Author Topic: Kevin Mchale might be the funniest man on Earth (video)  (Read 2391 times)

Kevin Mchale might be the funniest man on Earth (video)
« on: March 01, 2013, 05:25:15 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bi1jVoSpUpk

Ive been scowering the internet for Mchale interviews and this is just one of many hilarious videos from the 80's to today.

My favorite quote from this particular one- regarding his first day as a Celtic, "I knew two things- one, if I ever was gonna run a bank heist, Red Auerbach would be my get away driver, and two, I diddnt have a hernea".

Pretty emotional seeing his daughter come up there at the end but still a great video.

Re: Kevin Mchale might be the funniest man on Earth (video)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 06:16:21 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
McHale is such a cool dude.  Imagine how many laughs those guys shared on road trips back in the day.

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:41:23 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Seems like one of the nicest guys the NBA has ever had and ever will have.

Always smiling and always has a great attitude. It was genuinely crushing to see how he was after he lost his daughter. He looked like a shell of himself.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, 12:31:22 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
We got a Seattle squad!

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 07:47:12 AM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!
He just comes off as such a fun, jovial guy to be around. There's a book called "Unfinished Business" about the Celtic's 90-91 season. Gives a really good behind the scenes look at the team, plenty of McHale practical jokes and general, good-natured stirring. My favourite was where he snuck into a post game press conference and yelled from the back "Chris (coach Chris Ford) why don't you let McHale shoot more threes?"

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 09:07:10 AM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
I live in Springfield Missouri and McHale came to Bass Pro Shop (it was founded here) and was signing autographs. Mostly there were kids in front of me an McHale would always ask "who do you want me to make this to"? When I he asked me the same question I replied "can you make it out to the only 5'11" guy who ever blocked my shot"? McHale just kind of laughed and wrote "good luck, Kevin McHale". Seemed like he had a pretty good sense of humor but he sure did give me a funny look.

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 10:25:24 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Great speech.
I moved the cheese.