Author Topic: DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?  (Read 1509 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Texstyles

  • Jared Sullinger
  • Posts: 375
  • Tommy Points: 41
DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?
« on: February 25, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »
Does anyone know if DJ White will be ready to go tonight ?  Also I am seein no news on  Buyouts out there has anyone heard anything ?

Offline Texstyles

  • Jared Sullinger
  • Posts: 375
  • Tommy Points: 41
Re: DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 08:09:26 PM »
Found answer to one of my questions.

A. Sherrod Blakely‏@SherrodbCSN

#Celticstalk: #Celtics still awaiting clearance papers on D.J. White. Might not be signed until date closer to their next game on Friday.



 

Offline eugen

  • Bill Walton
  • *
  • Posts: 1191
  • Tommy Points: 34
Re: DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 08:17:07 PM »
Any news on Buyout Bigs ?

What do you mean bigsÉ

Offline Texstyles

  • Jared Sullinger
  • Posts: 375
  • Tommy Points: 41
Re: DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 11:59:40 PM »
Bigs that are going to be bought out b4 march 1st

Offline crownontherocks

  • Rajon Rondo
  • Posts: 805
  • Tommy Points: 49
Re: DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 03:32:08 PM »
D.J. White has finally received a letter of clearance from China and will sign with the Celtics within 24 hours, sources tell Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
White has been with the Celtics for a little bit while awaiting the actual letter and will soon be added to the roster on a 10-day deal. He'll give the Celtics depth up front but won't affect any fantasy league.

Adrian Wojnarowski

Offline ssspence

  • Jim Loscutoff
  • ****
  • Posts: 4533
  • Tommy Points: 261
  • James Naismith to Dickey Betts for the jam.....
Re: DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 04:10:20 PM »
I'm a little surprised they don't 10-day a C from the d-league as well...


Offline TheGreenMonster

  • Courtney Lee
  • Posts: 166
  • Tommy Points: 21
Re: DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 04:46:14 PM »
I'm a little surprised they don't 10-day a C from the d-league as well...

They offered one to Tim Ohlbrecht but he turned it down and got a 3 year deal with the Rockets.

Offline erisred

  • Jeff Green
  • Posts: 539
  • Tommy Points: 32
Re: DJ White ? and Any news on Buyout Bigs ?
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2013, 04:58:35 PM »
If a player on an NBA roster isn't waived before 3/1 he can't be signed and play in the playoffs. Danny will wait to see who is waived today and tomorrow and then who clears waivers (48 hours after being waived) before offering the vet min to anyone. So, Danny will probably wait until March 4th before signing the 15th man.

If no one better than a d-leaguer is waived Danny might make an offer Friday or Saturday. Or later, or not at all.

Offline kozlodoev

  • Don Nelson
  • ********
  • Posts: 8794
  • Tommy Points: 469
Managing Rilski Sportist to glory at http://www.buzzerbeater.com

 

Hello! Guest

Welcome to the CelticsBlog Forums.

Welcome to CelticsBlog