Poll

What do we do?

Release him
Sign him to a second ten-day and then a one-year
Sign him to a second ten-day and then a multi-year
Sign him to a one-year immediately
Sign him to a multi-year immediately

Author Topic: TWill's Future  (Read 9017 times)

Re: TWill's Future
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 05:10:51 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think another 2nd 10 day signing is required to fully assess his abilities. But after finally getting to watch last nights game, call me pessimistic he will stick.

What got him out of the nba is still there. Jump shot is not consistent and is turnover prone. He looks lost in knowing when to score vs pass. I mean he knows how to pass , but doesn't know at times to drive in or shoot instead. Also finishing around the rim was considered one of his issues. Saw it him miss the net twice on semi difficult layups.

Again i'm being a little bit hard on him but i'm not all that impressed so far
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 05:18:17 PM by triboy16f »

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 05:13:57 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
If he'd agree to a one-year deal, with a second year non-guaranteed team option, then I think we need to go that route.  If nothing else, it gives us a trade asset for the early part of next summer.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 08:35:16 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
If he'd agree to a one-year deal, with a second year non-guaranteed team option, then I think we need to go that route.  If nothing else, it gives us a trade asset for the early part of next summer.

We foolishly did not do that for Stiemsma.

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2013, 11:59:10 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

It is possible that Stiemsma refused to sign that sort of contract.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2013, 12:17:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

It is possible that Stiemsma refused to sign that sort of contract.

Yeah, since Danny isn't a complete issue, I'm sure the idea of giving a non-guaranteed second year didn't just slip his mind.  Rather, I'm sure Stiemer's agent objected to it.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2013, 12:25:48 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
I think another 2nd 10 day signing is required to fully assess his abilities. But after finally getting to watch last nights game, call me pessimistic he will stick.

What got him out of the nba is still there. Jump shot is not consistent and is turnover prone. He looks lost in knowing when to score vs pass. I mean he knows how to pass , but doesn't know at times to drive in or shoot instead. Also finishing around the rim was considered one of his issues. Saw it him miss the net twice on semi difficult layups.

Were you watching the same game or the same person?

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 12:42:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Were you watching the same game or the same person?

maybe he was expecting us to pick up Dwayne Wade off the waiver wire?

« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 02:11:37 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
def a 2nd 10 day

then sign him to 2-3 years i'd say
would probably be fair trade bait

« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 02:13:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
The March 1 deadline is for being waived by a team so that you can be eligible for another team's playoff roster.  You aren't stuck with the guys who have on the roster on March.

The reason you would keep T-Will on a second ten-day contract is so that you aren't committed to him if someone you like better is waived by the March 1 deadline.

Or you could take both?

def a 2nd 10 day

then sign him to 2-3 years i'd say
would probably be fair trade bait

Two years is okay by me, for maybe 4 million?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 02:14:30 PM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
Another 10-day and then maybe a 1 year. Or another 10-day contract. We'll how he does against Portland.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 02:19:20 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

So because he hadn't played for a bit. Made some crazy travel arrangements to catch up with the team, no practices with the team, played one and a half games, but still looked solid, your not impressed?

I mean I get not jumping up and down thinking we got a new go to guy, but for what he's gone threw to get to this point in a matter of days, and also trying not to mess up so he can finish the season with a NBA team, and not just a scrub NBA team, he's playing in front of PP and KG and the Jet, how well would your first couple games go?

I think he's shown at least enough to get the second 10 contract, and if he plays even this well over the next few games a spot on the bench. If he gets floor time who knows, but there are worse guards out there.

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 02:25:56 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
If we sign him to a one-year contract does that influence our ability to sign a big man?

If not, I say sign him to a one-year.

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 02:29:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Another 10-day and then maybe a 1 year. Or another 10-day contract. We'll how he does against Portland.

You can only sign a player to two ten-day contracts.  Then you have to sign him for the rest of the season.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 02:56:51 PM »

Offline anthony83

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 36
He is an underrated player, very talented, Celtics should sign for the rest of the season.

Twitter: @Theanswer83

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 03:00:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Love Terrence.

We should keep him for the remainder of the season.