Author Topic: WEEI Article about Jeff Green  (Read 2843 times)

Re: WEEI Article about Jeff Green
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 02:12:51 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
If his mother was at every college game, wasn't she following the news of the Celtics?  Was she in some sealed bubble for those 10 days before he told her?

And I always feel bad for the sister when they say it was so hard because he was her only son--as if had he merely been another daughter, well, hey, that wouldn't be nearly so bad!

Maybe this all took place when us fans didn't know what was wrong with Jeff - just that he wasn't suiting up for practice.

10 days?  That's sure not how I remember it!  BTW, Green and his Mom sound like good people; she seems to have raised him well.

Really?  I remember it being about that long.  Day after day, fans wondering, "what's wrong with Jeff Green?"

Who knows, I may be wrong.  But even if Jeff's mom wasn't following Celtics news, I'm sure someone would have notified her if the casual or even hardcore fan knew about it.

And it was reported at around December 17, so taking that into account, his mother would've been in the dark for about 2 days, not 10 days as it's being led to believe here.

Or they (Jeff and the Boston Camp) knew about the situation beforehand, and were just getting 2nd opinions before announcing his actual condition. that could take weeks.

Re: WEEI Article about Jeff Green
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 02:16:09 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
I want to know if she goes to Celtics games.  I think "Jeff Green's mom" chants at the Garden would be cool.

We need a new Celtics mom.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I miss Flo Allen more than I miss Ray.

I miss Flo and her sparkly jerseys too!
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman