Author Topic: Relatively safe to say we would have beaten Miami last year with Bradley?  (Read 13703 times)

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Yes let's go back to the 2012 playoffs and make Avery Bradley healthy, but leave Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Elton Brand, Thaddeus Young all still injured!  ::)

You forgot Dwight Howard and Joakim Noah.  It is Celtics tradition that all losses in Celtics history were due to an injury but the injuries of all other teams are irrelevant.

The injuries of other teams are most certainly not irrelevant.  As a matter of fact, many posters on here will claim that our reaching game seven of the Eastern Conference Finals didn't actually count because of injuries to other teams' players.

I'd say there are just as many, if not more, who claim that we would've won an infinite amount of titles if not because of one injury or another while ignoring any other injuries opposing teams went through. 

Many posters on the forum seem to think we would've won 5 straight titles if not for injuries.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 04:26:03 PM by celtsfan84 »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Love people cryinf about this. It was just a simple comment.

Don't see how I am "WAY OVERRATING BRADLEY" When we lost in 7 games one of those losses an OT loss where we got crapped on with that Rondo foul.

Yeah everyone was injured jeff green wilcox pierce and ray were hobbled same with Miami. Just pointing out that 2 years in a row Bradley has completely turned around this team defensively or at least has spearheaded that movement.

Looking back at that 7 games series and seeing a larger sample size of Bradley I think its clear that we were missing him a lot more than we realized at the time.

I apologize for my ridiculous over the top statemenin advance

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Independent of all these hypotheticals, my sense is that Bradley's presence is less valuable vs. the Heat than vs. other teams.

First, Miami does not rely on the PG spot for offense.

Second, while Bradley can cover Wade, it is more of a stretch for him than it is to cover a PG.

Third, Miami has many non-PG outlet guys (Wade, Lebron, etc.) so having Bradley pressure the PG isn't as impactful.

And fourth, given that Bradley's value is in making other teams take too much time getting into the offense, Miami has two of the best shot-clock bailout options in the league in James and Wade. Heck, the way Lebron is playing right now he can get what is a good shot for him from anywhere on the court in about 3 seconds, in isolation.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Go reenact the series in a parallel universe, with Bradley. Then, we can talk.

You can't make a "relatively safe" statement either way.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Yes let's go back to the 2012 playoffs and make Avery Bradley healthy, but leave Chris Bosh, Derrick Rose, Al Horford, Josh Smith, Elton Brand, Thaddeus Young all still injured!  ::)

You forgot Dwight Howard and Joakim Noah.  It is Celtics tradition that all losses in Celtics history were due to an injury but the injuries of all other teams are irrelevant.

The injuries of other teams are most certainly not irrelevant.  As a matter of fact, many posters on here will claim that our reaching game seven of the Eastern Conference Finals didn't actually count because of injuries to other teams' players.

I'd say there are just as many, if not more, who claim that we would've won an infinite amount of titles if not because of one injury or another while ignoring any other injuries opposing teams went through. 

Many posters on the forum seem to think we would've won 5 straight titles if not for injuries.

I think you are just overreacting.

I'm just talking about this series. So you don't need to make up imaginary posters who talked about other series in history.

Its a little different than the bulls or magic not having their franchise players from the start and losing in round 1.

Just saying I think we would have won have we had bradley in that ecf match up, in which he played all the way up until. Also not saying we would have won the title anyway

If we lose in game 7 in a bunch of tight games this year yeah ill prob say rondo would have made a difference.

Im not asking for sympathy or not saying we are unlucky. Just at least in bradleys case i sometimes forget that he didnt play in that series. Seeing him be impactful this year makes me realize we were missing a bigger piece than i realized.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I'm not going to count the posts and do a statistical analysis on posts making injury excuses for the Celtics vs. posts making injury excuses for the opposition, but I will promise not to make injury excuses for our team if every one else will promise not to make excuses for the other guys. 

Personally, I feel that reaching game seven of the ECF against the league's prohibitive title favorites last year was a great result.  I don't see any need to make excuses for that.  (I expect this statement to be followed shortly by some "but if Miami had a healthy Bosh" or "if Chicago had a healthy Rose" posts).
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

I'm just talking about this series. So you don't need to make up imaginary posters who talked about other series in history.

Its a little different than the bulls or magic not having their franchise players from the start and losing in round 1.

