Author Topic: Jermaine O'Neal “I’m no longer looking to go and try to win a championship."  (Read 3519 times)

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 179
“I’m no longer looking to go and try to win a championship. When you don’t fit, it looks like you can’t play,” said O’Neal, who admits to savoring his surroundings a little more. “Basketball justifies a lot for people, but I don’t need that. I have a great family, and that’s my concentration.

“This year I’ve enjoyed going into every arena for some reason. I’ve enjoyed the bus rides, the dinners, the locker room stuff, all of that. Maybe it is the last one.”

. He was a very good player before injuries slowed his

Eh when he was supposedly a good player he was fraudulently overrated overpaid and soft...good ole gentle Jermaine

Online scaryjerry

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 179
I actually feel bad for the guy. It would've been nice to see him win a championship.

I would've liked to have seen him get bought out/waived by Phoenix so we can sign him for the stretch run.

His biggest problem has been staying healthy.

You have quite the heart to feel bad for this guy

Uhh really?

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Guy is a bum who was always more about himself than his team winning.

When he left Boston all he did was talk smack about the staff and word not so mysteriously leaked out how he was a selfish player who refused to listen to the team doctors and teammates disliked him for always putting himself first and prima donna

He also requested a trade from Indy right after signing the max contract due to a coaching change or something.  Bird had to say no due to BYC rules, but it adds to the me-first thing.

He also was a PF in Indy, refusing to call himself a C.  Al Harrington was the "center."

I think it was because there was more competition at C for the ASG.

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

When he left Boston all he did was talk smack about the staff and word not so mysteriously leaked out how he was a selfish player who refused to listen to the team doctors and teammates disliked him for always putting himself first and prima donna

He also requested a trade from Indy right after signing the max contract due to a coaching change or something.  Bird had to say no due to BYC rules, but it adds to the me-first thing.

He also was a PF in Indy, refusing to call himself a C.  Al Harrington was the "center."

Garnett's always referred to himself as 6'11, by all accounts due to his wanting to avoid the center position.

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257

Garnett's always referred to himself as 6'11, by all accounts due to his wanting to avoid the center position.

I call bull dookie.

KG was drafted by and played for McHale, who, at 7'1", was always listed at 6'11.

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Jermaine O'Neal is number one on my fantasy buyout list.