Poll

What do we do?

Release him
Sign him to a second ten-day and then a one-year
Sign him to a second ten-day and then a multi-year
Sign him to a one-year immediately
Sign him to a multi-year immediately

Author Topic: TWill's Future  (Read 9020 times)

TWill's Future
« on: February 23, 2013, 03:28:10 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Eh? A second ten-day would save us some money and gives us a larger sample size, but might ruin his confidence. I doubt we release him now.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Re: TWill's Future
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 03:29:41 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Multi-year cheap contract as if he ends up playing well this year he will get offered good money and we wont be able to pay him (same thing that happened to Stiemsma)

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 03:31:36 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71
I really like this kid
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 03:33:30 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I could not check one of the answers, because I would say sign him to another 10 day after the first one expires and see how he does before making a longer term decision. So far, so good.

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 03:35:04 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Like him as well. He is on his best behavior now. Would not sign him to a multi-year until we see if what he learned in China has stuck.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Would not sign him to a multi-year until we see if what he learned in China has stuck.

If you sign him for the rest of the season, it should be a multi-year contract, meaning that he should be unguaranteed next season so he can be tossed into a trade to match salaries with a team that can waive him immediately afterwards with no cap hit.  And, as said previously, so that he can be retained cheaply if he plays well.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
His ability, underrated passing and court vision, athleticism and skills is and always was NBA level. He was a headache though.

If he does play well with us the rest of the season, that will be great. But no need to hope about him staying. If he gets his behavior in the positives, he will get paid, a lot more than we can offer, and may deserve it.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 03:43:29 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He would agree to a multi-year with unguaranteed, team-option clauses, right?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2013, 03:47:29 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
Doc already trusts him to run the 2nd unit offense, so I would say we will sign him for the rest of the season.

lets not forget, he Was a lottery pick talent just a couple of years ago..

so, if Ainge believes that the strong lockerroom presence of Garnett/Pierce/Terry as well as Doc can keep him in line we should sign him for a cheap longer-term deal. its not every day Lottery pick talent falls into your lap for nothing

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
I could not check one of the answers, because I would say sign him to another 10 day after the first one expires and see how he does before making a longer term decision. So far, so good.
this is the smart move.  if he looks good during that run, sign him for the year.  if he still looks good, then sign him for next year before the season is out

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2013, 03:57:04 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
I need to see more.

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Are players in 10 day contracts considered to be on rosters on March 1? If not, then there's no room for more "10 day" contracts. He needs to be signed for the rest of the year. Don't see much of a point to keep evaluating the situation personally.

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 04:11:06 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
The March 1 deadline is for being waived by a team so that you can be eligible for another team's playoff roster.  You aren't stuck with the guys who have on the roster on March.

The reason you would keep T-Will on a second ten-day contract is so that you aren't committed to him if someone you like better is waived by the March 1 deadline.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 04:15:49 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
Love this kid. Wanted Boston to trade for him when he played in Sacremento and wanted Boston to sign him this summer
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 04:16:19 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
The March 1 deadline is for being waived by a team so that you can be eligible for another team's playoff roster.  You aren't stuck with the guys who have on the roster on March.

The reason you would keep T-Will on a second ten-day contract is so that you aren't committed to him if someone you like better is waived by the March 1 deadline.

That's true, completely misremembered. Having a tough time figuring who'd fit better. He fills two holes in our roster, adds much needed size to our guard rotation.