Author Topic: Brandon Bass Should Be A Bench Warmer Not A Starter  (Read 3648 times)

Brandon Bass Should Be A Bench Warmer Not A Starter
« on: February 26, 2013, 01:48:56 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
We Love This Guy But...
Every time We Go Againt's  Those Big
Brandon Bass Seems Lost

Re: Brandon Bass Should Be A Bench Warmer Not A Starter
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 02:31:10 AM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
We Love This Guy But...
Brandon Bass Seems Lost

We all know Bass shouldn't be a starter, but what's your alternative? Green could start in certain matchups, but against Utah and their giant frontline he'd get eaten alive in the post. Bass is the best we have in that situation unfortunately and at least he can body up Milsap and Favors without getting pushed around.

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 02:36:18 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
We Love This Guy But...
Brandon Bass Seems Lost

We all know Bass shouldn't be a starter, but what's your alternative? Green could start in certain matchups, but against Utah and their giant frontline he'd get eaten alive in the post. Bass is the best we have in that situation unfortunately and at least he can body up Milsap and Favors without getting pushed around.

The simple answer is Wilcox should start.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 02:44:41 AM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
We Love This Guy But...
Brandon Bass Seems Lost

Wilcox is a great energy guy, but he's not better than Bass. He doesn't rebound either and he doesn't have a midrange game to draw defenders. Wilcox starting solves nothing offensively and weakens our defense, that would be a step backwards.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 03:03:48 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Sullinger had season ending surgery. The result is bass must start.  Sully was going to be our starter for sure.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 03:55:44 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
We Love This Guy But...
Brandon Bass Seems Lost

Wilcox is a great energy guy, but he's not better than Bass. He doesn't rebound either and he doesn't have a midrange game to draw defenders. Wilcox starting solves nothing offensively and weakens our defense, that would be a step backwards.
This.

I'd also argue theres a certain level of comfort with him out there with the starters right now. I don't think we have a better option, but even if you decided to go with Wilcox that would change the whole dynamic because Wilcox's game is entirely different to Bass's. Whatever minimal upgrade you would get by taking him out of the starting lineup (and I don't think there would be one) would be negated by the growing pains of an unfamiliar lineup.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 07:42:39 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I agree he is a bench guy but we have no one better unless we start Green there. So PP JG KG CL and AB would be your starter.  Ideally, he should come off the bench but we have a big famine.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 07:50:22 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
Sullinger had season ending surgery. The result is bass must start.  Sully was going to be our starter for sure.

I miss Sully  :'(

I was kinda getting use to watching a big that could rebound

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 08:50:59 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
he's the starter for the year.  unless there's some significant changes for next year's team, I think Sully will become the starter at some point once he's shown he's recovered from  his surgery and Bass will be coming off the bench where he'll produce much better results.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 08:52:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Forgot about sully. (Oops). Any word on his surgery on anything?

And I like bass, he is for some reason a likeable player to me. He just really isn't playing well this season. And man are his hands made of stone or what?

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 11:29:56 AM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
I am pulling for Bass to do well so we can trade him at a higher value. I like the kid and was thankful he came back to the Celtics. I just don't think he is the long term solution at PF because he is too small. Sullenger is a good player and our PF for the future.
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 11:35:51 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
We Love This Guy But...
Brandon Bass Seems Lost

i think we get your point, man.
everywhere you're just so anti bass
we get it. and we see it lol

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 11:37:24 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
We Love This Guy But...
Brandon Bass Seems Lost

unless u play Wilcox at the C, which I think he'd have a tinch bit of an advantage cuz of his athleticism/speed and you put KG back at the 4.

Please understand that Wilcox had a solid 25 minutes last night. would've liked more rebounds, but Utah as rebounders. we do not.

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 11:48:42 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I am pulling for Bass to do well so we can trade him at a higher value. I like the kid and was thankful he came back to the Celtics. I just don't think he is the long term solution at PF because he is too small. Sullenger is a good player and our PF for the future.

I am pulling for Sully to successfully return from his back surgery and to keep improving.  He may be the power forward for the future, but some part of me is hoping that we can turn him into our next Al Jefferson. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 12:49:01 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We Love This Guy But...
Brandon Bass Seems Lost

Conveniently omitted from your little snapshot are the 15 pts and the 2 blocks.

In related news, Pierce was horrible yesterday because he had 4 turnovers, 5 fouls, zero steals, and was just 3-10 from three.

::)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."