Author Topic: White Randolph Williams Playing Time Problems With Doc Rivers (NO DNP)  (Read 16297 times)

Re: White Randolph Williams Playing Time Problems With Doc Rivers (NO DNP)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 01:50:02 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Wilcox has the highest shooting % in the league; but is lucky to see 15 min. a game. I don't get it. Especially when you can play wilcox and kg together. Need practice bodies for sure and you need to rely on Danny and Doc to see what is happening on and off the court on offense and on defense.

Bass is late on rotations and his offense has been pretty spotty.

More Wilcox, Randolph and White. Less Bass from where I sit.

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
How Can Kevin Garnett Rest
If White And Radolph Are Not Playing?
Given A 10 Day Contract, How Can We Proved That Randolph And White Are Suited In Celtics System, Given Only 10 Days
How? While Doc Rivers Don't Used Them......
There's this thing called practice.

I don't see why you'd think we would make a decision on how somebody fits with our team based on 10 minutes together in a game.  Getting Wilcox back in a rhythm is our main priority considering he's gonna going to be our only productive big outside of KG and Bass no matter what.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 02:11:38 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
from reading some of the comments here defending Doc Rivers you would think Celtics are the only team with a defensive scheme. Why is it always the Celtics system that is so difficult for new players to learn.

If this is truly the case maybe the scheme should be simplified. What is the purpose of a scheme that cannot be taught.

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 02:19:53 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
from reading some of the comments here defending Doc Rivers you would think Celtics are the only team with a defensive scheme. Why is it always the Celtics system that is so difficult for new players to learn.

If this is truly the case maybe the scheme should be simplified. What is the purpose of a scheme that cannot be taught.
The scheme obviously can be taught. It has yielded 1 championship, 2 Finals appearances, 3 ECF appearances, 5(soon to be 6)playoff appearances and two of the best defenses ever(in 2007-08 and 2011-12(before Bradley went down in the playoffs), in just 6 seasons.

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 03:15:42 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

It can be taught, but not to everybody and not quickly.  I just pretty much assume that it takes half a season for most players to figure it out, so the lack of continuity of bench players is a problem.

I'm okay with the idea that inability to grasp the defensive schemes will result in decreased playing time.  I like Doc's bias towards defense over offense.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 03:18:02 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 996
How Can Kevin Garnett Rest
If White And Radolph Are Not Playing?
Given A 10 Day Contract, How Can We Proved That Randolph And White Are Suited In Celtics System, Given Only 10 Days
How? While Doc Rivers Don't Used Them......
Why Sign Them If You Don't Used Them?
How Can KG And Pierce Be Fresh And Not Toast And Out Of Gas Come Playoffs?
Even T-Will As Back-Up Of Pierce
Whats Wrong With Doc Rivers Coaching Style

Bradley/Crawford
Lee/Terry
Pierce/Williams
Green/White/Bass
Garnett/Wilcox/Randolph

Bass And Wilcox Out Of Rotation For A While
or
PP and KG Out For Rotation (Rest)
Lets See What White And Randolph Can Do
AGREE?

I Don't Want To See A Varnando And Milicic Scenario Here

I don't know, but whatever Doc does irritates me very easily these days. Such as running KG to the ground when it's unnecessary. Or sticking with cold-players over hot players on the floor.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2013, 03:37:19 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

The scheme obviously can be taught. It has yielded 1 championship, 2 Finals appearances, 3 ECF appearances, 5(soon to be 6)playoff appearances and two of the best defenses ever(in 2007-08 and 2011-12(before Bradley went down in the playoffs), in just 6 seasons.

Random but nick why do you have on a lakers logo?

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2013, 03:39:51 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Yea, I was wondering the same thing. What's up with that Nick?

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2013, 04:59:47 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
i guess nick is just flat out evil.  ;)
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2013, 05:01:06 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The year KG hurt his knee might be the only recent year we weren't top 3 in defense lately. I'd find something other than our defensive schemes to criticize.

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
as multiple people have said, 2 reasons why doc hasnt played them much:

1. they dont know the defense yet (we've seen how he reacts when guys miss assignments during games)

2. 3 day rest prior to this game, 3 day rest after this game (GS game im talking about)

he wanted to secure the W. obv if it was like the phx game, randolph white and t-will would have played.

though it is interesting j-craw finished off the game. i guess cause hes been playing nba level game this season whereas the other 3 have not, he got a little more burn early on.

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 05:13:10 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
C'mon, folks, don't you know the rules of the T-Ball League?  Every kid has to play in every game.  Otherwise, we risk damaging their self-confidence and self-belief.  We can't have that. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 05:14:32 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2522

Yea, I was wondering the same thing. What's up with that Nick?

I've been wondering that too.  I think it has to do with 'Lakers' being his Pick-2 team -- which I think is a CBlog fantasy league.

Nonetheless, there is no reason for a Lakers logo on these boards. I get physically ill each time Nick's posts now. And I think the quality of his posts has deteriorated significantly since adding the logo. ;)

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2013, 05:14:47 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Pick Two Draft (see his sig).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2013, 05:19:25 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Pick Two Draft (see his sig).

As the poster above said, that's no excuse! I think his posts have deteriorated since using the lakers logo, I automatically think it's a troll when I see that logo!