Author Topic: Hakim Warrick?  (Read 4658 times)

Re: Hakim Warwick?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 08:04:13 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I believe Johnson can't return to the Celtics before July 1, 2013, as they traded him away in the offseason.
Ridiculous rule when applied to guys who are horrible.

There should be a way around that rule, where he can sign a contract with the C's, but every team in order of the waiver wire gets a chance to sign him on the same contract. If he refuses to report to that team, he is out of the league for 1 year.

There should be no restrictions for a player re-signing with a team if no one else wants the player.

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 08:27:04 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
see post below

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 08:27:59 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Not sure why they don't bring in Whiteside, even as a project.  Look how long it took DeAndre Jordan to start performing at a serviceable level.  I guess Whiteside must be worse than early DeAndre Jordan.  Either that or there's just no room for a project.

I'd think with a PG like Rondo they'd want a guy like Whiteside for the future....someone who can get him dunks...he could sit on the bench while the other new big gets all the available minutes....

Then, I think, even Whiteside comes in and screws up royally, he's still going grab a lot of rebounds.  Sometimes I wonder if the Celts aren't a little obsessed with playing mistake-free ball.  Is Jason Collins and his mistake-free, non-stat game more valuable at 10 minutes than 6 rebounds and 3 or four mistakes from Whiteside in the same amount of time?  Obviously it wouldn't be at crunch time.  And I doubt Jason Collins would have been in at crunch time either....

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 08:32:36 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I've liked Warrick since his Syracuse days, and he is certainly more talented than DJ White.  However, we already have Jeff Green who is stepping up so they do not need to add another undersized front court player.  Strange as it may sound, they need to replace Jason Collins, hopefully with another 7-footer who actually has an offensive game, but if not then another big body who will play defense, take up some space, and grab a few rebounds. Eric Dampier anyone?

Please, let's not add any more slow players to this squad. Keep adding mobility with length, it would help us plenty more.
Rondo, Green, Lee, Bradley, Crawford and Williams does not sound like slow players to me, no Wilcox is a good running big.  In the half-court speed doesn't matter so much. Beyond that, Dampier was actually suggested by A.Sherrod Blakely on trade deadline night. Personally I know he is washed up andrepulsion prefer a buyout of Dalembert.

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
I think he essentially is a slighter Chris Wilcox.

Unlike Wilcox, he actually has a mid-range game.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 10:19:08 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I've liked Warrick since his Syracuse days, and he is certainly more talented than DJ White.  However, we already have Jeff Green who is stepping up so they do not need to add another undersized front court player.  Strange as it may sound, they need to replace Jason Collins, hopefully with another 7-footer who actually has an offensive game, but if not then another big body who will play defense, take up some space, and grab a few rebounds. Eric Dampier anyone?

Please, let's not add any more slow players to this squad. Keep adding mobility with length, it would help us plenty more.
Rondo, Green, Lee, Bradley, Crawford and Williams does not sound like slow players to me, no Wilcox is a good running big.  In the half-court speed doesn't matter so much. Beyond that, Dampier was actually suggested by A.Sherrod Blakely on trade deadline night. Personally I know he is washed up andrepulsion prefer a buyout of Dalembert.

It was more in reference to a Collins-like player getting playing time ahead of those guys. Do not want.

And, I think we all know that Sherrod is a bit of an idiot all told.

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 10:41:06 PM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
I'd prefer Warwick to DJ White...while somewhat different players, I think that this is the Sully replacement.  If Warwick clears waivers, which I think is expected, I think we should look to grab him....not the rebounder White may (or may not) be, but overall better player, and could be part of a playoff rotation, unlike White.

That still leaves a hole for a true 5, which White is not....not sure who this should/could be.

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 11:09:45 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

It was more in reference to a Collins-like player getting playing time ahead of those guys. Do not want.

I can't think of an available quick 7-footer offhand, can you?  I'm just talking about replacing what Collins brought which is a need don't you think?  My point is that it's not adding "more slow players". As far as Sherrod, he follows the NBA pretty closely, and it is a reasonable suggestion under the circumstances. He would not get much PT with the 9 or so players ahead of him in the rotation.

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

I can't think of an available quick 7-footer offhand, can you?  I'm just talking about replacing what Collins brought which is a need don't you think?  My point is that it's not adding "more slow players". As far as Sherrod, he follows the NBA pretty closely, and it is a reasonable suggestion under the circumstances. He would not get much PT with the 9 or so players ahead of him in the rotation.

I'm afraid of him getting PT considering how Doc used Collins, so I don't want Doc to even be tempted to it.

In general, I'm fine with keeping Wilcox in the center role, and occasional PF with KG (most underused duo in this roster), as long as we add a PF with length taller than Bass (no need to go 7'0) that can rebound and shows a semblance of being able to play proper defense.

I think part of my disagreement with most about our needs is that I'm much higher on Wilcox's contributions to this team than most around.

That said, center depth is a concern, so yeah we need another player that's capable of playing the position in case of emergency, but still don't see the need to go for a slow footed 7'0 player in my opinion.

Dampier to me is a last resort kind of addition, and I don't think we'll reach that point.

(As for Sherrod, he's shown himself to be a very unreliable source of information, and I disagree with just about every analysis I've had the pleasure of witnessing so far. But to each his own).

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2013, 03:33:21 AM »

Offline rmitchell222003

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
http://youtu.be/BkvkL7Q4WYY

I think Danny needs to pick him up

Re: Hakim Warrick?
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 04:04:48 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Warrick is a gifted P&R partner, an offensive asset. But he doesn't defend and he doesn't rebound. Wouldn't be mad if we brought him on, but not excited either.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Re: Hakim Warrick?
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 05:58:38 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I believe Johnson can't return to the Celtics before July 1, 2013

I do not think we would want him back, folks.

Warrick is a gifted P&R partner, an offensive asset

Agree.   We need some bigs for depth.   Not sure if he would replace Collins, I don't think they are remotely the same type of player.