Author Topic: Bradley starting to feel it offensively ?  (Read 1705 times)

Bradley starting to feel it offensively ?
« on: February 26, 2013, 07:13:57 AM »

Offline masteremile123

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I'm starting to feel that bradley is getting better offensively as the season moves on (wich should be natural coming off double shoulder surgeries). He is averaging 11.4 ppg the last 10 games. So what do you think ? Will bradley ever become a 15 ppg scorer or is this his ceiling ?

Re: Bradley starting to feel it offensively ?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 07:15:40 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
starting to feel it offensively ?
Is this code speak for "stopping to chuck bad shots"?
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 07:24:31 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
He's 22yo and already a career .455/.331 guard who got slotted back into the starting lineup as soon as he recovered from an 8-month layoff.

Patience.

His 2pt% and FT% are up in February over January, but his 3PT% is down.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 07:27:56 AM »

Offline masteremile123

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
I think the "chucking" is because he is making the shots in practice , just missing them in the game , kinda like last year .

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Just don't shoot so much, let Green, Lee, Wilcox, Bass shoot more. Bradley can shoot seven shots a game or so. Always shoot the corner three when open. And ATTCK! :)

He's suffered from Rondo being out,
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:56:04 AM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
His last ten games his shooting % is up but his three point shooting is down. Also his assist to turnover ratio is awful

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2013, 07:56:44 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I don't think so. I believe he is a streaky shooter like Barbosa. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 08:08:25 AM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
I think the "chucking" is because he is making the shots in practice , just missing them in the game , kinda like last year .

Basically.

The same thing happened last year: his shot improved over time.

And as I've said before, the main thing Bradley was lauded for coming into the NBA was his mid range jump shot, over his defense even.  So he has the ability.

I don't think so. I believe he is a streaky shooter like Barbosa. Sometimes hot, sometimes cold.

Maybe he is a bit streaky, but Barbosa is actually just a good shooter.  His three point percentage is in line with Jason Terry's.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 08:53:50 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Last night was the first time I actually think he looked comfortable out there on offense and looked for his offense.  He actually looked like a starting-quality SG.  I don't really care about his average as long as he's producing within the flow of the offense.

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2013, 09:00:16 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Don't get the people who complain about this kid
great defensive young role player who does nothing but play hard every minute he plays and makes as big an impact on every game as anyone. If we have any chance to do any damage he will have to continue to improve and play his d....

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2013, 09:03:17 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

Basically.

The same thing happened last year: his shot improved over time.

And as I've said before, the main thing Bradley was lauded for coming into the NBA was his mid range jump shot, over his defense even.  So he has the ability.
So it's just a coincidence that he started making more when he went back to the type of shots we know he can make? (corner threes, mid-ranged jump shots from the wings, one-dribble pull-ups, relatively open layups)

I'm not buying it. I think it's a direct results from not shooting long three-pointers and driving into traffic where he can't finish.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2013, 09:34:45 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
Just don't shoot so much, let Green, Lee, Wilcox, Bass shoot more. Bradley can shoot seven shots a game or so. Always shoot the corner three when open. And ATTCK! :)

He's suffered from Rondo being out,

Didn't I read where Doc recently told Lee and Bradley that he wanted them both taking more shots?