Author Topic: JJ Barea ejected for "flagrant 2 foul" on Ray Allen... (Ray flops big time)  (Read 17727 times)

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
JJ tried to sell a flop, failed he will probs get fined for both the flagrant 2 and the flop

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Headlines should say:

"Refs eject Barea, beat the Timberwolves"

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
Sick. Ray, the punk, and the refs.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 01:44:02 AM by alley oop »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Looks like RA got away with a shove right at the start, and the JJ gave him a hard foul.  I don't think that should have even been a flag 1.  But it doesn't really look like a flop to me either.  Just bad officiating all around on that play.  The NBA should be embarrassed when videos like that surface.  How they can get two calls wrong in 5 seconds just amazes me.
theyre protecting the heat. they didnt get anything wrong. everything went according to sterns plan.

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
JJ tried to sell a flop, failed he will probs get fined for both the flagrant 2 and the flop

The SterNBA will also give that "fine" money towards Ray Allen and the cHeat organization.

The NBA will also make it mandatory to make the Miami Heat a Gold Plated Airplane so they feel like kings while they fly out to road games.

Sick of this BS.
The NBA is not what it used to anymore, now its just a league of prima donnas and fake classy guys.

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

From T-Wolves RealGM

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Lol Barea would've given Ray a little whooping! Show him wuddup Barea!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline JoT

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
That was not worth an ejection at all.

Lol, the NBA is so soft and such a joke now. I don't know how much more of this I can take.
Thank you. I had to sit here and laugh while shaking my head after I saw what happened. I could understand a technical foul or a flagrant 1 maybe, but an ejection?

Lamar did worse to Ray back in I think 08 and that wasn't even an ejection. Matter of fact I think Lamar and Ray were both called for a technical foul and all Ray did was try to get Lamar off of him.

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
when. if the celtics get bounced from the playoffs, NBA is over for me.  Can't sit through and watch the cheat be given the title again.  This league is pathetic.

Offline clasher101

• Maine Celtic
  • Tommy Points: 0
ok number 1 barea tries to sell an offensive foul then charges allen and clearly pushes him down. maybe a flagrant 1 refs blew the call. but JJ lost his cool for sure he was shooting 1/10 at the time  ;D

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Ray Allen flops?  Did you even watch the video?

I think you need to learn the definition because what Barea did was clearly more of a flop.  Flopping is an intentional reaction that is inconsistent with the contact that actually occurred. 

When Ray uses his off arm on Barea and he flails his arms back that's a flop, especially when he waits a second for the call instead of immediately getting back into him.

When Barea puts his body into Ray while he has the ball and he falls down, that's much more in the realm of selling the contact.  Talk about his height all you want, he's still an NBA athlete not a horse jockey.  Some players can withstand hits better than others, and sometimes balance plays a bigger factor than anything, but every player is going to sell that form of contact every time.

It's just part of the game.  Falling down is consistent with a player putting his body into you, no matter how hard they do it.  That's like saying a guy doesn't have to fall back after taking a charge.  Regardless of how much strength or balance you have, it's your job to get that call.

For the record, I wouldn't even call that close to a flagrant 1.  If the Celtics were given half the BS as the Heat we'd be 5 time champions.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline garz

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 12
Rayray upset because he broke a nail right after getting his manicure?

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird