Author Topic: What center would you rather have instead of KG ?  (Read 7014 times)

Re: What center would you rather have instead of KG ?
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2013, 07:23:38 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
No one, but if I could choose anyone to replace KG after he retires it would be Marc Gasol.

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Noah

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2013, 08:49:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Noah, Duncan, Howard, Chandler, and maybe Cousins.

TP for solid selections. I don't know that I would give up KG for anybody but Howard, but these are really the only 5 names, plus Marc Gasol, that anybody should be bringing up. If you choose anybody else [Meyers Leonard, Vucevic, Boozer, etc? Really?], you really don't appreciate what KG brings to the table.

Leonard and Vucevic can play in five years, KG will not. It's called looking to the future

Is your only criteria how many years a player has left in his career? KG and TD are about the oldest centers in the NBA right now - would you rather have any other center in the league just because they can play longer?

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 09:33:34 PM »

Offline The Fawb

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 3
Tyson Chandler : WP/48 of .321 right now with 12.7 WP. Any day of the week. 16.2 rebounds/48.

Joakim Noah: WP/48 of .219 and 9.8 WP. Amazing passer too for a C.

Those are the top Tier.

Next would be Marc Gasol, Al Horford, Dwight Howard, Javale McGee, Deandre Jordan, and Andre Drummond. Possibly Greg Monroe.

Those are the "stars" I'd rather have. 

The list no one will agree with:
Omer Asik, Tiago Splitter, Larry Sanders, Kosta Koufos, Greg Smith (love this kid), Marcin Gortat

There are 24 centers with better Wins Produced this year than KG. KG is an all time great, just not this year. This is one of his worst seasons by FAR. He is producing .082 WP/48 in alot of minutes, coming to only 3.0 Wins Produced. His 2000/2001 was his last "bad" season with a pretty good .143 WP/48, with 9.3 WP (with a massive 39.5 minutes/game)

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 09:55:16 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Howard
Jefferson
Mccge
Varejao
BOozer

Boozer = old, expensive, poor on defense

McGee = overpaid, low basketball IQ, little offense

Varejao = perpetually injured

Jefferson = overpaid, no defense

I'm surprised you'd prefer those guys over KG.

My point was if we do not have KG anymore, in case he will retire.

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2013, 09:56:03 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
Noah

Too slow, great rebounder, poor shoter

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2013, 09:57:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Tyson Chandler : WP/48 of .321 right now with 12.7 WP. Any day of the week. 16.2 rebounds/48.

Those are the top Tier.

Next would be Marc Gasol, Al Horford, Dwight Howard, Javale McGee, Deandre Jordan, and Andre Drummond. Possibly Greg Monroe.

Omer Asik, Tiago Splitter, Larry Sanders, Kosta Koufos, Greg Smith (love this kid), Marcin Gortat

There are 24 centers with better Wins Produced this year than KG. KG is an all time great, just not this year. This is one of his worst seasons by FAR. He is producing .082 WP/48 in alot of minutes, coming to only 3.0 Wins Produced. His 2000/2001 was his last "bad" season with a pretty good .143 WP/48, with 9.3 WP (with a massive 39.5 minutes/game)

Nice list :) Gasol is top tier though.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2013, 10:38:53 PM »

Offline The Fawb

• Oshae Brissett

Those are the top Tier.

Nice list :) Gasol is top tier though.
Thanks for the bump. My thing with Gasol is that his WP/48 has never been above .200, with a career avg. of "just" .147 WP/48. This is very good, and has had a couple great years, but never got to that elite level. Noah and Chandler average .230 and .233 WP/48 for their career, respectively.

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2013, 10:44:15 PM »

Offline Witch-King

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 143
  • "Just do what you do best" - Red Auerbach
Tyson Chandler or Brooke Lopez, please. KG would move back to PF of course.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 10:50:02 PM by Witch-King »
~W. King of Angmar/Dark Lord Sauron, "Sore-on", "Score-on", "Slore-on"/"W. King", "D. Lord" (Wins, Defense)/"W-itch King" (haha), All I do is win, and Cincy - TayoFromOhio 😄

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2013, 12:09:55 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Noah, Horford, and Drummond, granted we were able to keep them.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2013, 12:22:57 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Noah, Duncan, Howard, Chandler, and maybe Cousins.

TP for solid selections. I don't know that I would give up KG for anybody but Howard, but these are really the only 5 names, plus Marc Gasol, that anybody should be bringing up. If you choose anybody else [Meyers Leonard, Vucevic, Boozer, etc? Really?], you really don't appreciate what KG brings to the table.

Leonard and Vucevic can play in five years, KG will not. It's called looking to the future

Yeah, so let's give up on the next four.

Sorry for singling you out, this thread is full of uneducated answers.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2013, 12:58:48 AM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
no one. No body. KG has been the best in the league for awhile. I have spent too many posts more than a year ago complaining about him not being down low. No more. he is the best center in the league and ahead of everyone enough to not make it worthwhile to trade him

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2013, 01:20:10 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
For the next ten years? Plenty.

For this year, there's no defensive center  with as wide an offensive skill set aside from Duncan. And KG's my type of competitor, so I take him  over Duncan, too. But that's preference.

« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2013, 02:00:57 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Those are the top Tier.

Howard will return to form, so I would put him up with the other guys.

No Hibbert whatsoever?

I would take Howard, Chandler, M Gasol, Noah, and Horford. A lot of the other guys are not the type that would definitely make a big enough impact for me to jettison KG.

« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2013, 03:18:16 AM »

Offline The Fawb

• Oshae Brissett

Those are the top Tier.

Howard will return to form, so I would put him up with the other guys.

No Hibbert whatsoever?

I would take Howard, Chandler, M Gasol, Noah, and Horford. A lot of the other guys are not the type that would definitely make a big enough impact for me to jettison KG.
Hibbert is overrated. His career WP/48 of .061 (best year being last year of .161, this year being .084) makes him just not that good. He doesn't rebound that much better than average, turns the ball over too much and his TS% is atrocious for a center. 46% true shooting % this year (with decent FT shooting!). That's terrible. The average center shoots at about 54 TS%.