Author Topic: White Randolph Williams Playing Time Problems With Doc Rivers (NO DNP)  (Read 16288 times)

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
How Can Kevin Garnett Rest
If White And Radolph Are Not Playing?
Given A 10 Day Contract, How Can We Proved That Randolph And White Are Suited In Celtics System, Given Only 10 Days
How? While Doc Rivers Don't Used Them......
Why Sign Them If You Don't Used Them?
How Can KG And Pierce Be Fresh And Not Toast And Out Of Gas Come Playoffs?
Even T-Will As Back-Up Of Pierce
Whats Wrong With Doc Rivers Coaching Style

Bradley/Crawford
Lee/Terry
Pierce/Williams
Green/White/Bass
Garnett/Wilcox/Randolph

Bass And Wilcox Out Of Rotation For A While
or
PP and KG Out For Rotation (Rest)
Lets See What White And Randolph Can Do
AGREE?

I Don't Want To See A Varnando And Milicic Scenario Here
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:27:48 AM by krook »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Have a strong feeling our oldies will be rested on the Philly game... this will give our new guy some PT
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
You're aware that Garnett only played 32 minutes and that we have 3 or 4 days, depending on how you look at it, of rest right?

Take Bass and Wilcox out of the rotation for a while? That makes absolutely no sense.

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
You don't take out regular rotation players and replace them with guys like Randolph or White who don't even really know the plays or definsive rotations.  In close games that's how you lose.  Come on now...

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
You're aware that Garnett only played 32 minutes and that we have 3 or 4 days, depending on how you look at it, of rest right?

Take Bass and Wilcox out of the rotation for a while? That makes absolutely no sense.

Yup I'm aware ;)

Resting kg or pp is not just coz they need a rest its to prevent unnecessary injury on them..
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

Offline dark19tower

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 0
Given A 10 Day Contract, How Can We Proved That Randolph And White Are Suited In Celtics System, Given Only 10 Days

Bradley/Crawford
Lee/Terry
Pierce/Williams
Green/White/Bass
Garnett/Wilcox/Randolph

AGREE?

Ummm....Terrence Williams is a point guard bud...

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
perhaps doc and the coaching team rely upon practices to judge them? and maybe other members of the bench are playing more?

these guys are playing 10 day contracts for a reason. it is easy to see they are marginal nba players since they have proven it through their past play. i hope they can help the celtics but i am not worried that they dont play yet.

as far as KG's minutes, he is averaging 30 minutes a game for the season. in the past 7 games he has averaged...... 30 minutes a game. that includes the overtime in utah and does NOT include the dnp against phoenix.

actually, i am surprised KG is only playing 30 minutes lately given the loss of sully. but it seems that wilcox is being called upon to play more and is doing rather well.

wilcox has averaged about 10 minutes a game this season, but has averaged 19 minutes in the past 4 games. that is keeping KG's minutes at his season average.

wilcox has averaged something like 6.5 points and 4 rebounds in those last 4 games. not bad. i hope he keeps it up.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
It is an absolute outrage that Doc Rivers won't play fringe NBA players on 10-day contracts who don't know the plays or the defensive schemes! 

When will Doc stop being so stubborn and start developing all of this young talent!

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wasnt this our one game in seven days stretch? Why rest them after they just had three days off with another three to come?

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
How can you
write a post
like this
without thinking
how silly it is
to break up sentence so frequently
for no

reason

...ee cummings over here

Re: White Randolph Williams Playing Time Problems With Doc Rivers (NO DNP)
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 12:07:57 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
old court . . .
a pf leaps in
basket’s sound

basho
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 12:37:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Cry me a river...

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 12:46:31 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
relax my friend. These guys are end bench players. They are happy just to sitting somewhere right now or otherwise would be playing in the nbdl or sitting at home.

Against GS also wilcox and Bass did a good job in the game. When either of these guys don't do their jobs or vs certain matchups we will see white and randolph sooner than later.

But these guys have to realize the one chance they get, they have to play for their lives, if they want to stay and get a chance in the rotation.

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 12:56:44 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210

Bradley/Crawford
Lee/Terry
Pierce/Williams
Green/White/Bass
Garnett/Wilcox/Randolph

Is there a language that capitalizes every word?  I don't think I've ever seen a post like that before.

or
PP and KG Out For Rotation (Rest)
AGREE?

I Don't Want To See A Varnando And Milicic Scenario Here

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 01:45:38 PM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I understand the worry about Doc relying on his proven and aging veterans too much, but this is just silly about these three guys.  They just gave Williams a contract that is far better than him winning a second 10-day gig.  He's now got months to prove himself and a ticket to the playoffs.

As to White and Randolph, they were just signed the day before and had all of one day's practice with the team.  They are both eligible for a second 10-day chance before Danny has to decide more definitely, and now they've got another couple of days to acclimate themselves to the team and their system before getting their examination under the bright lights.  I imagine what they show in practice will also influence how eager Doc and Danny are to see them in games.