Author Topic: Shavlik Randolph reportedly signs 10-day contract with Celts  (Read 9942 times)

Re: Shavlik Randolph reportedly signs 10-day contract with Celts
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2013, 03:54:46 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
We might as well have a Chinese D-League team affiliate.

Paperwork would be too confusing.

Suddenly I'm amused, picturing Danny sitting Fab Melo down and telling he's playing in China for a few weeks. Makes Maine in January seem pretty inviting.

Portland's finest sends you love!,
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2013, 04:41:14 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I despise this guy.  I hope he never sees the floor during the 10 days and he's sent on his way. 

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2013, 06:29:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
We are really scrapping the bottom of the barrel at least he is a big.

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2013, 07:27:47 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
I despise this guy.  I hope he never sees the floor during the 10 days and he's sent on his way.

hmm why?

i don't have any idead abt him.. can't find any good highlights from this guy on his nba/cbl days..
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2013, 09:48:42 AM »

Offline Greenback

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 63
  • Take away love and the earth is a tomb. ~ Browning
An old Hoopshype player profile on him says:

"A pretty good shot....pretty big...has a mean streak."

There weren't any negatives on the write up.

We could use a banger and a guy that can rebound.  He is at the end of the bench.  I would keep him around, he may produce way above his pay rate - like a Brian Cardinal type value player.

NBA players are way over paid and if it weren't for the referees and media building up players way beyond they capability, the league would be more fun to watch.

for example, how many people are sick of Wade getting every possible call going his way for free throws?

Look at Curry last night, because he scored alot of points the night before, the league/referees feel a need to build up a "superstar" and give him all the calls (think Bradley's fouls)....on it goes.

I found the Celtics/Phoenix game one of the most enjoyable games to watch in many years because of the new players and the fast breaks and hope for the future.  Let's welcome the new players that are trying to play hard and make a difference - without all the fouls going their way. 

Let's see what DJ White and Randolph can do.  Hopefully Doc will give them a few minutes night...we already know what KG can do...but he has a high mileage engine and if we do not develop some role players in a hurry, we will be one and done in the playoffs.
Everyone wants truth on his side, not everyone wants to be on the side of truth.

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2013, 10:39:45 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
For those clamoring for Warwick, what the heck for?  This team needs and infusion of actual size and warrick is not it.  Now Randolph may suck, but he is a lot closer to what we need.

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2013, 11:48:31 AM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
gosh i love cb.

where else do we have 5 pages on someone like shavlik randolph?  :D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2013, 01:21:27 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
Well, if he likes to rebound, at 6'10"...he should get it done.....or fab melo playing in CHINA....another odd move.....as doc had PLENTY of time to play the man from Sept-Jan....but did he....no...as he never does with BIGS....playing in the NBA is the only way to be NBA ready....all the other prep is the same....it will only bring you to the same point...in need of NBA time. Fab could have gotten shot blocking, timing, REBOUNDING, CONFIDENCE, time around the MASTER..KG.....and at least a chance to come around, be seen....at least s part of trade bait......doc does this all the time.....collins was better than showed here....he hardly played.....doc has no clue what to do with bigs.....and don't say "what about kg" kg was  the man at age 15...not many like that in the world......kg could get dennis rodman to play straight.....maybe....LOL.

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2013, 02:12:49 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
If he schooled DJ White in China, would be worth seeing what he can do in practice and who knows he may get some playing time if he can pick up the defense quick enough.

Like the T-Will signing. Just because he was not a strong shooter in college does not mean he can't improve. Showed real skills. T-Will stuck maybe one of these guys will as well. Randolph is pretty quick for a big and that is half the battle.

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2013, 02:34:35 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Wanted whiteside. Oh well Danny knows best?
Let's hope so i was also hoping for Hassan Whiteside

Hassan Whiteside is not even half as good as Ryan Hollins.

We already have one completely unskilled 7 footer on the team, and he doesn't see the floor.

Another 6 blocks last night for Whiteside in just 23 minutes.  I had no idea Hollins was that good.