Author Topic: JJ Barea ejected for "flagrant 2 foul" on Ray Allen... (Ray flops big time)  (Read 17734 times)

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
The Heat are as FAKE tough as they come.

First place: Heat (personified by Wade)
Second place: Clippers (personified by Griffin and Paul)

They already get the benefit of almost every call made in a game(incl. their violent drives to the basket which should be called as offensive fouls!), and they can't be breathed on without a flagrant being considered, yet they flop like a bunch of soccer players and they whine after every perceived injustice.

If I were Wade or Allen or Bosh or Griffin or Paul, I would be embarrassed to flop around like a child on the court.  But, these guys aren't embarrassed, and that tells me a lot about their character and their "toughness."

Flopping is the most disgraceful act in sports next to outright cheating (whether of the steroid/HGH or throwing of a game variety).

In this ridiculous case from last night, the league will rescind the flagrant-2 and mark it a flagrant-1, but I guarantee you Allen doesn't get warned about flopping.

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
As others have noted above, that wasn't a flop.  It wasn't ejection-worthy, but it was unnecessary contact.

Some fans hate Ray Allen so much that they see things that aren't there, huh?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMLnOTewYGg

THIS was a flagrant-2.

This was the most blatant, non-basketball-related foul I have seen committed in a game in years.  Wade wasn't jockeying for position or attempting to steal the ball.  He simply bull-rushed a smaller player from behind.  As dirty as they come.

Wade should have been ejected from the game and suspended for one game, playoffs be [dang]ed.

I want to rent a billboard across the street from NBA Executive offices here in NYC and run this clip on a constant loop.  The league's a g.d. joke.

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
somewhere Larry Bird is shaking his head....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
As others have noted above, that wasn't a flop.  It wasn't ejection-worthy, but it was unnecessary contact.

Got to credit Barea for knocking Ray over in a way that wasn't an obvious ejection. Had he pushed him over it would have been much worse.

Ray certainly got trucked, I don't think it was a flop. That being said what instigated it was a straight arm offensive foul that went uncalled.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288

He should have been ejected. Just about anyone else in the NBA doing that to Allen and he could have seriously injured him. You shouldnt get preferencial treatment just becausebyou are the smallest guy on the court.

With that said thats what happens when refs miss obvious calls. Player ends up retaliating on someone else. Happens quite a bit and becauee of it you can get injuries and people thrown out of games often because of refs incompetence

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450

I've looked at it multiple times. I think it is a flop. Ray knocks Barea pretty good on the first contact, but you didn't see JJ falling to the floor. Barea did the same thing and Ray started performing stunt work from He Got Game.

Barea's reaction makes me think he believed Ray flopped too.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline daveh51292

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 15
The old man is getting grumpier with age.

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
it's not a flop, that's a legit foul..

that said, it's not a flagrant. wade gets away with more a lot more BS than this. and if Barea had hit wade like this, he'd be suspended 1 game.
- LilRip

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I don't think Allen flopped, he definitely got hit.  That shouldn't be a flagrant 2 by any means.  I could see them giving a flagrant 1 for it though as their was no play on he ball.
do it

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

From T-Wolves RealGM

YES!

JJ is my new hero ;D

Mine too.

Me too.

I'll add JJ to Jarret Jack who was one of the few NBA players who had the stones to call Judas out for his traitorous ways.

Once a Diva always a Diva.

Getting ready for his new career after bball I guess.

Judas was fouled (not even a 1, though never-mind a 2)but that righteous indignation cHeat crap (he's adapted quickly to that privileged call crap the cHeat get)when he "went after" JJ is just a bunch of BS histrionics so prevalent in South Beach.

Looked like JJ called him a POS, if I read lips properly right at the end. That's calling it like it is JJ!

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
and JJ called ray a big women's organ 3 times after that.

and rightfully so. ray is a joke.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Lol, the NBA is so soft and such a joke now. I don't know how much more of this I can take.

No doubt. I don't think Ray flopped, Barea really did push him, but calling a flagrant-2 is ridiculous, especially since Ray got away with a push of his own just before that—I think that's why Barea shoved him. And in comparing that to the clip of Wade shoving Hamilton, Wade's offense was at least as bad, maybe worse.

If it wasn't for the Celtics, I probably couldn't deal with the NBA anymore. Stern's retirement can't come too soon, though Silver will probably be just like him.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

"Flopping" doesn't mean you don't get hit. It means you greatly exaggerate the impact of any contact that may or may not have occurred.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

"Flopping" doesn't mean you don't get hit. It means you greatly exaggerate the impact of any contact that may or may not have occurred.

Yes, I know what flopping is.  We see it every game from Paul Pierce, who exaggerates for effect probably more than any player I've seen.  It's an unfortunate part of today's NBA, where guys "sell" calls.

Ray didn't flop.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes