Author Topic: Simple Question: Is Doc a great coach?  (Read 12509 times)

Re: Simple Question: Is Doc a great coach?
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2013, 12:06:32 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
i do think is a much better playoff series coach than regular season
and i think that's because he plays strictly from matchups. and then of course, you play them more than once, you start to understand certain things

and whle we overachieved last year, i think, for a team with a broken PP, Ray, Steamer...we were close to ECF. I mean...we won 3.5 quarters of game 6. then something happened...I have no clue what. It just stopped.

but my point was even tho that happened, we went 6 games with a wack ATL and 7 with the sixers. smh.

i'd be a tinch happier if he utilized the talent before we had an opp to go sub500. i don't think team should've ever been sub 500 unless we lost our first game. we were, as constructed, easily 2 or 3...when Rondo goes down, 3-5. no reason we should be fighting for #7 but we are.

There were various reasons that we were struggling (injuries, people missing rotations on defense, too many players with inconsistent roles/minutes) that would have eventually gone away, in fact most of them have already. Doc was coaching to get the team ready for the playoffs, not necessarily to win as many games as possible during the season.

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2013, 12:10:56 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
and i think that's because he plays strictly from matchups. and then of course, you play them more than once, you start to understand certain things

and whle we overachieved last year, i think, for a team with a broken PP, Ray, Steamer...we were close to ECF. I mean...we won 3.5 quarters of game 6. then something happened...I have no clue what. It just stopped.

but my point was even tho that happened, we went 6 games with a wack ATL and 7 with the sixers. smh.

i'd be a tinch happier if he utilized the talent before we had an opp to go sub500. i don't think team should've ever been sub 500 unless we lost our first game. we were, as constructed, easily 2 or 3...when Rondo goes down, 3-5. no reason we should be fighting for #7 but we are.

There were various reasons that we were struggling (injuries, people missing rotations on defense, too many players with inconsistent roles/minutes) that would have eventually gone away, in fact most of them have already. Doc was coaching to get the team ready for the playoffs, not necessarily to win as many games as possible during the season.

i still don't see us being that seed.
i wonder what we would rank with our record since january

« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2013, 12:14:57 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Yes he is

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

i still don't see us being that seed.
i wonder what we would rank with our record since january

looked it up
not sure how relevant it is, just wanted to share

(as of 2/27)

Heat 20-6 (.769)
Pacers 18-8 (.692)
Nets 18-9 (.667)
Celtics 16-11 (.592)
Bulls 16-12 (.571)
Knicks 13-11 (.541)
Hawks 14-13 (.518)
Wizards 14-14 (.500)
Cavs 13-13 (.500)
Bucks 12-15 (.444)

« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2013, 08:08:29 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
So can we give Doc credit for a smart change up last night in the Warriors game with the zone?  Or was that Thibs again somehow?
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford