Author Topic: Tom Brady extension  (Read 10560 times)

Re: Tom Brady extension
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2013, 03:38:06 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
One other additional piece to this is that I think Lloyd is probably gone.  He is owed 4.5 million next year and I think the pats will probably move Hernandez to that position and line up with Ballard and Gronk as the two tight ends.

If anything, though, it is now *more likely* that the Pats keep Lloyd, since the Pats now have more room.

Not saying Lloyd won't be cut, but disagree (respectfully) with your reasoning.

I agree with Rondo on this.  Unless Lloyd renegotiates his contract to lower the cap hit, I think he's gone.  They're not going to want to tie up that much money with that production.

I agree that Lloyd is likely to be cut. I don't agree that Brady's new contract makes him "more likely" to be cut. All else equal, it should be the other way around.

But, I see Rondo's follow up point: namely, if Brady didn't renegotiate, Pats would keep Lloyd and let go Welker. Now that Brady renegotiated, Pats more likely to keep Welker, hence less need for Lloyd.

Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2013, 06:09:25 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Anybody else here not sold on using our cap space to resign vollmer?  I just feel like he is always hurt and some of the money that I have been reading about for him doesnt seem worth it when you consider how often Cannon was already playing for him
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2013, 07:04:24 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Anybody else here not sold on using our cap space to resign vollmer?  I just feel like he is always hurt and some of the money that I have been reading about for him doesnt seem worth it when you consider how often Cannon was already playing for him

I think Vollmer, Lloyd, and Chung are gone.  I think Welker, Woodhead, and Talib come back.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2013, 04:12:32 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
I don't know if Cannon is ready to take over, I always imagined him moving to the interior given his style and size, but I'm definitely not sold resigning Vollmer. I'm not against it, but I think Dante has done an amazing job keeping our o-line playing at such a high level even with all the moving pieces. And our defense needs far more work than the offense. Spending the money there (corner/safety/coverage lb) would probably make more of an impact.