Author Topic: JJ Barea ejected for "flagrant 2 foul" on Ray Allen... (Ray flops big time)  (Read 17729 times)

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
As others have noted above, that wasn't a flop.  It wasn't ejection-worthy, but it was unnecessary contact.

Some fans hate Ray Allen so much that they see things that aren't there, huh?
"Flopping" doesn't mean you don't get hit. It means you greatly exaggerate the impact of any contact that may or may not have occurred.

Yes, I know what flopping is.  We see it every game from Paul Pierce, who exaggerates for effect probably more than any player I've seen.  It's an unfortunate part of today's NBA, where guys "sell" calls.

Ray didn't flop.

*Pierce drops the ball when driving; doesn't get hit at all* "AHHH!!!"
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
As others have noted above, that wasn't a flop.  It wasn't ejection-worthy, but it was unnecessary contact.

Some fans hate Ray Allen so much that they see things that aren't there, huh?
"Flopping" doesn't mean you don't get hit. It means you greatly exaggerate the impact of any contact that may or may not have occurred.

Yes, I know what flopping is.  We see it every game from Paul Pierce, who exaggerates for effect probably more than any player I've seen.  It's an unfortunate part of today's NBA, where guys "sell" calls.

Ray didn't flop.
Just making it clear, because the others that you cite pretty much say "It wasn't a flop, he got hit".

In this particular case, he probably didn't embelish much, true. But the whole tough guy routine after the fact was hilarious.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Nevermind I re watched from diffderent angle no way that should be a flagrant 2. Nothing compared to dwade lowering his shoulder running through Pierce on a pick (which whatvgot pierce kicked out of a game and wade a personal?)

BAarea certainly has a point. He almost gets knocked out ffrom bynum for life and he doesnt jump up huffing and puffing. Ray said theres no place in the game for it? Theres no place for hard fouls? Youd think hed be a little more old school. Would seriosuly doubt guys like Pierce, kg, kobe would say that but I guess they are a different breed.

Ray following the steps of teammates now. Like lebron when he threw the ball at JO after a hard foul. Another ridiculous nba moment

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

From T-Wolves RealGM

YES!

JJ is my new hero ;D

Mine too.

Me too.

I'll add JJ to Jarret Jack who was one of the few NBA players who had the stones to call Judas out for his traitorous ways.

Once a Diva always a Diva.

Getting ready for his new career after bball I guess.

Judas was fouled (not even a 1, though never-mind a 2)but that righteous indignation cHeat crap (he's adapted quickly to that privileged call crap the cHeat get)when he "went after" JJ is just a bunch of BS histrionics so prevalent in South Beach.

Looked like JJ called him a POS, if I read lips properly right at the end. That's calling it like it is JJ!
LOL can read lips pretty well and he doesn't call him a POS it's actually far worse....
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
Lol, the NBA is so soft and such a joke now. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

If it wasn't for the Celtics, I probably couldn't deal with the NBA anymore. Stern's retirement can't come too soon, though Silver will probably be just like him.

So true, rock.

As The Who (who "won't get fooled again" like so many of Stern apologists) sing:

"Meet the new boss, ....."

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
aand i think J.J. Barea just passed joakim noah as my favorite non celtic.

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Wow...I am completely shocked by how many people see this as a flagrant 2 by Barea. He wasn't exactly a bettering ram out there. Certainly not enough to send #20 flying like that. Was it a foul? Sure. #20 drives. Barea trying to cut off penetration and beat him to the spot bumps him with the body. I see no conclusive evidence that says Barea extended his arms and pushed him. He bumped him with the body. It's a foul. Ray goes flying. Acts like he's hard. What a joke. Him and the whole call. Love Barea for his response. I agree with that poster who said he has lost all respect for #20. I used to love him. Love watching him play. It's just embarrassing now. Studio gangsters, man.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Love Barea for his response. I agree with that poster who said he has lost all respect for #20. I used to love him. Love watching him play. It's just embarrassing now. Studio gangsters, man.

You respect Barea, but not Ray?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcHt1hrYe_I

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Love Barea for his response. I agree with that poster who said he has lost all respect for #20. I used to love him. Love watching him play. It's just embarrassing now. Studio gangsters, man.

What exactly does your video have to do with the price of tea in China? I said I respect Barea for his response to #20 on that particular play. Calling him out. The other video circulating on this thread where he has choice words for the drama queen. I respect him doing THAT. Is Barea a flopper in his own right? Sure. Never said he wasn't. But if you notice on your video, nowhere did Barea charge the ballhandler and act like he was all tough. Some people need to just play their position and quit acting like they're something they're not.

BTW Kevin McHale and Kurt Rambis are rolling over in their graves at this.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Barea's lucky the play didn't happen in Mass, the law takes a fairly dim view of assaulting the elderly.

Online csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

Not speaking for bucknersrevenge, but for me, my enemy's enemy is my friend.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Not speaking for bucknersrevenge, but for me, my enemy's enemy is my friend.

I just find all the false outrage to be comical.

Fans are really up in arms about an alleged flop by Ray (which wasn't a flop at all, in my opinion) at the hands of J.J. Barea, one of the biggest floppers in the NBA? 

Let's just say that if Ray hadn't switched teams this past off-season, many of the thoughts expressed toward Barea in this thread would be the exact opposite.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Both guys are at fault here.

Barea needs to be more mature.  Just because you think you drew an offensive foul and didn't get the call doesn't merit you the right to give another player an unnecessary hit.  It certainly wasn't a Flagrant 2, but it was absolutely unnecessary.

Ray should've walked away.  There's no need to escalate the situation.  You got the foul call, and you successfully got a guy to lose his cool.  You won.  I think it would've been appropriate to give him a T for going after Barea, but nothing else.

Also, Barea's antics as he left the court were pretty classless, albeit awesome.

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
As was mentioned earlier, Ray CLEARLY got away with an uncalled stiff arm that ticked JJ off.  I have always love Barea and wanted him and still would LOVE him in green!!

I HATE traitors and Ray is and ALWAYS WILL BE a TRAITOR to me!

I cannot understand your defense of Ray, Roy!!

Smitty77

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I cannot understand your defense of Ray, Roy!!

I don't see imaginary flops just because the player who was legitimately fouled left my favorite team?