nope. I don't see it. I love Bradley, but you are way overrating the kid's impact on that series.

However, if the Cs have both a healthy Green AND Bradley then.... uhm... yeah, still no.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Yes let's go back to the 2012 playoffs and make Avery Bradley healthy, but leave Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Elton Brand, Thaddeus Young all still injured!  ::)

You forgot Dwight Howard and Joakim Noah.  It is Celtics tradition that all losses in Celtics history were due to an injury but the injuries of all other teams are irrelevant.

Offline traderondo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I think he would have made a huge difference simply because we wouldn't have had to have been double teaming Wade.  I think people underestimate how huge this is.  The entire defense becomes vulnerable when you double team him. 

I think our chance this year comes down to two factors:

1) Bradley eliminating the need for a double team.
2) Improvement on defense of Lebron (Green instead of Pierce of Bass)

Of course, if we can;t put the ball in the hoop neither will matter.

Obviously I give the Heat the edge but I think an upset is possible.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

You forgot Dwight Howard and Joakim Noah.  It is Celtics tradition that all losses in Celtics history were due to an injury but the injuries of all other teams are irrelevant.

The injuries of other teams are most certainly not irrelevant.  As a matter of fact, many posters on here will claim that our reaching game seven of the Eastern Conference Finals didn't actually count because of injuries to other teams' players.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Maybe but I'm not so sure because he wouldn't have been the one guarding Lebron.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk