Poll

What do we do?

Release him
Sign him to a second ten-day and then a one-year
Sign him to a second ten-day and then a multi-year
Sign him to a one-year immediately
Sign him to a multi-year immediately

Author Topic: TWill's Future  (Read 9019 times)

Re: TWill's Future
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 03:02:48 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
He is an underrated player, very talented, Celtics should sign for the rest of the season.
With a team option for a second year. His agent might say no, but I'd try to lock him up for a second year. That would give us early bird rights.

« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2013, 04:27:46 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
He is an underrated player, very talented, Celtics should sign for the rest of the season.
With a team option for a second year. His agent might say no, but I'd try to lock him up for a second year. That would give us early bird rights.

One thing Ainge could do, if there's enough room, is use a portion of the bi-annual exception on Terrence (an exception I don't think we'll end up using next year), which may allow us to give Williams more money this year, and at the same time secure him in contract for next year.

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 04:30:38 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

One thing Ainge could do, if there's enough room, is use a portion of the bi-annual exception on Terrence (an exception I don't think we'll end up using next year), which may allow us to give Williams more money this year, and at the same time secure him in contract for next year.

I think that would be a waste of money.  Williams is a minimum-level player right now, and there's no need to limit potential flexibility next season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 04:37:21 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

I think that would be a waste of money.  Williams is a minimum-level player right now, and there's no need to limit potential flexibility next season.

I'd sacrifice that flexibility for someone who'll be an expiring contract next year, plus will make some of our bigger contracts in our guard rotation expendable to be used to try and trade for a bigger fish.

We're very limited in the additional money we can waste this year, so don't see much of an issue.

The important consideration for me is, what are the projections for next year Salary Cap, and how far along are we under the Apron so that we can fit a full mid-level player, and make decisions based on that.

But also remember, that if you think you have a good opportunity for a sign and trade, just for kicks say Al Jefferson, then that means you can't use the full MLE exception, so you're better off having someone like Terrence in the roster, at relatively very low money, and turning your expendable players into more value if the opportunity presents itself.

« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2013, 04:48:05 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

To be honest, from the super-small sample size of the past two games, he's more than a minimum-level player.

He could potentially reject a minimum contract offer. I would if I were him (if I continued to play well for the next three games). Will he show he's worth more?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2013, 04:49:02 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

To be honest, from the super-small sample size of the past two games, he's more than a minimum-level player.

He could potentially reject a minimum contract offer. I would if I were him (if I continued to play well for the next three games). Will he show he's worth more?

He won't reject a minimum contract offer this year. No one is going to offer him more.

« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

He won't reject a minimum contract offer this year. No one is going to offer him more.

That's what we said about the German guy who was offered a ten-day.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2013, 04:51:15 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson

That's what we said about the German guy who was offered a ten-day.

Huh? Has someone offered him more than a vet. min. contract?

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2013, 04:55:28 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is a rental, I think.

« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 10:37:25 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
 I'm not going to say its over or anything yet. But his inability to score is going to get him a boot for the 2nd time from the nba soon.

All that fancy dribbling, lebron james like body wont' save him if he can't score. People will be guarding off of him every single time.

« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 10:45:56 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'd say he's a lock to get a min deal the rest of the season. Assuming he hasn't acted like a complete idiot off the court since he arrived, Ainge will want to get a longer long at him for the future. 
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 10:48:51 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
I'd say he's a lock to get a min deal the rest of the season. Assuming he hasn't acted like a complete idiot off the court since he arrived, Ainge will want to get a longer long at him for the future.

sorry but how is he a lock?? He showed us one decent game vs the suns and thats it. Outside of his passing, half the time is missing shots. 

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 10:53:15 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
dump him

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 10:56:50 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

sorry but how is he a lock?? He showed us one decent game vs the suns and thats it. Outside of his passing, half the time is missing shots.

They only signed him to a 10-Day as a safety net to be sure he's not a distraction. If he isn't, he's staying.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 11:03:01 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

They only signed him to a 10-Day as a safety net to be sure he's not a distraction. If he isn't, he's staying.

last time i checked you don't sign a player bc now he is a goodboy.