Author Topic: Brandon Bass's Celtics Tenure  (Read 7468 times)

Re: Brandon Bass's Celtics Tenure
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2013, 08:18:04 AM »

Offline celticsleyte

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
I'm somewhat surprised at the timing of the critique he's getting on this thread since he's been pretty solid recently.

Hope he proves all you wrong and continues being awesome.

Agreed. He's been destroying the boards lately.
I like the physical play recently. Kick some ass Sea Bass.

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2013, 08:22:51 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I'm somewhat surprised at the timing of the critique he's getting on this thread since he's been pretty solid recently.

6 rebounds and 25.4 minutes a game in March is destroying the boards.  He also averaged 6 boards over his last 7 games in February.  I just don't get the hyperbole with Bass.  He is what has always been.  A decent shooter that tries hard but doesn't do much else. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:32 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
If only he was making that jumper this year....

The big fish has lost his confidence.

That's my big issue with him.

He is tentative to shoot open jumpers and his percentage is down.

I think his defense is worse, but really I'd take some of the other issues if he was hitting his jumper.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2013, 08:43:19 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367

6 rebounds and 25.4 minutes a game in March is destroying the boards.  He also averaged 6 boards over his last 7 games in February.  I just don't get the hyperbole with Bass.  He is what has always been.  A decent shooter that tries hard but doesn't do much else.

Well, at least he hasn't been missing his defensive assignments.

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2013, 08:45:53 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
He is what has always been.  A decent shooter that tries hard but doesn't do much else.
I've mentioned this in other threads, but the problem to me is precisely that he tries too hard.

Last season, his mind was pretty set: spot up at the foul line extended, shoot it if open.

This year, every time he gets the ball he tries to drive. I get it that he's trying to do the right thing (get easy layups), but it definitely looks like he's out of his comfort zone, and it's destroying the rhythm of his jump shot.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2013, 09:16:18 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
He is what has always been.  A decent shooter that tries hard but doesn't do much else.
I've mentioned this in other threads, but the problem to me is precisely that he tries too hard.

Last season, his mind was pretty set: spot up at the foul line extended, shoot it if open.

This year, every time he gets the ball he tries to drive. I get it that he's trying to do the right thing (get easy layups), but it definitely looks like he's out of his comfort zone, and it's destroying the rhythm of his jump shot.

He seems hesitant on the shot to and actually seems like he's been blocked on that jumper a bit more this year.

He seems scared to shoot. Its his lowest fga per 36 min in his career for a team that needs scoring and has lost scoring due to injuries and age.

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2013, 09:24:44 AM »

Offline beklog

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 64

i guess seeing Green/Sully cutting down his minutes he's trying to add those lay-ups or post up moves on his arsenal.. which end up loosing the ball or being blocked
Amateurs worry about equipment, professionals worry about money, masters worry about light… I just take pictures…