Author Topic: Scal interview on Rondo/Judas/KG/PP, being assistant coach , huge win in Utah  (Read 7763 times)

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Rondo, PP, KG all about the team winning. Judas isn't dumb, that isn't the cause of the rift. Judas focus wasn't always on the Cs winning.

If they had a team meeting, specifically about the team winning and losing KG/Rondo/PP were about "how do we get the team to win". Judas was all about "what do I need to do?". Scal made the "we" vs "I" distinction pretty clear.

In fairness, Scal said, from his perspective, most players in the NBA talk about what they individually need to do to make the same win, and that every player on the Celtics outside of KG, Pierce, and Rondo were that way.

Scal clearly Said, 3 players on the Celtics (PP,KG,RR) were about what we can do as a team to win, while Ray was like..what can I do ...how the team can set him up to win or something of that nature...

Glad hes gone..never liked him.

Right.  Like I said, every player on the Celtics other than Pierce, Rondo, and KG had the perspective "how can I individually help the team win", as opposed to the perspective of those three, which was "what do we all need to do better?"

I think that a very important upshot to RR taking a larger view of what was best for the team in general was his coming to the inescapable conclusion that we were better with Bradley starting over Ray and sharing that conclusion with Doc. That had to be the biggest part of the rift between Rondo and Allen.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 09:10:04 AM by BballTim »