Author Topic: JJ Barea ejected for "flagrant 2 foul" on Ray Allen... (Ray flops big time)  (Read 17647 times)

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Was watching live last night and i wouldn't say ray flopped but it was funny seeing a little guy like J.J. push him. When watched the play unfold in real time Ray purposly threw his forearm/elbow at J.J. to clear him away. So that should have been a foul. The fact that it was called a flagrant two is a joke.

And there were multiple bad calls after that. A 3 which should have been an and 1 that Alexi hit would have made it a 5 point 79-74 but was called for kicking his leg out. Then t-wolves get a stop and cunnigham drop steps hits a shot waved off a called for a charge. Changed the game the heat then went down at 79-70 and ran away with it. Really bad ref job last night.

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Also loved what barea was saying to Ray allen as he was walking to the locker room.  ;D

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...

From T-Wolves RealGM

YES!

JJ is my new hero ;D

Mine too.

Me too.

I'll add JJ to Jarret Jack who was one of the few NBA players who had the stones to call Judas out for his traitorous ways.

Once a Diva always a Diva.

Getting ready for his new career after bball I guess.

Judas was fouled (not even a 1, though never-mind a 2)but that righteous indignation cHeat crap (he's adapted quickly to that privileged call crap the cHeat get)when he "went after" JJ is just a bunch of BS histrionics so prevalent in South Beach.

Looked like JJ called him a POS, if I read lips properly right at the end. That's calling it like it is JJ!

I try not to look up to others, but Barea had earned his extra points with me when I found out he's was dating(now married to) Miss (Puerto Rico) Universe.

IMO, a much better reason to have Barea as a hero,  ;). JJ is winning in this game called life.

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
JJ's a flopper and chippy player himself, and was probably trying to flop at the beginning of the clip.

I can't see any way possible that that hit was a flagrant-2 though.  Flagrant-1 maybe, since Barea seemed to be clearly hitting him just to hit him, and followed through with the arm.  But ejectable?  No way.

The only thing I can think of is that if the game is out of hand sometimes the refs will deliberately make an ejection (and let the league reverse the call later) to avoid things getting really ugly.  As much as the league hates fighting it wouldn't surprise me if this was unofficial policy.
Your last comment is a good one. Without knowing the flow of the game, it is hard to evaluate the call.

Then again, I don't think 'chippy game' when I think of Minny.

Looked it up and Minny was only down 6 with 8 minutes left when Barea was ejected.  So there's no good reason at all to call it that way as far as I'm concerned.

But what if Ray had been pushing JJ around all game? That could have just been the tipping point (I don't know)

JJ is a nuisance to a lot of players. KG roughed him up once   ;D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

From T-Wolves RealGM

YES!

JJ is my new hero ;D

Mine too.

Me too.

I'll add JJ to Jarret Jack who was one of the few NBA players who had the stones to call Judas out for his traitorous ways.

Once a Diva always a Diva.

Getting ready for his new career after bball I guess.

Judas was fouled (not even a 1, though never-mind a 2)but that righteous indignation cHeat crap (he's adapted quickly to that privileged call crap the cHeat get)when he "went after" JJ is just a bunch of BS histrionics so prevalent in South Beach.

Looked like JJ called him a POS, if I read lips properly right at the end. That's calling it like it is JJ!

I try not to look up to others, but Barea had earned his extra points with me when I found out he's was dating(now married to) Miss (Puerto Rico) Universe.

IMO, a much better reason to have Barea as a hero,  ;). JJ is winning in this game called life.

JJ is saying exactly what I want to say right now but can't do to the forum rules.

NO way thats a flagrant 2. I wouldn't even call it a 1. A hard foul? Yeah, but what Allen did to JJ was the same, only JJ didn't go down like a...Well, I think JJ say's it all.

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Windhorst says officially downgraded to a #1. Marvels at Malloy still getting late playoff games.

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN

Shocker of the day there. Probably could've downgraded it all the way but probably didn't want to embarass the ref that called it.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Offline dinome18

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 7
Can't read lips. What's he calling him?

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Can't read lips. What's he calling him?

A flippin' kitten.

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I think it was Simmons, but it might have been someone else that picked Barea in the "Guy you'd pick last in every rec league/street hoops pickup game who would end up absolutely crushing it" category.

I agree. Dude is fun to watch.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Windhorst says officially downgraded to a #1. Marvels at Malloy still getting late playoff games.

https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN

Kicked Pierce out of a heat playoff game. Weeeeiiirrrddd