Author Topic: Shavlik Randolph reportedly signs 10-day contract with Celts  (Read 9973 times)

Re: Shavlik Randolph reportedly signs 10-day contract with Celts
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Why S.Randolph over L.Amundson?

I get the impression that Amundson chose the Bulls over the C's. 

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2013, 10:48:07 AM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/226430/Bulls-To-Sign-Lou-Amundson-To-10-Day-Contract

All signs point to the Chicago Bulls signing Lou Amundson to a 10-day contract on Saturday.

The signing would bring the Bulls' roster to the maximum 15 players, bringing big-man insurance while Taj Gibson recovers from a sprained MCL in his left knee.

The Bulls have enough money under the hard cap to sign Amundson for the rest of the season.

Ahh, okay. Thanks for the info.

you're welcome...

« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 10:52:07 AM »

Offline diddybop

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 6
I've seen Shavlik play since he was in high school. UNC/Duke went through an intense recruiting battle and he ultimately chose Duke.

Like a previous poster said, he was very underwhelming at Duke (He was by far the best player in the state of NC, and one of the best in the country, going into school). He was considered one of the biggest recruiting busts ever in College basketball history.

He left school early, which left everyone scratching their heads. Predictably he went undrafted. He just isn't skilled enough to contribute on this level, or even on the College level.

Celtics fans should hope he gets little to no playing time. DJ White will be MUCH more valuable to this team.

Shavlik's biggest claim to fame is his quote from an article about potentially playing with gay players (after Amechi had come out saying he was a homosexual), "as long as you don't bring your gayness on me."  ::)

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2013, 10:55:12 AM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
To me he's a good low risk pickup on a 10 day.  Plus Randolph is bigger than Amundson also.

Amundson saw a bigger short term need with the Bulls with Gibson being injured right now. 

« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2013, 10:55:30 AM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
This guy is the next MJ...Michael Jackson that is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8J6Y_A4Bw

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2013, 10:59:11 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
This guy is the next MJ...Michael Jackson that is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8J6Y_A4Bw

After watching that (fastforwarding through a bunch of talk), he might be closer to Jordan than Jackson. 0.0
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2013, 11:06:35 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
I find it disturbing that even on this board, where every marginal NBA player is a borderline All-Star once the Celtics sign him, that this entire thread contains virtually nothing positive about this guy. Including his dancing.

« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2013, 11:08:52 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Shav is yawn-worthy.  I'm sort of a Duke fan and he was an enormous disappointment.  He was chiffon soft.  Anyway, meh to this.

Now, as roster spots go, I'm guessing Danny is hoping Cleveland buys out Casspi, in which case he'd make a play, and if he could do it, I bet he'd drop Williams and sign Casspi.  My WAG for the day.

« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2013, 11:21:46 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Shav is yawn-worthy.  I'm sort of a Duke fan and he was an enormous disappointment.  He was chiffon soft.  Anyway, meh to this.

Now, as roster spots go, I'm guessing Danny is hoping Cleveland buys out Casspi, in which case he'd make a play, and if he could do it, I bet he'd drop Williams and sign Casspi.  My WAG for the day.
We have no need for Casspi. He'll get zero playing time being the third SF on the roster.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 11:22:54 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

He may be yawn-worty, but he's one of the better rebounders off the scrap heap. He'll help if he's healthy.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 11:27:33 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton

We have no need for Casspi. He'll get zero playing time being the third SF on the roster.
If the Cs wanted to use Green some more at PF, and reduce PP's minutes some, he could see some action.  He has had some good play in the NBA.  We've got four guards in AB, Lee, Jet, and Jordan.  I happen to like Williams potential, but a 5th guard is something of a luxury.  Casspi is a more proven commodity.  I don't regard it as any sort of probability, but I could see Danny making that play.

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 11:33:03 AM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton

He may be yawn-worty, but he's one of the better rebounders off the scrap heap. He'll help if he's healthy.

We'll see.  Maybe he's improved a good deal over the years.  He knows how to play.  He was just very soft in the execution.  It's nice that he put up good numbers in few minutes.  Beats the alternative.  He may or may not beat out White for minutes to even get the chance to help on the boards.

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 11:33:28 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

I get the impression that Amundson chose the Bulls over the C's.

Ya don't say...

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 11:36:23 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
So out of all the guys we signed on 10 day contracts how many of them do you think sees the floor in meaningful mins? Who do you think we sign for the rest of the season?

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 11:36:55 AM »

Offline JBone4eva

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 17
He can play, I remember being thoroughly impressed with his game when he played for the Sixers a couple years ago. I'm happy with this signing.