Author Topic: Greg Oden choosing between celtics, heat, and cavs  (Read 13097 times)

Re: Greg Oden choosing between celtics, heat, and cavs
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2013, 08:34:41 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Here's my sense of the alternate worlds:

(1) Cleveland Cavs. He actually has no interest here, just trying to drum up home town support.

He's not from Cleveland though, or even Ohio, he's from Indiana.  His only tie to Cleveland/Ohio is his one season at Ohio State.  Or is there something I'm missing?

That's still a very strong tie for him.  He loves Ohio.

Does anyone really love Ohio?

I'm kidding.

Kind of.

hahah aw.

I used to live there.  It's a very nice state with great people.  Night and day compared to Mass.  But yeah there isn't much to do.

Cedar point used to be pretty cool, so was the zoo in Cincinnati. And I used to love seeing the Reds play at Riverfront once or twice a year.

Love Cedar Point, was fun as a kid.  That and Indians games were all I needed (was there during the Omar Vizquel, Roberto Alomar, Manny, Lofton, Thome, etc days).

But I digress.  Sorry to get OT just had to defend Ohio   ;D
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2013, 08:36:01 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

(1) Cleveland Cavs. He actually has no interest here, just trying to drum up home town support.

He's not from Cleveland though, or even Ohio, he's from Indiana.  His only tie to Cleveland/Ohio is his one season at Ohio State.  Or is there something I'm missing?

I believe he still lives in Ohio, although I could be wrong on that.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2013, 09:23:01 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

That's still a very strong tie for him.  He loves Ohio.

Does anyone really love Ohio?

I'm kidding.

Kind of.

hahah aw.

I used to live there.  It's a very nice state with great people.  Night and day compared to Mass.  But yeah there isn't much to do.

Cedar point used to be pretty cool, so was the zoo in Cincinnati. And I used to love seeing the Reds play at Riverfront once or twice a year.

Love Cedar Point, was fun as a kid.  That and Indians games were all I needed (was there during the Omar Vizquel, Roberto Alomar, Manny, Lofton, Thome, etc days).

But I digress.  Sorry to get OT just had to defend Ohio   ;D

Rose, Bench, Morgan, Perez, Concepcion. Loved that Big Red Machine.

Tells you how recently I've been to Cedar Point though.

« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 10:00:32 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

(2) Boston Celtics. He comes here only if he get decent money, so the Cs spend the LLE on him and he is injured in pre-season, and never plays an actual game. Cs fans on celticsblog start numerous threads that Danny should be fired bc Danny wasted the LLE on an injury prone player, but see (3) below...

(3) Miami Heat. He joins the Heat for the vet min, misses 10 games, comes off the bench and averages 8pts, 8 boards, helps the Heat win another championship. Cs fans on celticsblog start numerous threads that Danny should be fired bc Danny should have signed him to the LLE, but see (2) above....
TP for the dual realities that are options 2 and 3

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2013, 10:58:15 AM »

Offline ForexPirate

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 19
he probably wants to see if kg is retiring or not ... he can learn a lot from kg moreso than bigs at other destinations mentioned. 

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2013, 11:59:33 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
he probably just wants the best offer, if he waits until the off-season teams can offer the mle, though I wouldn't.

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2013, 01:14:44 PM »

Offline jamala22

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Imagine he comes to the Celtics and lives up to his potential of being the best center prospect since Patrick Ewing, and Jeff Green becomes an all-star, and Rondo learns how to shoot, and they lead us to multiple championships. I can see it.

Best post I've seen on here. Tommy Point!

« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2013, 01:27:37 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Imagine he comes to the Celtics and lives up to his potential of being the best center prospect since Patrick Ewing, and Jeff Green becomes an all-star, and Rondo learns how to shoot, and they lead us to multiple championships. I can see it.

If that happened... Ainge would have to instantly be seen as on an Auerbachian level.   The storyline is too crazy.  In 2007 Boston hopes to land Greg Oden... ends up with #5 Jeff Green and then trades the "future" away for the present.  The present nets them a title and 4 years of being contenders.  Then Ainge trades for Green... a couple years later adds Oden... and they live up to that 2007 potential.  Would be nuts!

don't count on it.

... But it would essentially be like skipping the "building" stage in favor of an awesome present... then riding that until the "future" was ready to be the present.

« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2013, 01:41:52 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

If that happened... Ainge would have to instantly be seen as on an Auerbachian level.   The storyline is too crazy.  In 2007 Boston hopes to land Greg Oden... ends up with #5 Jeff Green and then trades the "future" away for the present.  The present nets them a title and 4 years of being contenders.  Then Ainge trades for Green... a couple years later adds Oden... and they live up to that 2007 potential.  Would be nuts!

don't count on it.

Boston would have took durant in the 2007 draft had they had the 1st pick. Of course if durant was taken they would have took oden.

« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2013, 03:04:50 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

don't count on it.

Boston would have took durant in the 2007 draft had they had the 1st pick. Of course if durant was taken they would have took oden.

Doc has said the opposite, they would have taken Oden he thinks.  I mean it's possible but I think the "Durant for sure" thing is a fabrication. 

I would have taken Oden if I had the pick.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2013, 03:10:36 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86

don't count on it.

Doc has said the opposite, they would have taken Oden he thinks.  I mean it's possible but I think the "Durant for sure" thing is a fabrication. 

I would have taken Oden if I had the pick.

Yes doc wanted oden. Ainge wanted durant. Ainge was even fined 30 thousand for have dinner with durrants mother. And etc

I wouldnt be shocked if stern messed with the lottery because of that

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2013, 04:51:20 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
we need this guy

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2013, 12:53:19 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
Would be a big shock if he chose the Celtics.  Has the chance to play with an up and coming team in the Cavs or with Lebron James in South Beach.  Those are the two places he went to school/grew up as well IIRC.

In the end he's going to go to the Heat.  He's a better fit in Boston or Cleveland, but South Beach, Lebron, and the destination 95% of all players want to play at for the chance of a dynasty.

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

don't count on it.

... But it would essentially be like skipping the "building" stage in favor of an awesome present... then riding that until the "future" was ready to be the present.

Oden's probably toast but Green looks like he has a decent shot of living up to his 2007 potential(take that however you like).

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2013, 01:32:27 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Gotta bring Oden in just in case!