Author Topic: How do you feel about seeing the Pacers on the road in the first round?  (Read 5643 times)

Re: How do you feel about seeing the Pacers on the road in the first round?
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2013, 09:02:56 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
The only team that scares me is Miami, and I feel like we match up pretty well with them.  We'll miss Rondo for sure, though.

I learned last year that this Pacers team will never take advantage of their strengths.  They were up 2-1 against a Bosh-less Miami, posting up everyone and dominating the inside.  For some reason, the rest of the series they thought it would be more fun to jack up jumpers and try to beat Miami by making threes.  How'd that turn out?  Oh right, 4-2 Miami.

Any Carmelo-led team will never win an NBA title.  He will forever be a loser, and the rest of the Knicks team does not scare me one bit.

Atlanta has Josh Smith, who likes to take jumpers at the worst possible time.  Their supporting cast is rather weak, so they don't scare me.

Milwaukee has two great guards.  Good thing we have Bradley and Lee.  Next.

Brooklyn has a backcourt that hasn't lived up to expectations, and is soft on the inside.  Can't forget the punk Wallace.  We'd beat them, too.

Chicago is very good, and I think we'd lose to them, but the one advantage we have (this is based on my opinion that Rose will not come back for the playoffs) is that we can get buckets when we need them.  I'm not so sure the Bulls can.

Overall, I think we can beat any team in the East except for Miami and Chicago.

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 09:03:13 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I have zero worries about the Pacers.

Why doesn't that surprise me.

Obviously because you took a look at their team, took a look at our team, and realized we'd beat their asses?

Lol yeah, totally.

Seriously, you guys are putting too much stock on the "hey look at their record vs our record, they're a better team!!!!" rationalization.

You know what teams worry me? The Bucks, Knicks, Nets, and to a lesser extent Atlanta.

Pacers worry me none, Chicago worries me none. Miami doesn't either, they have some dominant forces that are worrying, but I'm confident in our ability to perform against them, you know what you have to do with them, there's no uncertainty on what you have to do against them to win. If we manage it or not, it's nothing for me to worry about.
so the team that has beaten Boston in each of the last two years, that has only gotten better while Boston has gotten worse, doesn't worry you.  Please share whatever you have been taking because it is clearly working as you are clearly separated from your senses.

I don't think we've gotten worse for starters, and secondly, this team has been mainly built with beating Miami in mind, so we have a lot of tools to counteract their main strengths.

It's the series I'm going to miss Rondo the most, but our defense on Wade will be very key, as well as our superior 2nd units vs theirs which are slow and offensively limited.

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 09:20:48 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Pacers would be a very tough match up.

Id honestly rather have Miami in the first. As good as they are, we can slow their tempo down if we play right.

Indy like playing slow. Add the fact that thwy have size, we'll get killed.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 09:54:03 AM »

Offline 33_Larry Legend_33

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 87
We're not winning against Miami or Indy in the first round.  This thing will end this year, and then let the "will KG retire" threads appear by the zillions, along with the "will PP walk away" ones, and then the "should we trade rondo?" stuff will come by the truckloads, along with the "will sully ever be able to play again?" ones as well...

i'm excited as punch just thinking about what will happen at this site as it's so predictable it isn't even funny...

but we're not beating Indiana as that team is hungry this year and we just don't have the horses...

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 10:10:52 AM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Very uncomfortable. Pacers are the second best team in the East without question, and their bigs are just too talented. We could really use a certain power forward on the Pacers right about now.... ::)

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 10:14:07 AM »

Offline edwardjkasche

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 38
I want the Knicks.  They're an old team that is built most nights around one go-to scorer.

And, the Celtics will "get up" for the Knicks.  I have a feeling we wouldn't "get up" fast enough for Indy, and we'd find ourselves in a 0-2 hole.

We can beat the Knicks in a series, especially after we take one in the Garden.  Especially if we can make one or two games "Carmelo against the Celtics" games.  It's what we used to do to LeBron in Cleveland.

The Knicks still haven't proven themselves, not even to us.  They've lost to us without Rondo on the floor.  They know what Pierce can do in the Garden.

I would be happy if this year's playoffs had us knocking off the Knicks and falling in the 2nd round.  [Of course, I want to go farther, but I'm realistic.]

I also think the Cs can beat Brooklyn, Atlanta, and the Bucks, not that we'll be playing any of them in the first round.

Miami, Indy, and Chicago will pose problems (in any round).

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 10:18:37 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Celtics can take out the Pacers.  Feel pretty good about that although it certainly won't be easy.

The only team I really want to avoid in the East right now is the Heat.  Celtics can take down any other teams although you'd probably be looking at 6-7 game series against the likes of Indiana, Chicago, or Brooklyn. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 11:46:22 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah, the more I think about this, the more I think Indiana is a HORRIBLE match-up for the Celtics.

The key here is that Indiana has alot of size and athleticism (Paul George, Hansborough, Hibbert, West, Granger and Hill.)

On the Celts, we only have 3 guys with either size or athleticism and that's KG, Jeff Green and Wilcox.

The Pacers can also score in bunches with the likes of Granger, who they just got back.

We did beat Indy earlier in the season but that's when we had fresher legs and they weren't as good as they are now.

We'll see them in a couple weeks which should be a good test, but thinking about a 7 game series vs them is a scary thought.

I think we match-up better with the Knicks and Nets because they are more similar to us. A team full of veterans that basicaly play half-court offense and can either sink or swim on any given night.

« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2013, 12:46:02 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Garnett will cause Hibbert a lot more problems than Hibbert will cause Garnett.

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 01:34:51 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Celtics can take out the Pacers.  Feel pretty good about that although it certainly won't be easy.

The only team I really want to avoid in the East right now is the Heat.  Celtics can take down any other teams although you'd probably be looking at 6-7 game series against the likes of Indiana, Chicago, or Brooklyn.

All tho I believe they CAN, I also believe the pacers can take out the celtics. This celtics team can lose to anyone come playoff time. *Almost* They just aren't that good on the road or period to just say they are for certain going to beat anyone.

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 01:57:30 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be

All tho I believe they CAN, I also believe the pacers can take out the celtics. This celtics team can lose to anyone come playoff time. *Almost* They just aren't that good on the road or period to just say they are for certain going to beat anyone.

Sure they can.  I think just about every team in the East can take out any other team in the East with the exception of Miami.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team