Author Topic: Fifty Wins is still possible  (Read 2256 times)

Fifty Wins is still possible
« on: February 26, 2013, 11:25:23 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
We win all twelve remaining home games and go Eight and Five on the road. The four likely road losses are March 6 @ IND, March 10 @ OKC, March 23 @ MEM, April 12 @ MIA....

We were competitive on the latest road trip with chances in Denver and Portland and a quality win in Utah last night. I also think the division title is in play and we have to beat the teams in our division to accomplish winning the division and breaking from the four hole.

Our best basketball is ahead of us. I know that not having Rondo is available is the best thing for us but losing KG or Pierce would be quite bad.

So I say quit whining about KG and Pierce to retire and start pulling for the Celtics wins. 
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Re: Fifty Wins is still possible
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 11:27:35 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
It's probably unlikely that the Celts win 80% of their remaining games, but I hope you're right!

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 11:27:45 AM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
We win all twelve remaining home games and go Eight and Five on the road. The four likely road losses are March 6 @ IND, March 10 @ OKC, March 23 @ MEM, April 12 @ MIA....

We were competitive on the latest road trip with chances in Denver and Portland and a quality win in Utah last night. I also think the division title is in play and we have to beat the teams in our division to accomplish winning the division and breaking from the four hole.

Our best basketball is ahead of us. I know that not having Rondo is available is the best thing for us but losing KG or Pierce would be quite bad.

So I say quit whining about KG and Pierce to retire and start pulling for the Celtics wins.

So wait. They are going to go 20-5 the rest of the season? Just checking.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 11:31:17 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
It's probably unlikely that the Celts win 80% of their remaining games, but I hope you're right!

They went on a similar run their last twenty five games last year, Roy.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 11:35:01 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
i don't think it's impossible. at this point, i'd just like more wins than losses.

i think the biggest difference is that we've been competitive. so if we can keep it going, get these new guys some chemistry, well defined roles and hopefully they play well, too -- then I don't see why we won't at least be competitive.

i  mean a decent rebounding big would've helped us in a lot of our close games. hoping DJ White is that guy

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 11:36:35 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We're a .600-.700 team at home. Winning all 12 games is a stretch,  a 9-3 record is more likely.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 11:38:18 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
We're a .600-.700 team at home. Winning all 12 games is a stretch,  a 9-3 record is more likely.

have you watch this team? lol
going 12-0 is just as likely as them going 0-12
we just have to wait and see

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 11:42:45 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 12:29:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
7 of our 12 remaining home games are vs. teams with better records than us.  Winning all of them seems more than unlikely.  Given that we have more road games than home games remaining, I'd be quite pleased to finish 15-10, and end up with 45 wins.  Even that feels optimistic.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1553

that was last year. too much inconsistency from this ballclub. from the 3 games under.500 to the 3 games over.500 range. back and forth. teetering and tottering. instead of finally putting some distance between us and the 8th seed. i would be ecstatic if we could just finish 10 games over .500

finished 12 over last year. i doubt it happens though this year.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 03:06:59 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I'd love 50, but would be happy with 45, and wouldn't be too disappointed at 42. Let's just get into the playoffs healthy and rested.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 03:09:11 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell

that was last year. too much inconsistency from this ballclub. from the 3 games under.500 to the 3 games over.500 range. back and forth. teetering and tottering. instead of finally putting some distance between us and the 8th seed. i would be ecstatic if we could just finish 10 games over .500

finished 12 over last year. i doubt it happens though this year.

Our schedule sets up favorably now - We have six of the next seven games off to rest and prepare. Most of our remaining games are against our EC peers and lesser teams. The Knicks and Nets both have upcoming brutal west coast trips that give us an opportunity to make up ground quickly in our division. The Knicks are a bit of a disaster right now and the Nets are not that much better. A division title is very much in play and with it comes a fourht or third seed.If we keep our energy level where it is at, I don't see why we can't make a strong run the next four months.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 05:27:51 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
25 games left.

Will we go

20 - 5
15 - 10
10 - 15
5 - 20

I'm hoping its between 15 to 20 wins.
So we can get a good spot in the  playoffs, around 6 or 7 would be nice.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28:45 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Just get the seventh seed. I don't want to waste all our energy.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 06:04:44 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
I believe they are 11-4 since the Rondo injury, a 73% win pct, so while it is unlikely that this continues and they get the 20 wins they need, it is not impossible.