Author Topic: Andrew Bynum considering season ending knee surgery  (Read 4330 times)

Andrew Bynum considering season ending knee surgery
« on: March 02, 2013, 10:08:47 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/sixers/20130302_Sources__Sixers__Andrew_Bynum_considering_knee_surgery.html

This guy will never be healthy again. The sixers got screwed, and the lakers were lucky to get value for him.

I wonder which team will be dumb enough to give him a max deal this summer.

Re: Andrew Bynum considering season ending knee surgery
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 10:15:33 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
They should put a limit on the length of a contract a player can sign when he has missed so many games in the final year of the deal. Only allow the player to sign a one year deal and maybe put a max amount to be paid. 

I would hate to be a team trying to make a decision on whether to sign A.Bynum or not. So much talent, so much risk. Nightmare.

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Philly will re-sign him, for at or near the max.  They've backed themselves into quite a corner.  They'd be wise to encourage him to get surgery and give up any thought of him playing this year.  At this point, the only way they can get something from that trade is to have him heal and re-sign him.  Or just decide today that their not going to offer him this summer.

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 10:17:45 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
If A.Bynum can get healthy again, a A.Bynum + J.Holiday duo is a great foundation to build around.

Add a third star to that and a strong supporting cast and Philly are off to the races.

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 10:21:24 AM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If A.Bynum can get healthy again, a A.Bynum + J.Holiday duo is a great foundation to build around.

Add a third star to that and a strong supporting cast and Philly are off to the races.

He will never be healthy again. He has the knees of an 80 year old man, the injections he receives are for the knees of old people with permanent knee deterioration, and meant to hold off on surgery just a little. Stick a fork in him. I have more hope than Oden recovers than that Bynum does.

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:24:27 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
How in the world do you have any confidence giving this guy the max? People can't keep saying "when he's healthy..." When Greg Oden is healthy he's a defensive force lol but we all see how often that works.

Any team that gives him the max (and somebody will) will regret it
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 10:27:31 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Tough situation for Philly fans.

I can't stand Bynum and his lackadaisical approach to the game.

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 10:43:00 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Amazing how i thought the magic got so screwed in this deal and they got that kid from philly who is just a beast on the boards. Nikol Vucevic. They made out pretty well. Dwight is hurting all the time and is no lock to stay in LA and Bynum cant even get on the floor.

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 10:59:24 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
Tough situation for Philly fans.

I can't stand Bynum and his lackadaisical approach to the game.

Yeah man.. but they already know the risk of getting Bynum.. they put more trust on  the combination of Jrue and Bynum.. rather than Bynum and his knee and his maturity
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 11:08:19 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha. How could Anyone not see this one coming? I see Bynum as jermaine oneal 2.0.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 11:24:36 AM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Haha. How could Anyone not see this one coming? I see Bynum as jermaine oneal 2.0.

Except Jermaine actually had a few healthy years.

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2013, 11:51:13 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

He will never be healthy again. He has the knees of an 80 year old man, the injections he receives are for the knees of old people with permanent knee deterioration, and meant to hold off on surgery just a little. Stick a fork in him. I have more hope than Oden recovers than that Bynum does.

hmmmm....so what number is lower than zero????
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 12:36:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Very true.  Unfortunately, Bynum has had major injury issues in 5 out of the past 6 seasons.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2013, 01:18:34 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Boy that trade has worked out horribly for Philadelphia.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2013, 02:27:07 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
How do the Lakers get away with fleecing other teams like they do. There is no way they should have given up just Bynumm for Howard. The only saving grace is that they took a risk that Howard might not re-up with them, but if Howard re-ups with the Lakers then this fleecing is worse than the Gasol fleece.