Author Topic: A message to Shavlick Randolph.  (Read 12635 times)

A message to Shavlick Randolph.
« on: March 14, 2013, 03:17:23 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Please be sure never to put on celtics green or play another minute for Boston again.

Sincerely, Me.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:35:46 AM by jdz101 »

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

Re: A message to Shavlick Randolph.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 05:37:27 AM »

Offline lantinm

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 38
Please be sure never to put on celtics green or play another minute for Boston again.

Sincerely, Everyone.

While I'm not the founder or co-founder (for that matter) of the Shavlik Randolph fanclub, cut the guy some slack. Before he got into the Bobcats game, he hadn't played in almost three weeks.  In the Cats game, he rebounded at a decent rate and tried to put his body on people, hit a nice jump hook, and made a 20-footer late in the game. He's shown that he's willing to mix it up and that he can score if need be as well.  Unless someone goes down, he's not going to be part of our playoff rotation anyway.  Until then, I personally am okay with what he brings to the table.

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 07:24:58 AM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
for limited time with team and minutes i'm fine with him
out of  our last 4 signings I wouldn't expect anything from those guys except crawford

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 07:32:17 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Emergency depth can never hurt. Plus, he can be traded like Sean Williams eventually.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 07:42:08 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
cut him some slack.. he got 1 reb out of 2.5 mins in the Raptors game... not bad compare to Bass' 7rebs out of 20+ mins...:P
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 08:44:16 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
cut him some slack.. he got 1 reb out of 2.5 mins in the Raptors game... not bad compare to Bass' 7rebs out of 20+ mins...:P

I think that's actually a fairly good number.

At least it's awesome for him. I'd take 7 (it's actually 6 tonight) boards in 30 or less minutes from Bass all day. He used to go 2, 3 or 4 in those minutes.

Very pleasantly surprised for Bass's production in the past 3 games. Keep it up Bass!  :-X

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 09:17:25 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

Sincerely, Everyone.

While I'm not the founder or co-founder (for that matter) of the Shavlik Randolph fanclub, cut the guy some slack. Before he got into the Bobcats game, he hadn't played in almost three weeks.  In the Cats game, he rebounded at a decent rate and tried to put his body on people, hit a nice jump hook, and made a 20-footer late in the game. He's shown that he's willing to mix it up and that he can score if need be as well.  Unless someone goes down, he's not going to be part of our playoff rotation anyway.  Until then, I personally am okay with what he brings to the table.

This.  He's the kind of player the C's most need depth on in case of injury, and I think it unlikely they'd find someone enough better at this point to add the distraction of trying to acclimate anew.

The guy's only had one regular practice yet as a Celtic.  I think we should adjust our expectations and give him a chance.  They'll have a better idea about him next week anyway.

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2013, 10:54:54 AM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
Looks taller than expected but seems lost with the pace of the NBA game.  On the other hand he tries to make plays, plus he averaged 32 pts, 14.6 rebounds in China this year?  Better than Fab, because he has half a brain and better than Sean Williams who is bad because he just doesn't try!
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2013, 12:11:53 PM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Please don't bring him back DA

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2013, 12:15:53 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Sincerely, Everyone.
I'm baffled at how you think this deserves it's own thread.

Sincerely, The Rest of Us
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2013, 12:40:00 PM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188

Sincerely, Everyone.

lol. 2nd 10 day contract for randolph so more nightmares for threadstarter. i'm fine with him more fouls to give and at least his trying.

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2013, 05:10:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553

Sincerely, Everyone.

thank you!
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2013, 09:50:09 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

Sincerely, Everyone.

Don't reply to the thread if you're so baffled troll.

I'm baffled that we cant find someone to sign on a 10-day that is better than this heap of garbage.

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2013, 10:20:52 PM »

Offline mmmmm

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 862

Sincerely, Everyone.

I'm baffled that we cant find someone to sign on a 10-day that is better than this heap of garbage.

Wait?  So this whole thread wasn't a troll?

I'm even more baffled!
NBA Officiating - Corrupt?  Incompetent?  Which is worse?  Does it matter?  It sucks.

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2013, 10:37:53 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen

Sincerely, Everyone.

Wait?  So this whole thread wasn't a troll?

I'm even more baffled!

No it wasnt. I just find it pretty funny that the celtics gave this guy 30-60k for 10 days of basketball ineptitude. A wage that the average person makes in a year.

Celticsblog threads have been made about lesser topics. With that said I do understand that every single thread on here must have provocateurs that poke holes in every argument, big or small.  :-\