Author Topic: Time to give the Perk-Green trade talk a break.  (Read 11379 times)

Time to give the Perk-Green trade talk a break.
« on: February 24, 2013, 05:26:18 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Do we really need to rehash this every time someone has a good or bad stretch?

Is there really anything new to say?

Has anyone involved in this changed their opinion?   

No. 

Instead we hear the same pointless bickering over and over from the same posters again and again (and yes, I get sucked in more then I want to be)

Give it a break.  (not a mod order, just frustrated at looking at the level of "I told you so" and "you lack understanding of basketball" comments.  The "stats" and "beyond stats" argument)

No one is going to change their mind.  No one is going to come up with a new proof. 

Just let it go. 

(now the mod warning.  Do not make a single argument for the trade vs. against the trade on here.  I will delete it.  And any comment I see that I take as a personal attack on anyone will be treated as a post warning attack)

Re: Time to give the Perk-Green trade talk a break.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 05:35:35 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
(now the mod warning.  Do not make a single argument for the trade vs. against the trade on here.  I will delete it.  And any comment I see that I take as a personal attack on anyone will be treated as a post warning attack)

If we can't talk about the trade, I guess the purpose of this thread is to discuss whether the other threads are constructive or not? 

I'd say that rehashing the trade gets annoying sometimes, but when we find topics irritating or repetitive, we're all free to avoid them.  I don't like silly trade proposal threads, so I usually don't even look at them.  Doesn't have to be any different here, especially since it seems to be confined to one thread right now. 

I'd also add that a lot of posters don't spend as much time here as you or I, so what seems like the same recycled arguments to us may be fresh conversation topics for them.

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Keep it in one thread. No need to make thirty threads about the same topic.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 05:38:30 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

If we can't talk about the trade, I guess the purpose of this thread is to discuss whether the other threads are constructive or not? 

I'd say that talk of the trade gets annoying sometimes, but when we find topics irritating or repetitive, we're all free to avoid them.  I don't like silly trade proposal threads, so I usually don't even look at them.  Doesn't have to be any different here, especially since it seems to be confined to one thread right now. 

I'd also add that a lot of posters don't spend as much time here as you or I, so what seems like the same recycled arguments to us may be fresh conversation topics for them.

If it was new posters all the time, I would agree with the last part, but it's not.  It is the same posters that get sucked in time after time. 

And I didn't say this was a rule or site issue.  It is just a repetitive annoyance around here that I am venting about in a hopefully constructive way without interrupting that actual discussion. 

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 05:24:43 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
my two cents....

it is an interesting discussion and one that played/plays a big change in dynamic of the franchise, both when it happened and the future. 

censorship is not the solution.  make one designated thread about that topic. if people dont follow the rules of the blog in that thread, do what mods do. 

my two cents

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 05:40:27 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
my two cents....

it is an interesting discussion and one that played/plays a big change in dynamic of the franchise, both when it happened and the future. 

censorship is not the solution.  make one designated thread about that topic. if people dont follow the rules of the blog in that thread, do what mods do. 

my two cents

Please show me at any point where censorship came in? 

Did I shut down those threads?  Did I go on there and change the topic?  Did I troll those threads? 

Please do not get on the "censorship" horse with me and try to derail this thread.

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 05:43:40 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
my two cents....

my two cents

Please show me at any point where censorship came in? 

Did I shut down those threads?  Did I go on there and change the topic?  Did I troll those threads? 

Please do not get on the "censorship" horse with me and try to derail this thread.

maybe i am misinterpreting it then.  i was under the assumption you wanted to stop all green/perkins trade talk.

im not "trying to derail" the thread, was just giving my opinion that having one green/perk trade thread would probably be the best solution instead of encouraging people not to discuss it.

was just providing a possible solution to appease ur frustrations and thos that would want to discuss/read about the trade
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 05:50:22 PM by dark_lord »

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 10:49:02 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

I'd say that talk of the trade gets annoying sometimes, but when we find topics irritating or repetitive, we're all free to avoid them.  I don't like silly trade proposal threads, so I usually don't even look at them.  Doesn't have to be any different here, especially since it seems to be confined to one thread right now. 

If it was new posters all the time, I would agree with the last part, but it's not.  It is the same posters that get sucked in time after time. 

And I didn't say this was a rule or site issue.  It is just a repetitive annoyance around here that I am venting about in a hopefully constructive way without interrupting that actual discussion.

I've gotten to the point now where I've given up because I don't think there should even be an argument any more.

I'll leave it there.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2013, 11:27:32 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
OK, so now we are now arguing about whether we can argue about something. This has reached a whole new level.

For my part, I don't mind it if people want to keep arguing about the same thing. What annoys me is when someone hijacks a completely unrelated thread by inserting a random Perk/Green trade reference that sends everyone off.

But as long as people don't do that and instead confine their bickering to the right places, they can have at it. I mean, if we limited over-reactions to a few good/bad games by Celtic (or former Celtic) players here, about 80% of threads about players (and the team overall) would disappear. This place is like a Master's seminar in bipolar disorder.

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 11:40:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
This place is like a Master's seminar in bipolar disorder.

I love your posts  :-[
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 12:03:21 AM »

Offline ItStaysYang

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Then for what purpose did you make this thread? Purely for attention?

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:25 AM »

Offline 1dude

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 1
I love the perk-green trade!

LOL

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 12:20:45 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
that trade would have been a home-freakin-run had Shaq stayed healthy. 

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
One good way to get people to not talk about something is to not start a thread about it.

Can we end the talk about no longer discussing the Perk-Green trade?
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2013, 12:53:40 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
 ;D