Author Topic: Curry scores 54 points!!!  (Read 4792 times)

Re: Curry scores 54 points!!!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 02:40:49 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
More point guards pushing Rondo out of the top 5.

Unfortunately, Rondo's not playing right now ,so there's not much he can do about it.

The vultures are circling.  It's becoming more and more distasteful.

Anyway, great performance by Curry.  That was fun to watch.

Yeah I mean it's also just younger guys improving.  Rondo was pretty much at his apex when he got injured... guys like Curry and Irving are still improving.  Rubio has been excellent lately.  Jrue HOliday is 22 years old and on the rise...  And Rondo was already a notch below Chris Paul and Westbrook.   Tony Parker was having a better season.  Deron Williams has been dreadful this year, but usually is above Rondo... same with Rose.  Lots of competition. 

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 02:53:32 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Ainge tried to trade Rondo for Curry when Rondo was healthy and Curry was battling chronic ankle problems.  Golden State turned us down.  Hat tip to them.  Good move.

It would have been awesome to watch that kid play every night.  Probably the purist shooter since Ray Allen.  He's shooting like 45% FG, 45% from three and 90% from the line.  Knocking down 3 threes per night.  I take it back... he's already better than Ray ever was.  Check the shooting percentages.

This was inevitable.  I knew this would eventually happen once they dumped that ballhog Monta Ellis.  Curry has been my favorite non-Celtic for a while now.

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 03:27:19 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
curry is an amazing shooter. I still think his ankles are going to be a problem moving forward.

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 03:34:43 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
curry is an amazing shooter. I still think his ankles are going to be a problem moving forward.
That's pretty much exactly what we said in Seattle when the Sonics traded an aging Gary Payton for 27 year old Ray Allen coming off ankle surgery... the rumor was that his ankles were being held together by pins.

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 03:44:56 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
I wonder if stephen curry's season performance affects seth curry's draft stock

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 03:50:21 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
I wonder if stephen curry's season performance affects seth curry's draft stock

Did Austin Rivers went to pick #10 'coz Doc reached the ECF?
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 06:14:29 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Unfortunately, Rondo's not playing right now ,so there's not much he can do about it.

The vultures are circling.  It's becoming more and more distasteful.

Anyway, great performance by Curry.  That was fun to watch.

Yeah I mean it's also just younger guys improving.  Rondo was pretty much at his apex when he got injured... guys like Curry and Irving are still improving.  Rubio has been excellent lately.  Jrue HOliday is 22 years old and on the rise...  And Rondo was already a notch below Chris Paul and Westbrook.   Tony Parker was having a better season.  Deron Williams has been dreadful this year, but usually is above Rondo... same with Rose.  Lots of competition.

Aside from the fact that there's no reason to think Rondo's at his apex, he holds his own against that group, he just scores less and passes more. Paul's generally seen as the best of the lot but there have been fairly long stretches (the 10-11 season before he was injured, the latter parts of the 11-12 season, last year's playoffs, the early stages of this season) when Rondo was as good or better. Westbrook scores more but isn't that great at passing or running an offense, Parker's playing well the last year+ but wasn't really top level the previous few years (more of a reason it's nonsensical to say Rondo's at his apex btw), Deron's generally been below Rondo for quite some time and Rose is something of a wild card.

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 07:27:02 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
Ainge tried to trade Rondo for Curry when Rondo was healthy and Curry was battling chronic ankle problems.  Golden State turned us down.  Hat tip to them.  Good move.

It would have been awesome to watch that kid play every night.  Probably the purist shooter since Ray Allen.  He's shooting like 45% FG, 45% from three and 90% from the line.  Knocking down 3 threes per night.  I take it back... he's already better than Ray ever was.  Check the shooting percentages.

This was inevitable.  I knew this would eventually happen once they dumped that ballhog Monta Ellis.  Curry has been my favorite non-Celtic for a while now.

Well, this has been a pretty expected thing to happen. Since his rookie season, even with Monta around, Steph was doing a marvelous job. He is a joy to watch, honestly.

Not sure if Rondo comparisons are fair, since their playing styles are entirely different, but I'd really like to see him playing as a Celtic. If only he was able to draw a couple of more fouls to get to the line a bit more often, he could easily be one of the top scorers in the league by stats, since he really is a top scorer regardless of where his stats stand at.

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 02:51:00 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Considering the lead story after the game was his scoring and not the Knicks winning...this has been totally overrated...even if it was fun to watch.

Oh, and so much for Avery Bradley "not being iman Shumpert" lol, agree with Simmons they should've sold on him...I'll gladly retract it  if Stephen repeats this performance against us...but I don't see it happening...Bradley is a better defender. Not even that close.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 02:57:21 PM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 03:18:14 PM »

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle

That's just nonsense. Just because he had two hot shooting games doesn't mean he's better than Rondo. Rondo could do that too, but he already has scorers on his team, which Golden State doesn't have so Curry is forced to score a lot.
Has he ever made the playoffs? Plus, these two games he got hot - the Warriors lost. You can score 70 ppg but it all doesn't matter if your team loses.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

Well, this has been a pretty expected thing to happen. Since his rookie season, even with Monta around, Steph was doing a marvelous job. He is a joy to watch, honestly.

Not sure if Rondo comparisons are fair, since their playing styles are entirely different, but I'd really like to see him playing as a Celtic. If only he was able to draw a couple of more fouls to get to the line a bit more often, he could easily be one of the top scorers in the league by stats, since he really is a top scorer regardless of where his stats stand at.

Again I must point out that according to the rumors at the time, Ainge offered Rondo for Curry so he could flip Curry for CP3.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 03:42:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Curry is a beast :)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 03:48:26 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
And yes, he's the purest shooter in the game.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 03:54:49 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Such a fun game to watch, I was texting all my friends to tune in during.  He seemed to nail a huge 3 every time NYK took a 2 point lead and you started to get the feeling they were about to pull away.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 05:41:46 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.

54 points or 18 points, 17 rebounds, and 20 assists? Which is harder to get?
I like Marcus Smart