Author Topic: Celtics (32-27) at Pacers (38-22) 3/6  (Read 48573 times)

Re: Celtics (32-27) at Pacers (38-22) 3/6
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2013, 11:10:09 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
What a WIN!

Just woke up not too long ago...ran to NBATV, looked at the scores scroll across the bottom of the screen!

NICE!

So we just beat the 2nd seeded team in the East...an Indy team that had been playing VERY well...much younger....on NIGHT TWO of a Back-Back....on the road, no less.

This BOS team can CERTAINLY make some noise this post-season.

BOS is MOVIN' ON UP that playoff seeding in the East ;D

« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2013, 12:03:40 AM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Just saw the game winner...Green saved KG's ass there haha

According to Pierce's post-game interview Green was the first option on that play, with Pierce getting the ball only if West had been able to stay on Jeff.
I was more referring to the pass.  KG airmailed that pass, but Jeff hauled it in.

« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2013, 12:08:04 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

According to Pierce's post-game interview Green was the first option on that play, with Pierce getting the ball only if West had been able to stay on Jeff.
I was more referring to the pass.  KG airmailed that pass, but Jeff hauled it in.

Yup. We would've been talking about KG's fluke and inability to do a simple pass had it not been for Green's good hands. The pass was really high and Green had to reach high to get it.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #318 on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:47 AM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18
Anyone have video of the final play from the CSN broadcast?  I watched it live on my league pass but they had the Indy broadcast... would love to hear Mike & Tommy's call.

« Reply #319 on: March 07, 2013, 10:09:24 AM »

Offline alley oop

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 30
I thought they were done when the Pacers hit those 3 3 pointers. Great defense and even better execution. Our guards really made it hard on the Pacers in the fourth. Jason Terry was huge with two deflections leading to transition baskets to get them back into the game. Celtics held the Pacers to 36.4% shooting. Everyone on the Celtics that played contributed tonight with the exception of you know who.

Mike Gorman (or someone) remarked during a time out, with few minutes to go in the 4th, that Doc got on Terry for the way he was defending someone. After that, Terry played great both defensively and offensively.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 10:15:21 AM by alley oop »

« Reply #320 on: March 07, 2013, 10:15:09 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I thought they were done when the Pacers hit those 3 3 pointers. Great defense and even better execution. Our guards really made it hard on the Pacers in the fourth. Jason Terry was huge with two deflections leading to transition baskets to get them back into the game. Celtics held the Pacers to 36.4% shooting. Everyone on the Celtics that played contributed tonight with the exception of you know who.

Mike Gorman (or someone) remarked during a time out, with few minutes to go in the 4th, that Doc got on Terry for the way he was defending someone. After that, Terry play great both defensively and offensively.

Terry was simply respecting Hill's ability to drive too much, Doc didn't want to play him that way. He didn't care if Hill drove by him, but to not give him any space that would allow him to shoot a 3-pointer.

« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2013, 10:21:30 AM »

Offline DutchClutch

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 13
  • Feyenoord, Arsenal & Celtics forever!
Anyone have video of the final play from the CSN broadcast?  I watched it live on my league pass but they had the Indy broadcast... would love to hear Mike & Tommy's call.

Here you go, the play is at 2.10 in the video:

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/highlights-celtics-beat-pacers

« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2013, 10:21:54 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Yup. We would've been talking about KG's fluke and inability to do a simple pass had it not been for Green's good hands. The pass was really high and Green had to reach high to get it.

KG didn't airmail that pass in my opinion, it was were it was intended. I think in part they wanted some sort of alley-oop opportunity, but it came off a bit mistimed, particularly considering that KG did have 7'1 player on him.

That was an easy catch for Green, it was the correct type of pass, but not a perfect pass or really that good of a pass, but it wasn't as egregious as it's being made out to be.

« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2013, 10:49:07 AM »

Offline Mike

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 18

Thank you!

« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2013, 11:24:03 AM »

Offline Shamrocker

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 69

http://hoopchalk.com/2013/03/06/celtics-use-the-elbows-to-take-out-pacers/

Great write-up about the final play last night. Worth the read…

« Reply #325 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:49 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Indiana doesn't seem any more formidable than they did last year. Very good defense, pedestrian offense. I don't have any idea what their offensive rating is but I think they'd have trouble scoring when things get tight.

« Reply #326 on: March 07, 2013, 12:38:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Thank you!
Found the Indiana feed, and developed all sorts of new levels of appreciation for Mike Gorman. Truly one of the best play-by-play guys in the NBA.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #327 on: March 07, 2013, 12:38:47 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

KG didn't airmail that pass in my opinion, it was were it was intended. I think in part they wanted some sort of alley-oop opportunity, but it came off a bit mistimed, particularly considering that KG did have 7'1 player on him.

That was an easy catch for Green, it was the correct type of pass, but not a perfect pass or really that good of a pass, but it wasn't as egregious as it's being made out to be.

over Hib with hands high, faked West onto PP with a pump fake pass... good pass!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #328 on: March 07, 2013, 12:38:57 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Indiana doesn't seem any more formidable than they did last year. Very good defense, pedestrian offense. I don't have any idea what their offensive rating is but I think they'd have trouble scoring when things get tight.
I think they are, I think more of Paul George than Danny Granger. I also think their rotation is more settled. I don't think they've jumped to contender, but I think they're better.

Hibbert's overall offensive funk has been a huge problem for them though.

« Reply #329 on: March 07, 2013, 12:41:38 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Hibbert's overall offensive funk has been a huge problem for them though.
I was less then impressed with Hibbert yesterday, even in the first quarter. Constantly caught flat-footed, very little motor, no idea how to score in isolation.

This season, the guy just gets by on being really, really huge.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."