Author Topic: Bradley leads C's Sunday workout  (Read 9459 times)

Re: Bradley leads C's Sunday workout
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2013, 07:53:39 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo must be the most opinion dividing player in the league.  Everyone seems to either:

1. Believe he is the next "god" on the basketball court or

2. Think he's a cancer and wanta to trade him out first chance.
No, not really. It's just that people that fall in (1) typically think everyone who doesn't share their elation falls in (2).

Rondo is a great player, but he's not irreplaceable (or, indeed untradable).

Claiming that, while Rondo's shooting woes have been a hindrance to the team, his other skills allow him to make a positive contribution on offense is seen as claiming he's "perfect" or "a god". It's all part of the fun of posting here.I can remember arguing with people who thought we wouldn't win a title in 2008 unless we upgraded our starting point guard. This was followed (over time) by arguments that he'd never be an average starting pg unless his shooting dramatically improved, followed by he'll never be an all-star the way he shoots, followed by he'll never be an elite player because of his shooting. In each discussion I was told that my love for Rondo was preventing me from seeing the obvious reality of the situation. Such is life.

Rondo will never recover from his knee surgery until he shoots 44% on contested jumpers from the left elbow.

Awesome. Now I know exactly what to look for. I can't wait for that to happen and hear his critics complain that his shots were contested, but not "contested enough".

« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2013, 08:09:10 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo must be the most opinion dividing player in the league.  Everyone seems to either:

No, not really. It's just that people that fall in (1) typically think everyone who doesn't share their elation falls in (2).

Claiming that, while Rondo's shooting woes have been a hindrance to the team, his other skills allow him to make a positive contribution on offense is seen as claiming he's "perfect" or "a god". It's all part of the fun of posting here.I can remember arguing with people who thought we wouldn't win a title in 2008 unless we upgraded our starting point guard. This was followed (over time) by arguments that he'd never be an average starting pg unless his shooting dramatically improved, followed by he'll never be an all-star the way he shoots, followed by he'll never be an elite player because of his shooting. In each discussion I was told that my love for Rondo was preventing me from seeing the obvious reality of the situation. Such is life.
And the reality of the situation is that he'll be shipped out of town in the bat of an eye when the right player becomes available. The problem is, of course, that the price is steep, so it likely won't be soon, if at all. But such is life.

Yes, but somehow his detractors feel that "he'll be shipped out of town in the bat of an eye when the right player becomes available" somehow separates him from everyone else on the roster, each of whom would be shipped out of town in the bat of an eye when the right player becomes available. They also feel that Danny not having a legally notarized document saying he'd never trade Rondo under any circumstances proves that he's aggressively shopping Rondo but no team in the league has any interest him.

If someone told me in the pre-KG days that wanting to have players who dominate in playoff games and lead teams deep into the playoffs instead of decent but consistent players would put me squarely in the minority here I'd never have believed it.

« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2013, 08:40:00 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Bradley just showing he's getting into his offensive groove finally, which took time just like last year, and this turned into a Rondo thread!   (don't they all)

Let's give some credit to the Dog himself.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2013, 09:44:49 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

And the reality of the situation is that he'll be shipped out of town in the bat of an eye when the right player becomes available. The problem is, of course, that the price is steep, so it likely won't be soon, if at all. But such is life.

Yes, but somehow his detractors feel that "he'll be shipped out of town in the bat of an eye when the right player becomes available" somehow separates him from everyone else on the roster, each of whom would be shipped out of town in the bat of an eye when the right player becomes available. They also feel that Danny not having a legally notarized document saying he'd never trade Rondo under any circumstances proves that he's aggressively shopping Rondo but no team in the league has any interest him.

If someone told me in the pre-KG days that wanting to have players who dominate in playoff games and lead teams deep into the playoffs instead of decent but consistent players would put me squarely in the minority here I'd never have believed it.

Got to agree here. Any player would be shipped out of town in the bat of eye if the right deal comes along. Thats just common front office NBA sense.