Author Topic: Relatively safe to say we would have beaten Miami last year with Bradley?  (Read 13685 times)

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
If the Heat had Bosh all 7 games and we had Bradley - maybe.
If the Heat had Bosh all 7 games and we had Bradley, Green, Wilcox - no doubt we would have won it
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
If we had KG in 2009, Banner 18.
If we bad Perk in game 6/7 in 2010, we win Banner 19.
If we had healthy O'Neals and Rondo in 2011, raise Banner 20.
And yes, if we had a healthy Bradley and Green last year, the 5-peat brings us another parade and banner 21.

I'm only half joking.

*slides green glasses back up nose*
I think in 2009 if we at least had Powe we could have won it.   

If we had Green and Bradley last year, playing like they're playing right now, we could very well have beaten Miami.  (for that matter, if we get the call on Wade fouling Rondo, we win game 2 and take the series in 5)

no need to be shy about those green glasses.  wear them proudly.  I do  8)

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Of course it isn't safe. It would probably improve our chances. That is all we can safely say.

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
If the Heat had Bosh all 7 games and we had Bradley, Green, Wilcox - no doubt we would have won it

i completely disagree
if they had bosh, we get served every single night. Bosh was the only one who was consistent. Wade was nowhere to be found. LeBron was LeBron but he wasn't the LeBron we know now.

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Last year was last year and it does me little good on wouda coulda shouldas. All I know is we missed an opportunity to win game two and follow that up with games three four and five. Miami hung in long enough for Lebron to kick our tails in game six and the 4th quarter of game seven. Does Bradley make a difference that series? Maybe but I doubt it. I am more interested in the opportunities Jeff Green, Courtney Lee, and Avery Bradley will have to truly shine and lay the groundwork for future success once Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett retire. Who knows, maybe we will get lucky and Lebron becomes our 21st Century Leprecahn because he respects us so much.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
It's amazing how many teams "no doubt" would have won the title each year "if only..."

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Lol, disagree. AB, Wilcox and Green are nice players, but I think you are giving them too much credit.

The only one who might be able to slow down Lebron is Jeff Green.

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
It's amazing how many teams "no doubt" would have won the title each year "if only..."

Lol, I know. And if I only had another trillion dollars in my wallet, a bad hairdue and a fancy suit, I'd be Donald Trump.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Lol, disagree. AB, Wilcox and Green are nice players, but I think you are giving them too much credit.

The only one who might be able to slow down Lebron is Jeff Green.

Wait, so you mean AB and Wilcox can't slow down Lebron?  :o
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
He would've been a huge help, no doubt, but Miami could say the same thing about having a healthy Chris Bosh for games 1-4.

I agree with this.  He may have had an impact.  But bosh coming back and draining jump shots changed the way we had to defend Miami.  LJ taking over game 6 was key as well.  Bradley is great, but he doesn't guard the guys that had the biggest impact for the heat in that series LJ and Bosh.
I look back at that series and it really seems like Bosh was the one that was the wildcard that opened things up for them on O when he came back. (and I hate to admit that, because I am not a big bosh fan)

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I feel like this title was made just to incite war. ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
He would've been a huge help, no doubt, but Miami could say the same thing about having a healthy Chris Bosh for games 1-4.

I agree with this.  He may have had an impact.  But bosh coming back and draining jump shots changed the way we had to defend Miami.  LJ taking over game 6 was key as well.  Bradley is great, but he doesn't guard the guys that had the biggest impact for the heat in that series LJ and Bosh.
I look back at that series and it really seems like Bosh was the one that was the wildcard that opened things up for them on O when he came back. (and I hate to admit that, because I am not a big bosh fan)

Yeah KG was able to roam off his man and double Wade/James, so when Bosh came back it really opened up the defense for those two guys to drive more. And when the Celtics tried to sag off of him in game 7, Bosh destroyed them (those three pointers were ridiculous). Also through the first four games the rebounding was virtually even between the two teams (Miami was +2 on the boards 161-159), but in games 5-7 the Heat outrebounded the C's by about 25. I really believe he was the difference maker in that series, especially in game 7.

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
There's not a doubt in my mind. Throw Jeff Green instead of Pietrus and it's a lock.

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
In game 6, Wade was 6 of 17 and 5-5 at the line for 17 points, with 8 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 3 turnovers in a game Miami won by 19 points.  Bradley would have had absolutely no effect on that game at all. 

Game 2 would have been the only game where Bradley might have mattered, but the simple truth is once Bosh was back that series was over and if Bosh was there the whole series it would have been Miami in a walk with or without Bradley.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
In game 6, Wade was 6 of 17 and 5-5 at the line for 17 points, with 8 boards, 4 assists, 3 steals, and 3 turnovers in a game Miami won by 19 points.  Bradley would have had absolutely no effect on that game at all. 

Game 2 would have been the only game where Bradley might have mattered, but the simple truth is once Bosh was back that series was over and if Bosh was there the whole series it would have been Miami in a walk with or without Bradley.

I'm not part of the "Bradley is our savior" crowd but I can't believe anyone who watched the team play last year would claim that swapping Bradley for an injured Ray would have had absolutely no effect on the game at all.