Just saying I think we would have won have we had bradley in that ecf match up, in which he played all the way up until. Also not saying we would have won the title anyway

If we lose in game 7 in a bunch of tight games this year yeah ill prob say rondo would have made a difference.

Im not asking for sympathy or not saying we are unlucky. Just at least in bradleys case i sometimes forget that he didnt play in that series. Seeing him be impactful this year makes me realize we were missing a bigger piece than i realized.

TP.

I would say I agree with you, but I just promised to not make any injury excuses . . . so I won't. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

I'm not going to count the posts and do a statistical analysis on posts making injury excuses for the Celtics vs. posts making injury excuses for the opposition, but I will promise not to make injury excuses for our team if every one else will promise not to make excuses for the other guys. 

Personally, I feel that reaching game seven of the ECF against the league's prohibitive title favorites last year was a great result.  I don't see any need to make excuses for that.  (I expect this statement to be followed shortly by some "but if Miami had a healthy Bosh" or "if Chicago had a healthy Rose" posts).

Does this include all of the 2009 posts about KG's injury?

All of the 2010 posts about Perkins ACL, Ray Allen's thigh, and Rondo's injury that Tim posts relentlessly, sometimes dozens of times per day, about?  I can point to hundreds of posts about Ray being injured by Metta and Rondo picking up an injury in the 2010 Magic series within the last week but none about Kobe and Bynum having knee surgery after the Finals or LeBron's elbow injury in 2010.  Celtic injuries in the 2010 playoffs are posted about nearly as often as Celtics news in 2013.

All of the 2011 posts about Rondo's injury?

All of the 2012 posts about Bradley's injury?

Even all of the posts going back to the 80's about McHale's foot and Bird's back?

Excuses for the Celtics seem to outnumber excuses for the opposition about 1,000-1.

I'd be thrilled to see those disappear and they are not "imaginary" as CelticG1 might claim.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

All of the 2010 posts about Perkins ACL, Ray Allen's thigh, and Rondo's injury that Tim posts relentlessly, sometimes dozens of times per day, about?  I can point to hundreds of posts about Ray being injured by Metta and Rondo picking up an injury in the 2010 Magic series within the last week but none about Kobe and Bynum having knee surgery after the Finals or LeBron's elbow injury in 2010.

Even all of the posts going back to the 80's about McHale's foot and Bird's back?

Excuses for the Celtics seem to outnumber excuses for the opposition about 1,000-1.

I'd be thrilled to see those disappear and they are not "imaginary" as CelticG1 might claim.

Oh good.  I don't have to do that statistical analysis.  Thanks.  You've already done it.  1000 to 1, you say?  Those numbers are a little higher than I suspected.  Oh well.

I don't remember any internet postings from the '80s, though. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

All of the 2010 posts about Perkins ACL, Ray Allen's thigh, and Rondo's injury that Tim posts relentlessly, sometimes dozens of times per day, about?  I can point to hundreds of posts about Ray being injured by Metta and Rondo picking up an injury in the 2010 Magic series within the last week but none about Kobe and Bynum having knee surgery after the Finals or LeBron's elbow injury in 2010.

Oh good.  I don't have to do that statistical analysis.  Thanks.  You've already done it.  1000 to 1, you say?  Those numbers are a little higher than I suspected.  Oh well.

The excuses and posts were made recently about playoff games that occurred as far back as the 80s.  I thought you would've been clever enough to pick that up in context.  My apologies for overestimating your wit.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley

The excuses and posts were made recently about playoff games that occurred as far back as the 80s.  I thought you would've been clever enough to pick that up in context.  My apologies for overestimating your wit.

No worries.  Likewise.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
its relatively safe to say.... we'll never know.

This. I love Bradley as much as anyone but this is irrelevant and can't be proved but I certainly felt that way last season when it was relevant

Safe to say we're swept if bosh was healthy?

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
its relatively safe to say.... we'll never know.

This. I love Bradley as much as anyone but this is irrelevant and can't be proved but I certainly felt that way last season when it was relevant

Safe to say we're swept if bosh was healthy?

Careful, someone might scold you with a passive aggressive and unamusing barb!

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

TP.

I would say I agree with you, but I just promised to not make any injury excuses . . . so I won't.

So excuses in a passive aggressive but transparent manner don't count. Got it.

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
Deleted.

DKC Seventy-Sixers: