Author Topic: TWill getting the Darko treatment!  (Read 15673 times)

Re: TWill getting the Darko treatment!
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Yeah, he had a bad game last night, so there's a reason for him not playing. I don't think he should've been benched for the full game, particularly when Doc went with Crawford today, and more importantly, we could've used his size and speed at the wings very badly for defensive purposes.

Green couldn't guard Hayward, Pierce couldn't guard Hayward, Lee did a good job though, all this to say Terrence Williams could've been useful.

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64
hard to trust the game this closed to the new guys..
even Crawford saw minor minutes
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 11:57:52 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Yeah, he had a bad game last night, so there's a reason for him not playing. I don't think he should've been benched for the full game, particularly when Doc went with Crawford today, and more importantly, we could've used his size and speed at the wings very badly for defensive purposes.

Green couldn't guard Hayward, Pierce couldn't guard Hayward, Lee did a good job though, all this to say Terrence Williams could've been useful.

Crawford played limited minutes too. Doc wanted to win his game.

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
yeah idk why doc isnt playing him

Today was very important and Doc could afford to play an eight man rotation with so much rest coming up. It was a must win, and Doc can check out TWill at practice now.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 11:59:22 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Did anyone see how bad Williams was last night?

I didn't, actually.  How bad was he? 

While I agree that sometimes Doc is too quick to put players in the doghouse, Williams career history makes me guess this isn't the first time he's experienced this treatment.

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 11:59:51 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101

I didn't notice. So how bad were you last night? Did anyone notice?

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2013, 12:01:23 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Crawford played limited minutes too. Doc wanted to win his game.

I know. But when you have a 6'6 guy on the bench with his agility, and a 6'8 SG Hayward, who's too mobile for Green and Pierce, it would've been wise to use him.

Playing Green on Hayward, considering how bad he was all game, makes no sense if you actually wanted to win this game. The obvious choice was Williams, and if that's not an option for Doc, then he should've extended Lee's minutes while Hayward was on the floor, and give him that defensive assignment.

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2013, 12:02:13 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
That's it---officially fed up with Doc and his passive aggressive BS! So the kid messed up a little yesterday, his 2nd freakin' game! Put him in the doghouse!! Great!
With rebuilding right around the corner we don't need that king of coaching! Totally upset right now!
He's so talented, but exactly the kind of kid that doesn't need those mind games!

dont think it was the Darko treatment as much as Doc wanted to win this game with those that know the system.

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2013, 12:03:38 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
I blame Doc for a ton of things, he really gets my blood boiling but not for not playing T-Will.  T-Will brought it on himself.  After taking full advantage of his opportunity against Phoenix by passing and taking smart shots, an opportunity that might not have come had KG not been rested, he threw it all away by playing like the worst of Nick Young, selfishly gunning away. 

I haven't gotten what Williams has done with his career at all.  Coming out of Louisville, he was a glue-guy, point-forward who couldn't shoot a lick.  Maybe the worst thing that happened to him was that he improved his shot and fell in love with it.  Even though it still wasn't all that great, it completely changed his mentality into a Nick Young/Michael Beasley type.  With his ability to pass, he should be able to stick in the league yet he doesn't play to his strength.  I hope he gets another opportunity and plays within himself instead of taking contested jumpers but who knows if that will happen.

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2013, 12:03:53 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54

well thats an awful argument
see: Brandon Bass

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2013, 12:05:06 AM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
I don't think "play badly and you'll play little if at all" really constitutes "head games" for a 10-day contract guy.   Seems pretty standard to me.

I don't constitute him as a 10-day contract guy, though. He just has so much talent and athleticism. He's potentially our back up point guard and could blossom. I feel like he's as much a prospect as Jeff Green right now.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2013, 12:05:53 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think "play badly and you'll play little if at all" really constitutes "head games" for a 10-day contract guy.   Seems pretty standard to me.
Yeah, plus he's our 4th/5th guard between him and crawford?

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2013, 12:06:06 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Honestly, if T-Will is getting the Darko treatment, it could simply be that, like Darko, he has a lot of talent but also a lot of mental / attitude issues that have taken away from his ability to stick on a competitive team with a deep roster.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2013, 12:07:19 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Dog house?  I don't expect Williams to be a part of the eight or nine man rotation when it counts, except for in emergency situations.  I liked the way Doc employed his roster tonight.  This was an important game to get a win to end up this road trip on a positive note with three days rest coming up before returning home. 

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2013, 12:08:23 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

well thats an awful argument
see: Brandon Bass
Brandon Bass has been with the team since last year and proven a lot more to Doc.

Besides he's had his minutes pulled too, when Sullinger was healthy he'd get glued to the bench if he played poorly.