Author Topic: Would Denver make this deal.  (Read 9679 times)

Re: Would Denver make this deal.
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 04:23:36 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Sadly, most here are unappreciative of what rondo has done for this team. High praises when he's in beast mode and are easy to forget Rondos dominance come playoff time. Wanna see the kid's value, trade him for a few cents on the dollar, and have Celts being torched by rondo next year. Can Lawson outplay rondo? Good luck Lawson.
Sadly, while Rondo is a great player, most here are unappreciative of the fact that he really isn't irreplaceable.

Here's an interesting blurb I found on the Internets:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/boston-celtics/players/rajon-rondo/comparison/12/2/28/100
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 07:03:42 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Sadly, most here are unappreciative of what rondo has done for this team. High praises when he's in beast mode and are easy to forget Rondos dominance come playoff time. Wanna see the kid's value, trade him for a few cents on the dollar, and have Celts being torched by rondo next year. Can Lawson outplay rondo? Good luck Lawson.
Sadly, while Rondo is a great player, most here are unappreciative of the fact that he really isn't irreplaceable.

Here's an interesting blurb I found on the Internets:

http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/boston-celtics/players/rajon-rondo/comparison/12/2/28/100
I think the major reason why people don't see Rondo as being replaceable (other than overvaluing our own guys) is because he has such a unique skill set.  Its really hard to imagine someone else taking his place since there are very few players like him around.

Rondo is a facilitator first and foremost. The point guard position in this league has transformed into a major source of scoring with the likes of Chris Paul, Derek Rose, Tony Parker, Steph Curry, Irving, Westbrook being the premier pgs in the league right now.

Deron Williams and Steve Nash are closer to the middle ground in that they both can score and are excellent passers, but neither entirely hang their hat on being able to put the ball into other people's hands to create scoring.

Ricky Rubio has probably the most similar game to Rondo, centered around amazing passes and cutting to the basket, but with a limited short-long range jump shot. And they have similar defensive games, that is when Rondo commits to playing D.

Thats why I think that even when you look at that matchup of stats between Lawson and Rondo and it doesn't seem like overall you'd be giving up all that much by swapping the two, its still hard to imagine Rondo being replaced by him.

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:05 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

OK then switching it up. Would anybody here swap Rondo for either Farried or Lawson, not much else in the deal for the Celts. Would you do that.

Yup. I would deal Rondo for Lawson, straight up.

I think Lawson is a better player. Denver would likely want to pair Rondo with Faried and McGee (think lob city.)

You could probably set something up where they deal us Lawson and Chandler for Rondo and a future 1st. Add in filler on either side to make it equal out.

I think that's simply absurd, Rondo is a freaking ALL-STAR. Jeez, he is so underrated by Boston fans.

Haha yes. The thought of someone actually trading Rondo for just Lawson is completely absurd and unthinkable.

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 08:56:41 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett

OK then switching it up. Would anybody here swap Rondo for either Farried or Lawson, not much else in the deal for the Celts. Would you do that.

I think Lawson is a better player. Denver would likely want to pair Rondo with Faried and McGee (think lob city.)

You could probably set something up where they deal us Lawson and Chandler for Rondo and a future 1st. Add in filler on either side to make it equal out.

I think that's simply absurd, Rondo is a freaking ALL-STAR. Jeez, he is so underrated by Boston fans.

Haha yes. The thought of someone actually trading Rondo for just Lawson is completely absurd and unthinkable.
If he plays like did this season, Lawson is an all-star in the East as well. It's just a lil harder when you're going against Parker, Westbrook, Paul and Kobe in the voting.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 09:54:22 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

When Possible Rondo plus first for Wilson Chandler, Kenneth Farried, and Lawson.

For the Celts tough to turn down IMO. Would the Nuggets want something else back Sully perhaps.

The answer to your question is no way would the Nuggets  do it.  They would laugh at such an offer...

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 11:29:06 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=an4e5rk

Rondo, Lee and picks
Lawson, Gallo, and Chandler

To me, that's fair. Rondo's a proven Allstar. Lawson is just improving immensely over past 2 seasons.

This trade just looks like a even trade that's made in the NBA every year.

Allstar, filler and picks for 3 studs

Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 11:53:59 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

If he plays like did this season, Lawson is an all-star in the East as well. It's just a lil harder when you're going against Parker, Westbrook, Paul and Kobe in the voting.

Lawson wasn't even top ten in voting in the West. If he was placed in the East he would have been lucky to have been in 7th or 8th... Just fan voting but still.

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 04:51:05 PM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=an4e5rk

Rondo, Lee and picks
Lawson, Gallo, and Chandler

To me, that's fair. Rondo's a proven Allstar. Lawson is just improving immensely over past 2 seasons.

This trade just looks like a even trade that's made in the NBA every year.

Allstar, filler and picks for 3 studs
I don't disagree that this is a fair enough swap of talent, but I don't think its what either team is looking for.

The Nuggets aren't going to want to give up Gallinari's offense and shooting ability when they are bringing in Rondo, who lacks the offense but is going to be great at finding their shooters. Gallinari isn't untouchable, I just don't think they'd want to move him.

The Celtics will want a Big back and the Nuggets are overflowing with them. Green Pierce and Gallinari would be a little bit of a log jam for the Celtics anyway at SF and could use picks back from Denver for their rebuilding efforts rather than giving them up along with their only young star.

« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2013, 11:23:21 AM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
Lol, no Denver wouldn't make this deal.

They already have Ty Lawson who is just as good if not better than Rondo.

So that's a lateral move right there

And then for Denver to trade Faried as well? Not happening.

Lawson is not even in the same area code as Rondo.

Rondo is a top 5 PG at worst.
Lawson is a top 10 PG at best.

Rondo is the best rebounding PG
Rondo is the best passing PG
Rondo has the best court vision of any PG
Rondo has won a ring
Rondo has 50 times more playoff experience
Rondo is a better ball handler

Lawson is a better shooter than Rondo
Lawson is healthier than Rondo.

Rondo beats Lawson in almost every way except shooting.

« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2013, 11:28:00 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
Lawson wasn't even top ten in voting in the West. If he was placed in the East he would have been lucky to have been in 7th or 8th... Just fan voting but still.
Of course he wasn't top 10, votes are relative, not absolute. You have the guard votes in the West going to Westbrook, Paul, and Kobe instead.

In the East, Jrue Holliday was an all-star, and Jrue Holliday is pretty much a carbon copy of Lawson.