Author Topic: A message to Shavlick Randolph.  (Read 12614 times)

Re: A message to Shavlick Randolph.
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2013, 10:47:31 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
I agree. Danny you are an idiot. I can't believe you can't find a 15th man on the bench in the middle of the season to come in and dominate on both ends of the floor after barely being introduced to a very complex defense and trying to fit in on offense. I am sure there is an all star caliber big out there just waiting for your phone call.

???

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2013, 10:49:17 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
A message to the OP:

Please don't speak for all of us...

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2013, 10:51:08 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
A message to the OP:

Quickest way to draw the ire of many, that's for certain.

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2013, 11:07:19 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I agree. Danny you are an idiot. I can't believe you can't find a 15th man on the bench in the middle of the season to come in and dominate on both ends of the floor after barely being introduced to a very complex defense and trying to fit in on offense. I am sure there is an all star caliber big out there just waiting for your phone call.

???

Kenyon Martin has 6 points, a rebound and an assist with 4 minutes to go in the first in Portland. He is on his second 10-day and has proven to be an extremely useful body for the Knicks. That is a 15th man I would love to have.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2013, 11:12:05 PM »

Offline NoBlarney

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
Please be sure never to put on celtics green or play another minute for Boston again.

Sincerely, Everyone.

While I'm not the founder or co-founder (for that matter) of the Shavlik Randolph fanclub, cut the guy some slack. Before he got into the Bobcats game, he hadn't played in almost three weeks.  In the Cats game, he rebounded at a decent rate and tried to put his body on people, hit a nice jump hook, and made a 20-footer late in the game. He's shown that he's willing to mix it up and that he can score if need be as well.  Unless someone goes down, he's not going to be part of our playoff rotation anyway.  Until then, I personally am okay with what he brings to the table.

This.  He's the kind of player the C's most need depth on in case of injury, and I think it unlikely they'd find someone enough better at this point to add the distraction of trying to acclimate anew.

The guy's only had one regular practice yet as a Celtic.  I think we should adjust our expectations and give him a chance.  They'll have a better idea about him next week anyway.

I attended a basketball camp the summer of 1971.  Bill Russell showed up as he was a pal of the director. There was a Q and A session with Russell and all the players.  He was one of my heros, still is.  I made the stupid mistake of asking him why he had kept Henry Finkel on the C's.  I suggested that Finkel didn't contibute much and that the Celtics could have done better.  I was 14.  He looked very intently at me and said something I will never forget.  "Son it isn'nt what Henry Finkel could not do for the Celtics it is what he could do.  He was on the team to give me a rest and he did it well."

The point of course is everyone has a job, some have more than others.  But why not give the guy more than one game to prove his worth?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 11:21:44 PM by NoBlarney »

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2013, 11:17:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
A message to the OP:

Totally agreed. My sentiments exactly.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2013, 11:20:22 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Please be sure never to put on celtics green or play another minute for Boston again.

Sincerely, Everyone.

While I'm not the founder or co-founder (for that matter) of the Shavlik Randolph fanclub, cut the guy some slack. Before he got into the Bobcats game, he hadn't played in almost three weeks.  In the Cats game, he rebounded at a decent rate and tried to put his body on people, hit a nice jump hook, and made a 20-footer late in the game. He's shown that he's willing to mix it up and that he can score if need be as well.  Unless someone goes down, he's not going to be part of our playoff rotation anyway.  Until then, I personally am okay with what he brings to the table.

This.  He's the kind of player the C's most need depth on in case of injury, and I think it unlikely they'd find someone enough better at this point to add the distraction of trying to acclimate anew.

The guy's only had one regular practice yet as a Celtic.  I think we should adjust our expectations and give him a chance.  They'll have a better idea about him next week anyway.

I attended a basketball camp the summer of 1971.  Bill Russell showed up as he was a pal of the director. There was a Q and A session with Russell and all the players.  He was one of my heros, still is.  I made the stupid mistake of asking him why he had kept Henry Finkel on the C's.  I suggested that Finkel didn't contibute much and that the Celtics could do better.  I was 14.  He looked very intently at me and said something I will never forget.  "Son it isn'nt what Henry Finkel cannot do for the Celtics it is what he can do.  He's on the team to give me a rest and he does it well."

The point of course is everyone has a job, some have more than others.  But why not give the guy more than one game to prove his worth?
What an  amazing story! Give everyone a chance. There's a reason we picked up Shavlik...he totally dominated China.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2013, 11:26:37 PM »

Offline NoBlarney

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
I had to edit my post.  The above happened 2 years after Russel had retired.  My question to him was in the context of why he as the coach had kept Finkel on.  My original post actully made it sound as if he was still involved with the C's in 1971. Sorry

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2013, 11:31:02 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862
I had to edit my post.  The above happened 2 years after Russel had retired.  My question to him was in the context of why he as the coach had kept Finkel on.  My original post actully made it sound as if he was still involved with the C's in 1971. Sorry

No problem.  Cool story anyway.

NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2013, 12:44:12 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Sincerely, Everyone.
I'm baffled at how you think this deserves it's own thread.

Sincerely, The Rest of Us
TP

Unless the OP's real name is Everyone.

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 01:00:26 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Everyone can certainly agree he's from Duke...

and not their 1 player/decade that will succeed in the NBA
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 02:36:34 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

Sincerely, Me.

There, fixed. Now everyone shoosh about it.

« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2013, 09:56:55 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
6pts and 8rebs.....not too shabby!

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2013, 09:59:39 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
6pts and 8rebs.....not too shabby!

If it wasn't against the worst front court the NBA has ever seen I'd be whole-heartedly agreeing with you.

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2013, 10:00:43 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

Sincerely, Me.

amazing what a practice vs a shootaround can do!