Author Topic: Celtics (34-28) at Bobcats (13-50) 3/12  (Read 42092 times)

Re: Celtics (34-28) at Bobcats (13-50) 3/12
« Reply #225 on: March 12, 2013, 09:42:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Two things jump out from tonight's box score:

!) KG, 2 for 10 with 2 rebounds

2) Gerald Henderson scored 35 points against our vaunted defensive backcourt

« Reply #226 on: March 12, 2013, 09:45:18 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
One word - Disgusting

« Reply #227 on: March 12, 2013, 09:48:39 PM »

Offline dasani

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 32
This loss was embarrassing no matter what. Can't even avenge the Bobcats? Poor showing. Only 74 points against a bottom defensive team like the Bobcats? really?

« Reply #228 on: March 12, 2013, 09:50:26 PM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69
Two things jump out from tonight's box score:

!) KG, 2 for 10 with 2 rebounds

2) Gerald Henderson scored 35 points against our vaunted defensive backcourt

While he certainly isn't the problem, two of the last three games, Avery's defense has been rather pedestrian. Jeff Teague thoroughly outplayed AB on Friday, and his defense tonight left much to be desired.

« Reply #229 on: March 12, 2013, 09:53:18 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Probably the most pathetic game I can remember in recent C's memory...

Just shameful. And for the record, contenders don't lose to the worst team in the NBA by almost 30 pts... every team has bad losses now and then, but this was the loss of an average at best team.

« Reply #230 on: March 12, 2013, 10:43:34 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Sorry I missed this one  ::)
Yup

« Reply #231 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:55 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Sorry I missed this one  ::)
It's all your fault. We hate you. (kidding, kidding... you didn't miss much ;))
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #232 on: March 12, 2013, 10:54:44 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Went to the game with my son and got to personally witness the WORST loss by the Celtics since I have been watching since the 1980's. 

The lack of Bobcats' fans etiquette was amazing.  They consistently clapped on open misses by the Celtics.  Poor taste.

We BETTER beat the Raptors in Beantown tomorrow!!!!

This was our 9th road game in the last 11 games.

Smitty77

« Reply #233 on: March 12, 2013, 11:12:46 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
You can't place this performance on one player -- or lack thereof -- but I feel like trolling each and every "Bench Pierce for Green" thread right now.

The Captain is still far and away our best offensive player.

And all the "we're better without Rondo," and "why doesn't Doc play the new guys on 10 day contracts," and etc etc. Oh, wait, I read here we'd be down even more with Rondo. ::)

Yeah, I'm sure we win this game if only rondo was there. Cause you know, rondo always gets up for games like these.  ::)

My god. You have been beating this drum for how long? How many posters have disproved your point with actual statistics? The whole Rondo doesn't care about games not on national TV thing is such a load. Do you think The Celtics now run the offense quicker? Aren't plagued by late shot-clock FGA's? that has been a favorite talking point. Well, they shoot more late shot clock attempts per game now. But, hey, what is the truth to stand in the way of constant critique?

This is the b.s. that drives me away from this blog. The persistent, petulant pontificating of the stick to my guns, [dang] reality, narrow, nescient, ninnies.

But people here seemed to be really into Woj's reactionary, strawman, concern-trolling diatribe about DeAndre's dunk so this just might not be the place for me (funny how there was a real Venn diagram crossover in the trade Rondo/love Woj article core)

None, My only claims are the team moves the ball better without rondo and they look more comfortable overall. *None of this can be proved by looking at a stat sheet but only by watching the actual games*.

Fine. Your "eye test" is different from my "eye test." Which, basically, means nothing. Eye tests mean zero. Stats alone can be contorted. But together there can be something substantial. I think we fundamentally disagree about basketball, which is cool, but all these black and white absolutes that get thrown around are b.s. And the claims you make above, without the quantifying them, which can now actually be done to a degree, mean nothing.

People can watch a game and have wildy divergent takes, be they subjective interpretations or what they were looking at, or what they know about. This is why "eye tests" are pretty empty when just thrown out as that.

« Reply #234 on: March 12, 2013, 11:21:45 PM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
Went to the game with my son and got to personally witness the WORST loss by the Celtics since I have been watching since the 1980's. 

The lack of Bobcats' fans etiquette was amazing.  They consistently clapped on open misses by the Celtics.  Poor taste.

Smitty77

[dang], those rude Charlotte fans.  You mean they clapped when the Celtics missed?  Now I understand why the Celtics struggled so much.  That kind of abrasiveness on the road would've knocked any team off-kilter.

« Reply #235 on: March 12, 2013, 11:22:46 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Worst loss I have seen by the C's in a long time.  Worst of the season to me.  Yuck.  We just didn't show up.

« Reply #236 on: March 13, 2013, 01:42:36 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Annnnd... That's why I've continued to say Paul pierce is the 2nd most important player on this team behind KG... Not Rondo.  Our offense is trash without our offensive star.  Nuff said

« Reply #237 on: March 13, 2013, 09:35:02 AM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

Smitty77

What? What should they do? All say "better luck next time, good effort?"  I live in Charlotte and I couldn't go to this game because of the flu. But if it was like most Celtics games then place probably had more green then orange and blue there.

If I was at a Celtics vs the Heat I'd clap when the heat missed too.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #238 on: March 13, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
You can't place this performance on one player -- or lack thereof -- but I feel like trolling each and every "Bench Pierce for Green" thread right now.

The Captain is still far and away our best offensive player.

And all the "we're better without Rondo," and "why doesn't Doc play the new guys on 10 day contracts," and etc etc. Oh, wait, I read here we'd be down even more with Rondo. ::)

Yeah, I'm sure we win this game if only rondo was there. Cause you know, rondo always gets up for games like these.  ::)

My god. You have been beating this drum for how long? How many posters have disproved your point with actual statistics? The whole Rondo doesn't care about games not on national TV thing is such a load. Do you think The Celtics now run the offense quicker? Aren't plagued by late shot-clock FGA's? that has been a favorite talking point. Well, they shoot more late shot clock attempts per game now. But, hey, what is the truth to stand in the way of constant critique?

This is the b.s. that drives me away from this blog. The persistent, petulant pontificating of the stick to my guns, [dang] reality, narrow, nescient, ninnies.

But people here seemed to be really into Woj's reactionary, strawman, concern-trolling diatribe about DeAndre's dunk so this just might not be the place for me (funny how there was a real Venn diagram crossover in the trade Rondo/love Woj article core)

None, My only claims are the team moves the ball better without rondo and they look more comfortable overall. *None of this can be proved by looking at a stat sheet but only by watching the actual games*.

Fine. Your "eye test" is different from my "eye test." Which, basically, means nothing. Eye tests mean zero. Stats alone can be contorted. But together there can be something substantial. I think we fundamentally disagree about basketball, which is cool, but all these black and white absolutes that get thrown around are b.s. And the claims you make above, without the quantifying them, which can now actually be done to a degree, mean nothing.

People can watch a game and have wildy divergent takes, be they subjective interpretations or what they were looking at, or what they know about. This is why "eye tests" are pretty empty when just thrown out as that.

That's a load of BS. We can agree to disagree. Even if you choose to look at stats, none of the stats indicate the celtics are missing rondo. A thread has already been made on this.