Author Topic: Would You Trade Brandon Bass For Anderson Varejao Next Season? (Problem Solve)  (Read 8776 times)

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Honestly, I think Varejao's trade vaule around the league has to have taken a pretty big hit.  The guy just cannot stay healthy.  I love the player, but if you can't play, what good are you?

Varejao easily still has more value than Bass (staright up), but at this point, there is now way I'd trade Jeff Green straight up.

Cleveland should have traded him when he was healthy.  Pretty much tied to him now, unless their willing to take pennies on the dollar.  Even if he manages to make it all the way to the trade deadline next season healthy, teams are still going to be wary of his history.

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
No way. Varejao is a poor man's Bass.

I would only do it in a 3-way trade, if we also got LeBron and Wade, maaaybe throw in Kevin Love, to make it fair for us. There.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I would only do it in a 3-way trade, if we also got LeBron and Wade, maaaybe throw in Kevin Love, to make it fair for us. There.

Bass will be better in the playoffs than Varejao at least.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25

I can see Ainge pitching that, "Listen Bass played much better in the playoffs than Varejao". Can't argue with that logic, WELCOME TO BOSTON VAREJAO!

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Holy smokes. Weird season.

First half:

Would have gladly traded Green for J-Smoove, Bass for Varejao

Now:

Definitely not trading Green for Smoove.
Varejao might be worth less than Bass after the injury and Bass's recent upswing (if I'm not mistaken AV's injury seems somewhat serious).

Hopefully our players keep improving amid a season of tough luck, fight hard in this year's playoffs and come back next season stronger than ever.

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5349
  • Thumper of the BASS!
Bass trade talk is just as off as trading Paul or Kevin

come on fam?

yall know Bass be Thumpin!!

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

disagree...varejao at its best come playoffs, box out hustle points, rebounds, will take you to finals, sorrounded bu good defensive players like kg and pierce 30+ points + bradley defense