Author Topic: White Randolph Williams Playing Time Problems With Doc Rivers (NO DNP)  (Read 16300 times)

Re: White Randolph Williams Playing Time Problems With Doc Rivers (NO DNP)
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2013, 05:26:17 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Sign me up Celtics. I'll accept $50K on a 10-day contract and will sit on the bench. No attitude problems, will assist water boys with the gatorade distribution too. C'mon Doc give the two some PT!
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2013, 05:55:05 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Sign me up Celtics. I'll accept $50K on a 10-day contract and will sit on the bench. No attitude problems, will assist water boys with the gatorade distribution too. C'mon Doc give the two some PT!

go start practicing

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2013, 06:33:48 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Are people really still complaining after another win because we didn't play our China league cast offs?

We are 1 game back in the loss column from the 4th, 5th and 6th seeds. And only one game up on the 8th seed.

The most important thing right now is winning, putting some separation between us and the Bucks and trying to get ourselves into the best position for the playoffs. The Celtics have had a habit of throwing away leads and yet people are still clamoring that we throw in guys that had to go to China to get legit playing time. We're struggling to get it done with our stars, how is putting in White or Randolph going to make it any easier? 

If at any point one of these guys is expected to play any kind of significant role for us, we might as well pack it in, because something has obviously gone horribly wrong. They will get their minutes, just in garbage time and in games we throw the white flag up by sitting KG or PP. Which is really the only time they should be on the court anyway.

I get that we only have 10 days for these guys, but why jeopardize a win by putting worse players on the floor? Just to see if they magically have become solid NBA talent? Thats foolish.

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2013, 07:05:16 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
Are people really still complaining after another win because we didn't play our China league cast offs?

We are 1 game back in the loss column from the 4th, 5th and 6th seeds. And only one game up on the 8th seed.

The most important thing right now is winning, putting some separation between us and the Bucks and trying to get ourselves into the best position for the playoffs. The Celtics have had a habit of throwing away leads and yet people are still clamoring that we throw in guys that had to go to China to get legit playing time. We're struggling to get it done with our stars, how is putting in White or Randolph going to make it any easier? 

If at any point one of these guys is expected to play any kind of significant role for us, we might as well pack it in, because something has obviously gone horribly wrong. They will get their minutes, just in garbage time and in games we throw the white flag up by sitting KG or PP. Which is really the only time they should be on the court anyway.

I get that we only have 10 days for these guys, but why jeopardize a win by putting worse players on the floor? Just to see if they magically have become solid NBA talent? Thats foolish.

avoid the 8 and 7 seed to also avoid heat and pacers? but what happens to kg and pierce come playoffs, fresh players? or out of gas,
what if the 10days of randolph and white is over ha!
another 10 days just to sit there and watched?
sixers and celtics had a closed game... why? no clog inside no box out no rebounds and lots of turnovers
you know who is doing the job? green kg bradley those 3 guys,
bro at least give this 2 guys 10 minutes a game and see what they can do...
if i'm danny ainge i should have just released them, i should just have traded for a big man...
did you see last year? steiemsma and hollins
game 6... no one stop lebron inside... no rebounds
you think green can do it all... or bass is our savior?
why don't we try those 2, they average double double in china bro...randolph stated he wants to do it here in celtics, but i don't see it happening unless 1 big man gets injured

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2013, 07:14:13 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
and lastly

if milicic gets a good playing time,, will he ever ask for released even his mom is sick?
collins over milicic?
barbosa wants out on the team, he accepted low salary and don't get playing time? until rondo gets injured?
and why did tim from d-league declined 10 days and went to houston, did you see? doc is the problem here
if you take out kg and pierce and terry, put them againt's the heat, without those veterans can they beat them? i think they can, doc rivers is lacking of confidence here,
i was chanting for birdman before, but everyone disagree did you see him now in heat? while we play collins a lot, we got milicic but did nothing on court,
if i'm tim he did the right thing, i want to play not just sit and do nothing and watched
the team is loosing barbosa and milicic was thinking man if we are playing we should have contributed,
in this case this is a failed signing, the plan was tim he declined, admunson? went to the bulls, failed failed failed

« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2013, 10:52:50 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

avoid the 8 and 7 seed to also avoid heat and pacers? but what happens to kg and pierce come playoffs, fresh players? or out of gas,
what if the 10days of randolph and white is over ha!
another 10 days just to sit there and watched?
sixers and celtics had a closed game... why? no clog inside no box out no rebounds and lots of turnovers
you know who is doing the job? green kg bradley those 3 guys,
bro at least give this 2 guys 10 minutes a game and see what they can do...
if i'm danny ainge i should have just released them, i should just have traded for a big man...
did you see last year? steiemsma and hollins
game 6... no one stop lebron inside... no rebounds
you think green can do it all... or bass is our savior?
why don't we try those 2, they average double double in china bro...randolph stated he wants to do it here in celtics, but i don't see it happening unless 1 big man gets injured
Firstly KG and PP were out there for less minutes than their season average, so its not like Doc is running them into the ground. If Doc is going to play them he should play them as normal, dont knock 10 mins of their court time and replace them with such sub par talent as White and Randolph. If he wants to give them a rest then he should sit them for the entire game and then he can try out the new guys.

Secondly if you are honestly trying to tell me that if Doc had played Randolph and White for 10 mins that we would have won last night's game easier, I just don't buy it. We played our best players and won, playing worse players for any amount of time isn't going to make us win by more. It just doesn't add up. Why risk losing a relatively close game by throwing out unproven players? It doesn't make sense.

I'm sure Randolph wants to do what he did in China here, good luck to him. The only problem is in the NBA the teams aren't limited to having two American players on the court at a time. He averaged a double double in China, Fab Melo is averaging 11 and 7 in the D league and look at how overmatched he is.

I'm not saying these guys can't help but after being on the team for 2 DNP games (wins I might add) its ridiculous to be calling for them to be getting 10 mins, 5 mins, any mins.

And I'm tired of hearing about Darko, who never lived up to his billing anyway. Yeah he didn't get any minutes, but would we be talking about this if Sully hadn't gone down with an injured back?

And theTim Ohlbrecht argument has no weight to it either. He passed on our 10 day contract offer because Houston was talking to him and then signed him for the rest of the season. I would have passed on the Celtics 10 day offer too if I had the rockets offering me a contract for the rest of the season.

Just because we aren't seeing them on the court in games doesn't mean that Doc and Danny aren't getting a good sense of what these guys can do. Its been 2 games. If these guys want to walk after a 10 day contract because they didn't see the court enough, thats fine, theres plenty of similar talent in the D-league just take a look at the threads with countless names of guys people want to see us pick up. We won. Be happy. I'd rather win with Doc's short rotation than risk losing just to see if Randolph suddenly developed into real NBA talent. Be patient, these guys will eventually see some playing time, but wins now can really make a difference to our playoff picture and put pressure on other teams to keep pace.

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2013, 01:37:04 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I'd like to see if they offer more than Bass. Probably not, but I'd like to see.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2013, 09:21:36 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
I'd like to see if they offer more than Bass. Probably not, but I'd like to see.

yah

« Reply #83 on: March 12, 2013, 05:33:58 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
what's up doc

« Reply #84 on: March 12, 2013, 08:26:58 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
I dont even know these guys names, they dont need to be playing.

This is an important time for seeding, we already are keeping pierce and kgs minutes down anyway.

Maybe theyll get spot minutes against the bobcats or something. If they play well than surely they deserve to be in the rotation for the remainder of the year...

« Reply #85 on: March 12, 2013, 10:23:18 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
Personally I felt we were "too deep" in the beginning of the year - meaning Doc was trying to get 11 or 12 guys minutes every night. I like an 8-9 man rotation. Right now:

starters: KG, Bass, Pierce, Lee, AB
main bench guys: Wilcox, Green, Crawford, Terry

That gives us the right number of guys. I wouldn't mind seeing Crawford and one of the bigs alternate minutes depending on the day to day match ups. But going beyond 9 guys doesn't work - we've seen this for the last 5 seasons.

« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2013, 10:41:07 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
what's up doc
No bumping, please. Thanks.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #87 on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327