Author Topic: Doc starts Coaching Celts start Losing  (Read 7599 times)

Doc starts Coaching Celts start Losing
« on: February 25, 2013, 09:53:09 PM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
Have anyone else witnessed what I've been seeing... When this new without Rondo group started playing these guys were playing freely, running, pushing the ball & just finding the open man. = WINNING

Now that Doc has has few practices in with this new group teaching them how to run plays without Rondo they started struggling = losing

Doc simply needs to stop coaching & tell the guys just run & find the open man

Re: Doc starts Coaching Celts start Losing
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 10:16:14 PM »

Offline Q_FBE

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 243
Are you positive the schedule has nothing to do with it?
The beatings will continue until morale improves

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 12:27:46 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Have anyone else witnessed what I've been seeing... When this new without Rondo group started playing these guys were playing freely, running, pushing the ball & just finding the open man. = WINNING

Now that Doc has has few practices in with this new group teaching them how to run plays without Rondo they started struggling = losing

i absolutely agree and have been preaching this board wise
unfortunately, everyone seems to overrate Doc as well as 2013 KG and PP, so you won't get much feedback here lol

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 12:31:10 AM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830

i absolutely agree and have been preaching this board wise
unfortunately, everyone seems to overrate Doc as well as 2013 KG and PP, so you won't get much feedback here lol

I don't think "feedback" means what you think it does.

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:32:34 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
The C's, sadly, will win another title when doc is no longer coach. :-\

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 12:38:17 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Great plan.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 01:01:53 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I keep saying the intelligence of Celtics' fans is vastly overrated.  Proof at it's best

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 01:03:48 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
There's a real lack of perception happening here, cuz Doc never stopped coaching ... I think folks need to look a little closer, or maybe are misinterpreting what was being said by him and the press.
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 01:16:48 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

I dunno....I got nothin....There have been posts on here lately that have just boggled my mind.

I'd like for some of these threads to provide a better alternative to doc rivers as a coach right now.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 01:19:59 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Are you positive the schedule has nothing to do with it?
Couldn't be, I mean long winning stretches happening during long homestands and then struggles on long road trips aren't in any way related.

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 04:02:16 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Having them run and play a little more free IS Doc coaching. Without a pure PG to run things through he is working out ways to get better ball movement and try to run more so we don't get stuck in half court sets.

You can't beat good teams without a game plan, this isn't street ball. And the Celtics certainly don't have enough pure talent through its roster to go out there and wing it day in and day out and expect to be competitive against teams that are going to have schemes to take advantage of their weaknesses.

Maybe Doc is overrated in Celtics fans' eyes but even still that would make him a well above average nba coach.

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 07:18:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Having them run and play a little more free IS Doc coaching. Without a pure PG to run things through he is working out ways to get better ball movement and try to run more so we don't get stuck in half court sets.

You can't beat good teams without a game plan, this isn't street ball. And the Celtics certainly don't have enough pure talent through its roster to go out there and wing it day in and day out and expect to be competitive against teams that are going to have schemes to take advantage of their weaknesses.

Maybe Doc is overrated in Celtics fans' eyes but even still that would make him a well above average nba coach.
No-no-no, you missed the memo. When we win, our players are great. When we lose, it's Doc's coaching.

(oh, and when we tie a game, it's time to wake up  ;D)
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2013, 07:48:31 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
We should just fire Doc and run no plays. We can be like the Heat? From a few.years ago...didn't they do something like if you grab a rebound you get to shoot the next shot?

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2013, 08:11:34 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
hahah wow this thread.  Talk about twisting anything to reach your desired conclusion.

Doc wins with a Rondo-less lineup: he isn't coaching.
Doc loses with a Rondo-less lineup: he is coaching.

Because of course practice is the only time NBA coaches coach their teams.

Doc has been telling them to play freely ever since Rondo went down.  In the Phoenix game everyone said they weren't running plays so much as just figuring out match ups, being aggressive.  That's why Jeff Green kept getting fed.

But hey, keep finding ways to twist things to fit your points.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2013, 08:16:22 AM »

Offline connor

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37

No-no-no, you missed the memo. When we win, our players are great. When we lose, it's Doc's coaching.

(oh, and when we tie a game, it's time to wake up  ;D)
Sorry I'm new and haven't been fully indoctrinated yet  ;) I'll be sure to blame doc from this point forward though.