Author Topic: JJ Barea ejected for "flagrant 2 foul" on Ray Allen... (Ray flops big time)  (Read 17677 times)

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
ray allen flops to a 5 ft 9 guy pushing him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlrkK4vS7kE

Looks like d-wade's flopping antics are rubbing off on ray allen now.

apparently now if you breathe on a heat player, you get ejected. Stern really needs his heat to do good.

im personally a big fan of jj barea. He has connections to boston since he played for northeastern.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:27:06 AM by lightspeed5 »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha what? They gave that a flagrant 2? That's ridiculous.

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I fail to see the flop... definitely nothing more than a regular foul though.

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
yet d-wade can nearly kill rip, and its a flagrant 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLmwPaVbx0k&feature=player_embedded

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
So much wrong with that video I don't even know where to start. From the initial foul by Ray not called to the exaggerated fall to his fake reaction trying to go after JJ to an actual ejection. I am slowly losing every last ounce of respect I ever had for Ray. Shame cause I really loved the guy the last 5 years.
CELTICS 2024

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Funny ... J.J. flopped almost as much preceding.

Not sure what Ray got all testy about, cuz he should get a fine as well.

The whole flagrant foul thing has just gotten ridiculous, IMHO ... vets like Bird and Dr. J must just laugh and roll their eyes at this crapola.

I mean, come on ... this is absurd!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Looks like RA got away with a shove right at the start, and the JJ gave him a hard foul.  I don't think that should have even been a flag 1.  But it doesn't really look like a flop to me either.  Just bad officiating all around on that play.  The NBA should be embarrassed when videos like that surface.  How they can get two calls wrong in 5 seconds just amazes me.

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I fail to see the flop... definitely nothing more than a regular foul though.
Agreed. I don't agree with the flagrant 2, but Barea did knock Ray over with the body check. But the body check was nothing like the Odom body check on Ray.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
JJ's a flopper and chippy player himself, and was probably trying to flop at the beginning of the clip.

I can't see any way possible that that hit was a flagrant-2 though.  Flagrant-1 maybe, since Barea seemed to be clearly hitting him just to hit him, and followed through with the arm.  But ejectable?  No way.

The only thing I can think of is that if the game is out of hand sometimes the refs will deliberately make an ejection (and let the league reverse the call later) to avoid things getting really ugly.  As much as the league hates fighting it wouldn't surprise me if this was unofficial policy.

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Barea waiving his arms trying to sell contact at the start of the clip seemed more floppy to me.  I think there was legitimate contact that caused Ray Allen to fall down.  It looked like an attempt to cause hard contact with not even a pretense of going after the ball or some other basketball play.

I can accept calling it a flagrant if it should be a flagrant if a much bigger man does the same thing to a smaller man.  And I suspect not calling it a flagrant invites retaliation of that sort from someone with an enforcer mentality.  That's why the Heat reportedly signed Juwan Howard, right?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Lol, the NBA is so soft and such a joke now. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
JJ's a flopper and chippy player himself, and was probably trying to flop at the beginning of the clip.

I can't see any way possible that that hit was a flagrant-2 though.  Flagrant-1 maybe, since Barea seemed to be clearly hitting him just to hit him, and followed through with the arm.  But ejectable?  No way.

The only thing I can think of is that if the game is out of hand sometimes the refs will deliberately make an ejection (and let the league reverse the call later) to avoid things getting really ugly.  As much as the league hates fighting it wouldn't surprise me if this was unofficial policy.
Your last comment is a good one. Without knowing the flow of the game, it is hard to evaluate the call.

Then again, I don't think 'chippy game' when I think of Minny.

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Your last comment is a good one. Without knowing the flow of the game, it is hard to evaluate the call.

Then again, I don't think 'chippy game' when I think of Minny.

Looked it up and Minny was only down 6 with 8 minutes left when Barea was ejected.  So there's no good reason at all to call it that way as far as I'm concerned.

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Lol, the NBA is so soft and such a joke now. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
TP ... it's such a different game now, and pretty soon players' moms will be showing up to protect them in such situations, lol!

Oh, wait, too late! (LeBron's mom, etc.). ;)
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

This.

The heat are the biggest bunch of NBA pets. We all may aswell give up supporting an opposing team to the heat at this point.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?