Author Topic: Will Bynum punches Tyler Hansbrough  (Read 5889 times)

Re: Will Bynum punches Tyler Hansbrough
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2013, 02:53:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If you're gonna punch someone, make it worth it Will Bynum.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2013, 03:03:37 PM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Punk play.  Down by 20 so you cheap shot someone?  Try playing better.  Should get a 20 game suspension.

So Rondo should have for a 20 game suspension for pushing Kris? Sigh.

Tyler is a pretty cheap kid. I don't like his style. KGesque.

Exactly. I'm assuming anyone that doesn't like Hansborough probably hates KG because Tyler plays with that same intensity. Toes that same line between aggressive and out of line. I'd take Hansborough on my team ANY day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2013, 03:26:24 PM »

Offline twistedrico14

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
That was cheap.

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 03:27:56 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Punk play.  Down by 20 so you cheap shot someone?  Try playing better.  Should get a 20 game suspension.

Push vs punch.  I'd also say an incredibly big difference is if there is a play instigating an altercation.  An understandable response for a player knocking down a player is for his teammate to push the offending player.  Punching someone in the stomach for a moving screen doesn't seem in any way an appropriate response.

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 03:29:46 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Exactly. I'm assuming anyone that doesn't like Hansborough probably hates KG because Tyler plays with that same intensity. Toes that same line between aggressive and out of line. I'd take Hansborough on my team ANY day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I have to disagree here. It's a very different kind of intensity. KG plays to win, and he does whatever he can do to win, including getting inside players' heads to get them off their game.

Psycho T, on the other hand, is a punk. The best example I can give of this is the C's-Pacers game at the Garden this January. The Pacers were down 10-20 or so, but Tyler was throwing down two-handed dunks and hanging on the rim for a few extra seconds. It was a classless move and it's stuff like that that's made him so disliked.

So they may both be hated, but one is hated because he's good at what he does and the other is hated because he thinks he's hot stuff.

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

Yeah, would have been better if it had been a below-the-belt nut-shot.  That's what I would in his place.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 03:42:24 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

I have to disagree here. It's a very different kind of intensity. KG plays to win, and he does whatever he can do to win, including getting inside players' heads to get them off their game.

Psycho T, on the other hand, is a punk. The best example I can give of this is the C's-Pacers game at the Garden this January. The Pacers were down 10-20 or so, but Tyler was throwing down two-handed dunks and hanging on the rim for a few extra seconds. It was a classless move and it's stuff like that that's made him so disliked.

So they may both be hated, but one is hated because he's good at what he does and the other is hated because he thinks he's hot stuff.

This. Psycho-T's one move is standing behind the opposition guy on rebounds, shoving him hard in the back and then grabbing the rebound. He is truly terrible.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 03:51:54 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170

TP. Disgusting comparison.

Psycho-Bum is just a pretender, and the Pacers should've packed him with Granger before the injury. And he is Wade dirty, he's not Garnett or even Noah... just the other day he took Valanciunas to the ground:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyf6Qr6PAAQ

disgusting

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 03:54:08 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
5 games, that's my guess.

On a personal level, I can't stand Hansbrough.  Tar Heel scum!

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 03:58:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

This is just disrespectful.  In no way does KG deserve the indignity of being compared to "Useless-T".

KG's "gamesmanship" is a small part of his game that he uses to gain an advantage over weaker minded players.  Hansbrough does what he does because he can't do anything else.  It is the only reason he is in the league.

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 04:03:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Yeah, would have been better if it had been a below-the-belt nut-shot.  That's what I would in his place.

Completely off-topic, but I had a daydream after watching the video that started with that same thought.

Then, it kind of spiraled, I'd recently read this article featuring what it was like for Craigh Elho to guard MJ, and I'd recently watched this movie about a fictional portrayal of the life of a hockey fighter. Both, by the way, are excellent, and worth watching/reading.

So I made up a little internet comedy short in my head. It starts with testimony from coaches, experts, former players, etc on how hard it is to guard LeBron James. Stuff like, "First, he can get his shot off on anyone. He's either faster, stronger, or taller than anyone in the league who would realistically be guarding him.." and other things of that ilk.

Then, the narrator starts talking about the one man who could guard LeBron James, and starts listing stats like, against Scrotey McBoogerballs, LeBron James shot a career of just 39% from the field, a career worst against any player, or team. He wasn't the fastest guy, he wasn't the smartest guy (now, they show a picture of a goofy looking white guy, with Horace Grant googles, headband, too-tight jersey obviously hiding a paunch). "He was arguably the least athletic guy in the entire league," someone, maybe Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich, would say.

"So why," the narrator would ask, "was he so effective? We went to find out."

(Cut to Scrotey McBoogerballs, in a diner, fatter than in his playing days, smoking a cigarette and eating a doughnut)

"How'd I do it?" he'd ask, "Easy. Nut-taps. Cup-checks. Sack-shots. Whatever you want to call them, everytime LeBron would shoot, I'd get him in the wedding tackle."

Now, show a series of highlights, that only show the players from the stomach area-up, LeBron in the midst of shooting, grimace of pain on his face, Scrotey with one hand in the air to seemingly challenge the shot, one hand off-screen. They'd pan down to an obvious nut-shot.

That's about as far as I got with the day dream. Your move, Funny or Die.   

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 06:54:56 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
I was hoping this was Malice in the Palace part two.
As much as I hate psycho T, he's just doing what he knows best. So still a lot of respect, if he gets under peoples skin, good for him. He's in this league for that reason.

Will Bynum lost it though. Can't be punching people like that.

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 07:00:40 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

This is just disrespectful.  In no way does KG deserve the indignity of being compared to "Useless-T".

KG's "gamesmanship" is a small part of his game that he uses to gain an advantage over weaker minded players.  Hansbrough does what he does because he can't do anything else.  It is the only reason he is in the league.

OK then. Tyler just sucks ;) Never really liked him (after he beat up on my Spartans :()
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 07:08:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
bynum with a dirty play right out of D Wade playbook

this is why I worry about AB play n hard.   People take offense to play b hard defense in the NBA....... 

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 07:23:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Raison 344 I would be a better commissioner than Stern....in my league Bynum gets a $10,000 bonus and Tyler gets told to shut the hell up because he was long overdue. This is simply a matter of being able to take what you dish out.