Author Topic: Rondo for Vucevic and Jameer Nelson  (Read 11451 times)

Re: Rondo for Vucevic and Jameer Nelson
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2013, 11:23:58 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
Everyone on here knows I am not opposed to trading Rondo and I do like Vucevic, but Vucevic alone is not enough for Rondo (I know Nelson is in the trade, but I just consider him a throw in).  If it was something like Vucevic and Afflalo, I'd think pretty hard about it (I'd still want more of course, but I'd certainly think long and hard about it).  Say it is just Vucevic and Afflalo, I think that gives Boston a better shot at winning next year and adds a potential great young center for the future (as well as a solid guard in the same general age range as Rondo)

Guards - Bradley, Afflalo, Lee, Terry
Wings - Pierce, Green
Bigs - Garnett, Vucevic, Sullinger, Bass

Pretty solid team for the next couple of years and when PP, KG, JT, and BB all come off the books, there is still a nice youngish core in Bradley, Afflalo, Lee, Green, Vucevic, and Sullinger.
not a fan of Vucevic and Afflalo for Rondo.   not enough for Rondo.

Maybe, Vucevic, Harkless and Nicholson in the offseason IF we're reloading.  salaries don't match but I want some talent coming back for Rondo that we can build with.  Orlando would not give up enough of their promising young talent to make this worth it
Then we don't ahve a trade.  Vucevic alone might be too much for Orlando to part with.  I mean a 22 year old center, averaging a double double who you have on a rookie contract for at least 2 more years.  Much rarer than a very good passing but weak scoring PG already in his prime.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Rondo for Vucevic and Jameer Nelson
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2013, 12:00:51 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Everyone on here knows I am not opposed to trading Rondo and I do like Vucevic, but Vucevic alone is not enough for Rondo (I know Nelson is in the trade, but I just consider him a throw in).  If it was something like Vucevic and Afflalo, I'd think pretty hard about it (I'd still want more of course, but I'd certainly think long and hard about it).  Say it is just Vucevic and Afflalo, I think that gives Boston a better shot at winning next year and adds a potential great young center for the future (as well as a solid guard in the same general age range as Rondo)

Guards - Bradley, Afflalo, Lee, Terry
Wings - Pierce, Green
Bigs - Garnett, Vucevic, Sullinger, Bass

Pretty solid team for the next couple of years and when PP, KG, JT, and BB all come off the books, there is still a nice youngish core in Bradley, Afflalo, Lee, Green, Vucevic, and Sullinger.
not a fan of Vucevic and Afflalo for Rondo.   not enough for Rondo.

Maybe, Vucevic, Harkless and Nicholson in the offseason IF we're reloading.  salaries don't match but I want some talent coming back for Rondo that we can build with.  Orlando would not give up enough of their promising young talent to make this worth it
Then we don't ahve a trade.  Vucevic alone might be too much for Orlando to part with.  I mean a 22 year old center, averaging a double double who you have on a rookie contract for at least 2 more years.  Much rarer than a very good passing but weak scoring PG already in his prime.

I agree.

I don't think Orlando would part with Vucevic in any trade that doesn't get them a C prospect with high upside. (Not Melo.)

Orlando still has a mammoth TE from the Dwight Howard trade, two 2014 1sts, and lots of other chips to move.

If I'm Danny Ainge, I trade Rondo only if I think KG and Pierce are both retiring. I ask for those 2014 picks, and another prospect, like Toby Harris or Mo Harkless. Maybe move some other salary off the books in exchange for a shorter-term contract from Orlando.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague