Author Topic: The celtics are staying at my hotel  (Read 4448 times)

The celtics are staying at my hotel
« on: February 23, 2013, 11:05:13 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Drove down from Seattle to Portland to catch the celtics game tomorrow and hang out for the weekend.  Been here since yesterday.  Just got back to the hotel after dinner to find that the entire team is staying here.  Kinda cool.  I met Bradley and melo in the elevator... My buddy met pierce in the hallway.  I gave scal shoutout and shook cedrick maxwells hand in the lobby. Trying hard not to be an annoying fan and respect their space but I keep bumping into people.

I'm pumped for the game tomorrow!

Re: The celtics are staying at my hotel
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 11:07:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Drove down from Seattle to Portland to catch the celtics game tomorrow and hang out for the weekend.  Been here since yesterday.  Just got back to the hotel after dinner to find that the entire team is staying here.  Kinda cool.  I met Bradley and melo in the elevator... My buddy met pierce in the hallway.  I gave scal shoutout and shook cedrick maxwells hand in the lobby. Trying hard not to be an annoying fan and respect their space but I keep bumping into people.

Probably the coolest experience ever. LUCKY.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 11:11:50 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
You downtown, LarBrd?

If you're a fan of beers, drop by Belmont Station on the east side, and/or John's Marketplace in the SW before you head back up to Seattle. Big bottle selections.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 11:14:56 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
That is really awesome! If I were in your shoes, I probably couldn't help but be the most annoying fan on the planet!

Btw, how big was Melo in real life?
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 11:16:34 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish

Probably the coolest experience ever. LUCKY.

There are a few autograph hounds outside the hotel waiting for them.  We were hanging out and drinking in the hotel lounge
area and saw pretty much every player pass by over the course of a half hour.   It would have been pretty easy to walk up to them and ask for a pic or something, but I don't want to bug them.  Pretty awesome surprise.  Hard not to get excited.  I did chat with melo and Bradley briefly when I was stuck with them on an elevator... And couldn't resist shaking maxwells hand as I walked by him in the lobby.   

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 11:17:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
pix pix...get pix!!!  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 11:21:59 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
You downtown, LarBrd?

If you're a fan of beers, drop by Belmont Station on the east side, and/or John's Marketplace in the SW before you head back up to Seattle. Big bottle selections.
We are trying to hit up everything we can.  We are like a mile away from the rose garden...  My favorite bar so far is ground control ... The arcade/bar.   Pretty sweet ... Do you live here or have you just visited??

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
wow thats amazing

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 11:25:28 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
That is really awesome! If I were in your shoes, I probably couldn't help but be the most annoying fan on the planet!

Seems 7 feet to me.  I have a freakin Celtic hoodie on so I felt like I should acknowledge that I'm not an autograph hound who snuck into the hotel.  Just told them that we drove down from Seattle to see them play... Bradley was like "that's what I'm talkin bout"... Wished them luck tomorrow.  I'm only 5'7... Melo is a giant next to me.

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 11:27:12 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Seems 7 feet to me.  I have a freakin Celtic hoodie on so I felt like I should acknowledge that I'm not an autograph hound who snuck into the hotel.  Just told them that we drove down from Seattle to see them play... Bradley was like "that's what I'm talkin bout"... Wished them luck tomorrow.  I'm only 5'7... Melo is a giant next to me.

If you met him in the elevator, what was he doing... sitting down??  :o
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 11:28:47 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Please Please tell them we love them...

Awesome Awesome experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 11:29:11 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
You downtown, LarBrd?

We are trying to hit up everything we can.  We are like a mile away from the rose garden...  My favorite bar so far is ground control ... The arcade/bar.   Pretty sweet ... Do you live here or have you just visited??

I live here. Transplant from New England, over ten years ago.

Portland's not quite the city Seattle is, but it has its many charms.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 11:30:50 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Please Please tell them we love them...

Awesome Awesome experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wake up early and camp out by the hotel entrance just to see them one last time! ;D That's what I would do. 4 in the morning, just sit there and wait. CELTICS FOR LIFE!

I've always viewed these guys as gods, for lack of a better word. It's hard for me to believe they're real humans (I've never been to a live game)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 11:37:22 PM »

Offline TheBig5

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 25
Grats man! I would probably scream like a little girl if I got the chance to meet them.

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
That's pretty sick