Author Topic: Jerome Jordan, Please  (Read 2169 times)

Jerome Jordan, Please
« on: February 23, 2013, 03:20:53 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I've been sifting through potential D-League/free agent/buyout bigs whom Danny could snag, and of course the pickings are slim, as usual, but I like the looks of Jordan. I didn't know about him until a couple days ago, and in looking at scouting reports and video of him, he's got potential.

As NBAdraft.net points out, he has his weaknesses, but any pickup at this point in the season will. His strengths, on the other hand, are quite intriguing: A legit 7-footer with good mobility and athleticism, a Tyson Chandler-like build with huge wingspan (7-6), decent post game and good shooter out to 15 feet (best of both worlds, IMO), quality rebounder and shot blocker. NBAdraft.net also says he has a chance to become an NBA starter.

Take all this with a grain of salt, but to me he looks like the best option out there right now in terms of youth, skill, and size—guys like Dampier are probably cooked, guys like Amundson are basically repetitive of Wilcox and Bass, and no other D-Leaguer seems better than Jordan.

Thoughts?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Re: Jerome Jordan, Please
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 07:22:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
no. The kid has low bbiq. All he can really do is dunk, block and rebound (not even dominating for his size).

But all the other things are missing. Like our Fab.

Last thing we need is a project.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 07:25:31 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Sign him to a 10-day!
I have also noticed this kid, would be a perfect match next to Rondo. What the heck he cant be worse than Fab Melo?
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 08:36:38 PM »

Offline feckless

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 93
no. The kid has low bbiq. All he can really do is dunk, block and rebound (not even dominating for his size).

Didn't we almost trade KG for another Jordan who can only "dunk, block and rebound"?
Days up and down they come, like rain on a conga drum, forget most, remember some, don't turn none away.   Townes Van Zandt

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2013, 08:51:12 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Didn't we almost trade KG for another Jordan who can only "dunk, block and rebound"?
Right  ;). Glad that didn't go through. I cut actually like the Crawford deal better.  Bledsoe is good by D.Jordan is not worth giving up HOFer KG for.  We basically got Crawford for free so long as Ainge can replace Jason Collins which should not be an impossible task. 

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2013, 10:13:24 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

Right  ;). Glad that didn't go through. I cut actually like the Crawford deal better.  Bledsoe is good by D.Jordan is not worth giving up HOFer KG for.  We basically got Crawford for free so long as Ainge can replace Jason Collins which should not be an impossible task.

Not be an impossible task... nor difficult. Actually fairly easy, and actually considering that now Doc is forced to play Wilcox instead, I'd say basically mission accomplished.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 10:34:38 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
WHo?   I don't think he would help us.  Raw and project as others have stated.

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2013, 10:37:30 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
WHo?   I don't think he would help us.  Raw and project as others have stated.

Well, if there was an NBA-ready D-Leaguer, I'm sure he would've found a job by now. They're all either raw or not skilled enough
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"