Author Topic: Is Rondo going down or Bradley coming back the key to our success?  (Read 358 times)

Offline nyceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
I posted this under another forum, but I am wondering if it should have its own topic (since it was not addressed since being posted): :)

One question that I have is what is the Celtics' record with and without Avery Bradley in the lineup?  As other posters have mentioned, the ESPN article (about the Celtics being better without Rondo) talks about being able to defend without KG on the floor.  How much of that is attributable to Bradley?  In watching a limited number of games, Bradley's pressure defense has picked up the entire team and disrupts the opposition to the point that they do not have time to work the ball inside whether KG is on the court or not.

I am of the mindset that Bradley is an elite defensive talent and his presence is more of a cause for the team's turnaround than Rondo's absence.  What we may be witnessing is not that Rondo is a detriment, but that he is only the second-most important guard on this team.

To take this a step further, let's say the Lakers and Celtics made the Rondo for Howard swap.  The Celtics would be able to move into the future with a starting 5 of Bradley, Lee, Howard, Green and Sully (or some other PF) after the retirement of Pierce and KG.  That lineup, while not impressive offensively, would keep the Celts in every game because of their defensive ability.  Depending on how they fill out the bench, I am curious how many games a team like that can win...

Re: Is Rondo going down or Bradley coming back the key to our success?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 06:02:52 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Even Doc said that they started turning things around when Bradley came back. It's just too bad that Rondo got injured when they started clicking.
I moved the cheese.